Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered has been announced for PC, Mac, Linux & iOS; as the newest classic Adventure Game to get a Remastering tomorrow, January 29th, 2015! This time the game is “Fahrenheit”, which was released in America as “Indigo Prophecy” back in 2005, originally for the Original Xbox & PS2, then later ported in uncensored form for PC via GOG.com.
Check out the launch trailer for Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered!
Guilt is a chilling feeling… Originally released in 2005, Fahrenheit (known as Indigo Prophecy in North America) was a breakthrough in interactive narrative, teetering between the worlds of cinema and gaming while also embracing them, carving its own unique genre in the entertainment landscape. This newly remastered edition features updated graphics, full controller support AND is based on the uncut/uncensored international version of the game.
With a rich multilayered narrative, innovative presentation, and a chilling musical score by famed Hollywood composer Angelo Badalementi, Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered serves as the definitive version of the supernatural murder mystery and (re)introduces the groundbreaking title to old and new fans alike.
Key Remastering Upgrades:
* High-definition Graphics – All of the in-game textures have been meticulously recreated in HD for mobile and desktop.
* Full Controller Support – Support for Sony and Microsoft controllers for desktop platforms.
* Live Graphics Comparison – Players can switch between the updated visuals and the original art assets with the touch of a button.
Key Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered Features:
* Interactive Drama – An intuitive control scheme and spectacular split-screen presentation complement the game’s mysterious noir narrative.
* Extensive Replayability – With branching dialog and multiple endings, each playthrough of the game yields a different outcome.
* Multiple Characters – Take control of the narrative through four different playable characters, each illuminating a different perspective of the story.
* Cinematic Score – Fahrenheit features a fully orchestrated score composed by Angelo Badalamenti, famous for his extensive work with director David Lynch.
* Uncut Version of the Game – Unlike the original North American release, Remastered contains all of the game’s original scenes, uncensored and uncut.
If you’ve never heard of this game, it laid the foundation for developer Quantic Dream’s prowess in Adventure Games.
Does Quantic Dream sound familiar?
They are currently working on an unnamed PlayStation 4 project that will probably get announced at E3 2015.
As such, it is very, very cool to see this title finally get a remastered version! I never played the original, but I remember eyeing it all the time for the Original Xbox while browsing stores; and considered picking it up on many occasions. I’ll definitely be giving this Remastered version a shot!
Are you excited about Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered?