What were the Top 10 best selling games in November 2014 in the United States?
The newest NPD numbers are in, and so are the top lists of the highest selling game systems and games for last month in America.
Here is the full Top 10 of November 2014:
1. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4, PS3, PC)**
2. Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3)**
3. Super Smash Bros. (Wii U, 3DS) — Wii U sales 710,000 (retail + digital) & 3DS sales 1.5 million (retail + digital)!
4. Madden NFL 15 (Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4, PS3)
5. Assassin’s Creed: Unity (PS4, Xbox One, PC)**
6. Pokemon Alpha Sapphire (3DS)** — Combined sales 1.5 million (retail + digital)!
7. Far Cry 4 (PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, PC)**
8. Pokemon Omega Ruby (3DS)**
9. NBA 2K15 (PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PC)**
10. Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox One)
** Includes: CE, GOTY editions, bundles, etc. but not those bundled with hardware. Physical retail copies only.
Another year with COD on #1. Here’s the Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare TV commercial…
System Sales in November 2014:
1. Xbox One — New #1 after 10 months of PS4 dominance.
2. PlayStation 4
3. Nintendo 3DS
4. Nintendo Wii U — Sales around 242,000 for the month.
5. Xbox 360
6. PlayStation 3
7. PlayStation Vita
Note: Only the first three spots are confirmed. The rest are estimates, no complete hard sales data was released for the month.
Check out the Xbox One launch trailer…
Analysis of the game and hardware sales numbers:
Although NPD doesn’t by far track all digital sales, retail still gives a good impression of last month’s best selling video games.
To quote NPD industry analyst Liam Callahan…
About video games he said:
“For the most part throughout 2014, we have seen software declines that were offset by year-over-year increases in hardware spending. This November, however, hardware declines totaled $294 million while software declined $17 million or 2 percent. Accessory sales increased by a modest $5 million.”
About hardware he said:
“Cumulative PS4 & Xbox One sales are now almost 80 percent higher than the combined total of PS3 and Xbox 360 sales after 13 months. Hardware bundles were a major factor in sales of hardware this year.”
“Sales of amiibo are approximately equal to sales of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U so far, while Link, Mario and Pikachu (in that order) have been the best-selling figures to date.”
I’m really not surprised Xbox One is the new console king, the bundles they gave out in America and Europe in were amazing for Christmas shoppers!
I got my Xbox One in November from the Microsoft store and although it was at retail price, it came with loads of extras bundled in: A 2nd controller, $30 gift card, Assassin’s Creed Unity, Assassin’s Creed 4, Halo: The Master Chief Collection and Dance Central 4. I ended up buying Peggle 2 and a Play & Charge Kit with the gift card. Add in the monthly free Xbox Live Gold game you get and the console nearly pays for itself!
So yeah, I guess you could say I’m a fan of these holiday bundles to push the new consoles on us, I own all Nintendo, Sony & Microsoft consoles now. 😀