What were the top 10 bestselling video games in America, Japan and Europe this past week? Thanks to Amazon online sales data here are the video games that are the hottest worldwide right now.
What follows is a listing of the Top 10 bestsellers per region, for all systems combined.
North America’s Top 10 Games:
1. Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (3DS)
2. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (Xbox 360)
3. Madden NFL 15 (Xbox 360)
4. Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)
5. Bayonetta 2 (Wii U)
6. Destiny (Xbox 360)
7. Destiny (Xbox One)
8. Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition (PS3)
9. Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox 360)
10. Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor (PS4)
The hype is real for a month now! The Super Smash Bros. series has made its portable debut on the Nintendo 3DS in America, Canada, Europe, Australia & the rest of the world.
When it debuted in Japan it immediately sold over 1 million copies in its 1st weekend & 1.7 million so far! And in the new regions it has sold an additional 1.4 million in its first week on sale, making for a worldwide total of 3.1+ million copies sold! 😮
Take a look at these short Super Smash Bros. 3DS TV commercials:
Japan’s Top 10 Games:
1. Monster Hunter 4G (3DS)
2. Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (3DS)
3. Yo-Kai Watch 2: Ganzo – Includes Limited Trading Card (3DS)
4. Yo-Kai Watch 2: Honke – Includes Limited Trading Card (3DS)
5. Powerful Pro Baseball Live 2014 (PS3)
6. Powerful Pro Baseball Live 2014 (PS Vita)
7. The Evil Within (PS3)
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS)
9. Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition – North American version (PS3)
10. The Evil Within (PS4)
Capcom has stated that the Monster Hunter series has sold over 26 million copies at both retail and as digital downloads. With Monster Hunter 3G selling over 3 million on 3DS alone, expect Monster Hunter 4G to be another sure-fire hit for the portable system. In fact, Nintendo even released a new silver 3DS XL (called 3DS LL in Japan) to celebrate the launch, since the franchise is considered a system seller.
See the new Japanese Monster Hunter 4G TV commercial:
Europe’s Top 10 Games:
1. FIFA 15 (Xbox 360)
2. Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor (PS4)
3. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (Xbox 360)
4. FIFA 15 (PS3)
5. Sunset Overdrive Day One Edition (Xbox One)
6. Farming Simulator 15 (PC)
7. Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition (PS3)
8. FIFA 15 (PS4)
9. Disney Infinity 2.0 Marvel Superheroes Starter Pack (Xbox 360)
10. Skylanders Trap Team: Starter Pack (Xbox 360)
Soccer continues to be a big deal in Europe with the 2014 UEFA Champions League on TV. So it’s no surprise a soccer game is ruling the charts with an ‘iron foot’ for another week. FIFA 14 went on to sell over 15 million copies in a year, expect FIFA 15 to match that success.
Watch the FIFA 15 “Feel The Game” TV commercial:
Worldwide Top Games Per System:
- Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS stays on top of the 3DS chart.
- Minecraft returns atop the Xbox 360 & PS3 charts.
- Mario Kart 8 races back to first place on the Wii U chart.
- Destiny loots the #1 spot on the Xbox One chart.
- Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor stays high on the PS4 chart.
- Diablo III: Reaper of Souls makes a comeback as #1 on the PC & Mac charts.
- Just Dance 2015 wins a dance-off for the #1 prize on the Wii chart.
- Pokemon Black & White Version 2 catches the #1 spot on the DS chart.
- Lastly, Freedom Wars debuts as number 1 on the PS Vita chart.