Destiny: The Dark Below Expansion 1 Details
The Destiny: The Dark Below Expansion 1 release date is set for December 9, 2014 on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One & Xbox 360, with the PlayStation versions getting some exclusive content that Microsoft fans won’t have access to until Autumn of 2015.
Check out the Destiny: Dark Below Expansion 1 Announcement trailer from GamesCom 2014.
Dark Below represents the first of two previously announced expansions (the other is called House of Wolves and will come in 2015), and is the first expansion for Bungie & Activision’s million-selling first-person shooter since Destiny‘s launch last month.
Here’s the Destiny: The Dark Below Expansion 1 image gallery.
Click on any of these image thumbnails to see the full-size screenshots:
It will feature all new gear to earn, weapons to learn, multiplayer activities to partake in, a new story and new cooperative content sure to keep fans busy until the next expansion hits.
Key Features of Dark Below include:
* New weapons, armor and gear to earn, including Legendary and Exotic items.
* Light Level cap raised to 32 and five additional Bounty slots added.
* New story quests and missions – after years hiding amongst the Hive shadows, a new character, Eris, has come forth bearing an ominous warning: The Hive seek to summon a god, Crota, to destroy the Earth. Find Eris in the Tower to take on special quests that include three new missions where you will increase your Light and earn new rewards.
* New co-operative Strike, The Will of Crota, pits you and your Fireteam against Omnigul as she works to expand the Hive army at the command of her master, Crota.
* Three new competitive multiplayer arenas:
Set deep within the Black Garden in an ancient Vex temple that features Vex-designed landscapes and tight corridors.
An old interplanetary defense array that offers both vehicle and infantry engagements.
– The Cauldron
An abandoned Hive ritual site that offers close-quarter combat.
* New six-player Raid, Crota’s End, set deep within the depths of the Hellmouth.
* PlayStation platforms will also get access to an exclusive co-operative Strike, The Undying Mind and an exotic weapon, and more (timed exclusive until at least Autumn 2015)
Players can purchase The Dark Below individually ($19.99/£19.99), or as part of the Destiny Expansion Pass ($34.99/£34.99), which includes both Expansion I and Expansion II, on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, and Xbox 360.
“Destiny was created as a living universe, which has allowed us to improve the experience post launch in real-time,” says Harold Ryan, President of Bungie. “It also gives us insight into the things players are looking for in new content. We’ve seen from feedback that people want new activities, gear and weapons, and of course the immensely popular Raid. The community helps shape our development decisions and that’s really important to us.”
Tags: Destiny Expansion 1: The Dark Below
Categories: News, PS3 News, PS4 News, Screenshots, Videos, Xbox 360 News, Xbox One News