Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Walkthrough
The Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor walkthrough will guide you through the beginning to ending moments of gameplay with strategy tips for this Lord of the Rings action-RPG on the PC, PS4, Xbox One, PS3 & Xbox 360.
Fight through Mordor and uncover the truth of the spirit that compels you, discover the origins of the Rings of Power, build your legend and ultimately confront the evil of Sauron in this new chronicle of Middle-earth.
Let’s start the Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor walkthrough with an introduction video!
Please note that viewers must be at least 18 to watch, so no harm comes to those with innocent eyes. This game includes Blood and Gore, Intense Violence.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Banished From Death
- Chapter 2: Smeagol
- Chapter 3: Ratbag the Coward
- Chapter 4: Brogg Captains Duel
- Chapter 5: Mogg the Warchief
- Chapter 6: East Garrison Stronghold Uruk Hunting
- Chapter 7: Gollum
- Chapter 8: Celebrimbor
- Chapter 9: Prak Elf-Slayer & Humgrat Black-Blade Warchiefs
- Chapter 10: Sauron’s Monument
- Chapter 11: The Black Captain Boss Fight & The Messenger
- Chapter 12: Queen of The Shore & Creating An Army
- Chapter 13: Tarz The Knife & The Cure
- Chapter 14: Torvin’s Hunt Training
- Chapter 15: The Legendary Graug
- Chapter 16: The Lithariel Rescue & Skun The Warchief
- Chapter 17: Ushbaka The Warchief & Stakuga The Warchief
- Chapter 18: Lord of Mordor & The Tower Boss
- Chapter 19: Final Mission & Ending
Index of Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Guides:
- This Page: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Walkthrough
- Next Page: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Cheats
- Next Page: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Achievements Guide
- Next Page: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trophies Guide
- Next Page: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Forge Towers Locations Guide
- Next Page: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Artifacts Locations Guide
- Next Page: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Ithildin Locations Guide
- Next Page: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Collectibles
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Walkthrough
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor delivers a dark story of retribution as players will assume the role of Talion, a Ranger of the Black Gate who loses everything on the night of Sauron’s return to Mordor. As Talion’s personal vendetta unfolds, players uncover the mystery of the Spirit that compels him, discover the origin of the Rings of Power and confront the ultimate nemesis.
With a dynamic next-gen game environment powered by the Nemesis System, players orchestrate their personal plan of vengeance as they bend Mordor to their will; ensuring a unique experience to all players. Every enemy players face is a unique individual, differentiated by their personality, strengths and weaknesses.
Enemy encounters create personal archenemies specific to every gameplay session. Players must out-think each distinctively different enemy to infiltrate the ranks and dominate within the dynamic world that remembers and adapts to their actions and choices.
Grow your army and dominate the Uruk soldiers of Sauron’s Army to build your own, using the power of the Wraith. Your power begets followers, willing or otherwise, and they will follow you or fall. Mordor’s wildlife has been forged in an unforgiving environment, ensuring only the strongest survive. Using the power of the Wraith, swift Caragors and mighty Graugs will become yours as well. A land of shadow and the home of the Second Dark Lord of Middle-earth, Sauron, Mordor beckons to spirits and calls dark things to its twisted heart. It is home to many monstrous creatures, among them Caragors, Graugs; monsters neither the Uruks nor their Dark Lord have tamed. Its burning heart, Mount Doom currently lays dormant.
Key Game Features:
- Talion – Players take the form of Talion, a ranger who loses his family and everything he holds dear, only to be returned from death by a mysterious Spirit of vengeance.
- Mordor – Set between The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor begins on the night of Sauron’s return to Mordor, throwing the region into turmoil.
- Nemesis System – Discover a powerful and dynamic next-gen gameplay mechanic that allows players’ actions to shape enemy relationships and characteristics, creating personal and unique stories and gameplay arcs that remain persistent even after death.
- Wraith abilities – Players command Wraith Powers to orchestrate and execute their vengeance to outwit enemies, infiltrate the ranks, and dominate within an adaptive world.
- Melee combat – A multitude of enemies will require different tactics, encouraging the player to advance their skills, abilities and weapons to become legendary through a system of rune rewards crafted according to the player’s strategy.
Key Game Locations:
- The valley of Udûn is a harsh and unaccommodating land used primarily as a way-station for armies with ambitions to breach Mordor or attack from it. The sprawling land was once populated by Gondorian Outcasts but is now commanded by the Uruks.
- Atypical for Mordor, the Sea of Núrnen lies hundreds of miles deep past its borders and is a lush, green landscape that Sauron is using to feed his growing war machine. Subjugated slaves are tilling the fields and fishing the sea to keep the Uruk hordes fed.
- A land of shadow and the home of the Second Dark Lord of Middle-earth, Sauron, Mordor beckons to spirits and calls dark things to its twisted heart. It is home to many monstrous creatures, among them Caragors, Graugs; monsters neither the Uruks nor their Dark Lord have tamed. Its burning heart, Mount Doom currently lays dormant.
Chapter 1: Banished From Death
Welcome to the Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor walkthrough!
This game bridges the gap between The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings.
Doug will be your voice-over commentator showing you around the game’s areas.
The introduction starts at 3:30 minutes into the video guide. Then through memories we work out way up to the first of Sauron’s Captain boss fights. Followed by a search for Gimub the Slaver.
Runes Tip: Killing Sauron’s Captains gives you Runes. They help you as follows:
A) Runes can be turned in with his powerful Wraith-ally Celebrimbor for upgrade points.
B) Runes can be equipped to your weapon for added effects, such as:
– 25% to recover health upon any kill,
– Terrorize enemies with stealth kills,
– Flaming sword at high combo streak.
Chapter 2: Smeagol
We continue our search for Gimub the Slaver. Which eventually leads to us meeting up with Smeagol!
Chapter 3: Ratbag the Coward
Let’s use the Spirit of Mordor to find Ratbag the Coward and discover intel about the Goroth Caragor Tamer and the Captain.
Captain Interrogation Tip: When a Captain’s health gets low, you can grab him. Hold the top right shoulder button to grab a Captain and press the X button on PlayStation / A button on Xbox to interrogate him. Remember only living Captains can be interrogated.
Chapter 4: Brogg Captains Duel
Get ready for the second captains duel against Captain Brogg the Twin. “Together” with Ratbag, search for Brogg without raising the alarm. Sadly your new Orc buddy gets captured and you’ll have to save his head during this final encounter.
Rank Note: After defeating Goroth, Ratbag will take his place as this camp’s Captain… his next step is to become a Warchief who reports directly to the Black Hand of Sauron. As you might expect Ratbag’s hunger for power is growing, and so is his usefulness to your cause. Keep him alive, and he’ll bring you one step closer to the Black Hand of Sauron.
Chapter 5: Mogg the Warchief
On our next mission for vengeance we must find Mogg the other Twin, who happens to be a formidable Warchief. The first of four Warchiefs you have to take down. In doing so, getting Ratbag promoted to Warchief.
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Walkthrough continues on Page 2 with Chapter 6: Uruk Hunting in the East Garrison Stronghold.
Tags: Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
Categories: News, PC Walkthroughs, PS3 Walkthroughs, PS4 Walkthroughs, Videos, Walkthroughs, Xbox 360 Walkthroughs, Xbox One Walkthroughs