Tales of Xillia 2 Walkthrough
The Tales of Xillia 2 walkthrough will guide you through the beginning to ending moments of gameplay with strategy tips for this JRPG game on the PS3 exclusively.
Tales of Xillia 2 centers around Ludger Kresnik, a young man and a skilled chef who lives in Trigleph city in Elympios with his brother Julius and their cat Rollo. He strives to follow in his brother’s footsteps and work as an agent in the prestigious Spirius Corporation, a large scale and illustrious company that develops technology for every field imaginable. One day, through a chance encounter, he meets Elle Marta: a young girl travelling alone attempting to reunite with her father at the mythic “Land of Canaan” and ends up accompanying her. His choice to accompany her will send the two on a journey that will change the fate of the two worlds forever.
Let’s start the Tales of Xillia 2 walkthrough with an introduction video that recaps Tales of Xillia 1!
Please note that viewers must be at least aged 13-16 to watch, in America & Europe respectively, so no harm comes to those with innocent eyes. This game includes Blood, Mild Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, Violence.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: The Cogs of Fate
- Chapter 2: New Friends, New Debts
- Chapter 3: It All Falls Apart & Volt Boss Fight
- Chapter 4: The Monster in the Alleyway
- Chromatus Transformation!
- Aska The Great Spirit!
- Chronos The Guardian Boss Fight
- Elle Making a Promise
- Character Episodes: Rowen #1, Jude #2 & Milla #1
- Song Echos Through the Falls
- Character Episodes: Rowen #2, Alvin #2 & Milla #2
Index of Tales of Xillia 2 Guides:
- This Page: Tales of Xillia 2 Walkthrough
- Next Page: Tales of Xillia 2 Cheats
- Next Page: Tales of Xillia 2 Trophies Guide
Tales of Xillia 2 Walkthrough
One year after the climatic events of Tales of Xillia in which the two worlds, Rieze Maxia and Elympios, were united by the destruction of the barrier that separated the two worlds. Elympios is a modern nation with a high level of technological advancement gained through the use of spyrix, whereas Rieze Maxia is a previously isolated land which relies on spirit artes and nature. While both worlds work towards peace together, there are still numerous clashes due to cultural differences and it will be some time before true peace is achieved. Jude, Milla and the cast of the original Tales of Xillia from Rieze Maxia now strive to live their lives and fight for peace in this newly reunited world.
You’ll be able to enjoy special side stories with them to find out what they have been up to for the past year as they begin to join your party in Tales of Xillia 2.
Key Game Features:
- A Bleak World — A darker story and noir atmosphere awaits Ludger and Elle as they must make hard choices and decisions that affect not only their own welfare but that of the world and people around them.
- New and Returning Characters — Jude, Milla and the cast of original characters fates intertwine with Ludger and Elle and unfold in character stories that players experience to see how their favorite characters have progressed in the aftermath of the story told in the first game.
- The power of Choice — Decide how Ludger reacts to situations throughout the game changing the upcoming events and affecting his relationships with his companions, ultimately altering the course of the story.
- Enhanced Battle System — The DR-LMBS (Double Raid Linear Motion Battle System) real-time battle system is improved and expanded with special battle abilities including the Weapon Swap system and Chromatus transformations.
- A Tale of Designs — Adding to the characters designed by famed Tales of character designers, Mutsumi Inomata and Kosuke Fujishima, Daigo Okumura, character designer on previous Tales of titles joins to design Ludger and Elle for Tales of Xillia 2.
Frequently Asked Questions
Hideo Baba, Producer on the ‘Tales of’ Series, took some time to answer fan questions about Tales of Xillia 2.
Where do you find inspiration for creating games? Books? Music? Art? Or does is just happen in your brain with no external factors/stimulants?
Answer: Basically I hardly draw inspiration from specific books, music or arts. We describe a fantasy world through its storyline and world setting, so we always keep in mind to bring brand new game experiences to everyone such as the world setting, main character’s adventure and battle system in every new title. If the world setting and the adventure looked same as something else existing, I suppose no one could enjoy the game, especially in the long series. Therefore, we create almost everything from our original ideas.
Do you have any goal as video game producer? Any dreams? You are already famous! So what more can one achieve? World domination? That… wouldn’t be so bad…
Answer: My goal is to keep creating new gameplay experiences in the shape of videogames in “Tales of” series while keeping the traditional features. I would like to keep sending various messages through games to encourage players to live and to try something hard.
What possibilities do you see for future games. Would you consider futuristic sci-fi, or darker themed games? Where does the series go from here?
Answer: This is an interesting question. I believe a story can be any storyline and can be described in any ways, but Tales of series has been described in the adventure of sword and magic with the theme of storyline and its message, so if I have an opportunity to develop a sci-fi game, I would like to make it in the other new series.
There is a running joke in the Tales series to do with badly drawn wanted posters. Is there a history to this? Who draws them?
Answer: We describe both serious storylines and elements that players can get a good chuckle in the worlds of Tales of series. That’s a sense of fun of the developers which makes the series more than games. Most of these illustrations on WANTED posters were traditionally drawn by directors of each title for some reason. These posters describe the interesting gap between the actual characters and their “portraits” in an amusing way..
Is there any chance for having Japanese Audio included in future Tales of games?
Answer: I know that lots of users who support Tales of series in North America, Europe and Asia would like to have original Japanese voice-overs. We want to try to solve various problems to make it happen.
Were you surprised at the number of people who campaigned for dual audio options in Tales Of games, and the number of people in the EU/US who prefer to listen to Japanese actors with English subtitles, even if they don’t speak Japanese themselves?
Answer: Honestly speaking, I feel this is natural. When watching dramas or movies, I myself enjoy them more as perfect video pictures with original voice-overs and Japanese subtitles. Thus, even if players cannot understand Japanese, no wonder they want to feel the original performances and their original expressions in the original language. – I cannot make a promise, but I would like to challenge to bring the original Japanese voice-overs to everyone.
Chapter 1: The Cogs of Fate
Welcome to the Tales of Xillia 2 walkthrough!
Pro gamer InfernoBlast will be your guide showing you around the game’s areas.
Chapter 2: New Friends, New Debts
Your situation seems to be going from bad to worse.
Chapter 3: It All Falls Apart & Volt Boss Fight
Get ready for the Volt boss battle.
Chapter 4: The Monster in the Alleyway
Check out these Alternative Worlds.
There are 4 levels to this transformation. You will get these later on during the game. Where level 4 comes at the end of the game.
Tales of Xillia 2 Walkthrough continues on Page 2 with Part 6: Aska The Great Spirit.
Tags: Tales of Xillia 2
Categories: News, PS3 Walkthroughs, Videos, Walkthroughs