What are the top 10 bestselling video games in America, Japan and Europe this week? Thanks to Amazon online sales data here are the video games that are the hottest worldwide right now.
What follows is a listing of the Top 10 bestsellers per region, for all systems combined.
Watch The Latest Gaming News:
North America’s Top 10 Games:
1. Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)
2. Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster (PS3) — Note: $10 discount; price down to $20.
3. Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox 360)
4. Call of Duty: Ghosts (Xbox One)
5. Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag (Xbox 360)
6. Call of Duty: Ghosts (Xbox 360)
7. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (Xbox 360)
8. Pokemon Y (3DS)
9. Call of Duty: Ghosts (PS3)
10. Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition (PS3)
Mario Kart 8 has been #1 ever since its debut worldwide seven weeks ago! With the previous console Mario Kart game on Wii selling to almost 36 million fans, can the Wii U sequel keep up the pace? Reviewers say yes, lauding the game as the best Mario Kart ever.
Sales-wise, it has sold a staggering 2 million copies worldwide in its first month (1.2 million in the first weekend alone). Expect this title to rank high on the top 100 charts for many years to come, as Mario Kart games always keep selling like hotcakes.
“This just in!” Fox News reports on a new development in Mario Kart 8, the Luigi Death Stare meme! 😆
Japan’s Top 10 Games:
1. Yo-Kai Watch 2: Ganzo – Includes Digital Music from the Game (3DS)
2. Yo-Kai Watch 2: Honke (3DS)
3. Yo-Kai Watch 2: Honke – Includes Digital Music from the Game (3DS)
4. Yo-Kai Watch 2: Ganzo (3DS)
5. Yokai Watch (3DS)
6. Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines 2 (PS Vita)
7. Monster Hunter 4 (3DS)
8. Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition – North American Version (PS3)
9. Atelier Shallie: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea – Limited Edition (PS3)
10. Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)
The Nintendo 3DS game sequel came out last week in a Pokemon-like dual-release that’s topping the charts with 1.28 million sales in its first 4 days! The manga / game / anime franchise Yokai Watch was created by game developer Level-5 to great success, there’s even a movie coming out at the end of 2014!
In other news, the original Yokai Watch — which sold over 1 million copies in Japan so far — was confirmed to be coming to America as “Yo-Kai Watch”, so here’s hoping for a worldwide release.
See the brand new Yokai Watch 2 TV commercial:
And here’s the Yokai Watch 2 dance video:
Europe’s Top 10 Games:
1. Tomodachi Life (3DS)
2. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (Xbox 360)
3. Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox 360)
4. Minecraft: Playstation 3 Edition (PS3)
5. FIFA 14 (Xbox 360)
6. Grand Theft Auto V (PS3)
7. The LEGO Movie: Videogame (Xbox 360)
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS)
9. Titanfall (Xbox 360)
10. Call of Duty: Ghosts (Xbox 360)
After last summer Animal Crossing: New Leaf was a hit on the portable 3DS, this year Tomodachi Life’s sim world takes the crown. In fact, both games have been ranking in the Top 10 chart all month!
Tomodachi Life is Japanese for Friends Life. Nintendo has kept the 3DS exclusive life simulator game every bit as wacky as its Japanese original and it shows… “All hail the Virtual Boy!” is an ode in the game from Nintendo of Japan’s Shigeru Miyamoto & Nintendo of America President Reggie Films-Aime to the 3DS’s 3D forefather, the Virtual Boy system. A special treat for fans of both 3D systems like me. 😀
Watch the funny & weird Tomodachi Life reveal video here:
Worldwide Top Games Per System:
- Mario Kart 8 finishes on first place on the Wii U chart.
- Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster comes in 1st on the PS3 chart.
- Grand Theft Auto V is 1st on the Xbox 360 chart.
- Call of Duty: Ghosts comes in 1st on the Xbox One chart.
- Pokemon Y stays on top of the 3DS chart.
- FIFA 14 remains at #1 on the PS4 chart.
- Tomb Raider 2013 returns on the PC chart.
- The Borderlands 2 PS Vita Bundle is still number 1 on the PS Vita chart.
- Mario Kart Wii returns to first place on the Wii chart (Still Top 100 Rank #59 after 6 years).
- Pokemon Black & White Version 2 catches the #1 spot on the DS chart.
- Lastly, The Sims 3: Island Paradise returns on the Mac chart.