The Shovel Knight walkthrough will guide you through the beginning to ending moments of gameplay with strategy tips for this 2D action platformer on the PC, Mac, Wii U & 3DS.
Shovel Knight is a sweeping classic action adventure game with awesome gameplay, memorable characters, and an 8-bit retro aesthetic.
Let’s start the Shovel Knight walkthrough with an introduction video!
Suitable for viewers of ages 3 and up. This game includes Mild Fantasy Violence.
Table of Contents
- Stage 1: The Plains & Black Knight Boss Fight
- Stage 2: Pridemoor Keep & King Knight Boss Fight
- Stage 3: The Lich Yard & Specter Knight Boss Fight + Bonus Level: Forest of Phasing
- Stage 4: Explodatorium & Plague Knight Boss Fight + Mona’s Mini-Game Madness
- Stage 5: Iron Whale & Treasure Knight Boss Fight
- Stage 6: Lost City & Mole Knight Boss Fight
- Stage 7: Hall of Champions & Black Knight Boss Fight (Round 2)
- Stage 8: Flying Machine & Propeller Knight Boss Fight + Bonus Level: Frigid Flight
- Stage 9: Stranded Ship & Polar Knight Boss Fight
- Stage 10: Clockwork Tower & Tinker Knight Boss Fight
- Stage 11: “Tower of Fate: Entrance” & Black Knight Boss Fight (Round 3)
- Stage 12: “Tower of Fate: Ascent” & The Order of No Quarter Boss Fight
- Stage 13: “Tower of Fate: The Enchantress” Final Boss Fight & Ending
Index of Shovel Knight Guides:
- This Page: Shovel Knight Walkthrough
- Next Page: Shovel Knight Cheats
- Next Page: Shovel Knight Achievements Guide
Shovel Knight Walkthrough
Shovel Knight is a hot mashup of new and old! You play as the eponymous Shovel Knight, a small knight with a huge quest. Shovel Knight has come to this land with two goals: to defeat the evil Enchantress and quest for his lost beloved. He wields a Shovel Blade: a multipurpose weapon whose techniques have now been lost to the ages. Always honest and helpful, Shovel Knight is a shining example of the code of Shovelry: Slash Mercilessly and Dig Tirelessly!
But, between Shovel Knight and his beloved stands a cadre of villainous knights. These terrible foes, known as The Order of No Quarter, have been dispatched to prevent Shovel Knight from reaching the Enchantress, and will pursue their mission at any cost. If you love games with perfect platforming, beautiful art, infectious music, crazy bosses, humor and levity, and real heart… Shovel Knight is for you!
Key Game Features:
- Shovel Knight’s beautifully authentic style bridges the gap between yesterday and today. Design, art, and audio hearken back to the days of 8-bit.
- The systems of today also give Shovel Knight modern touches: detailed animation, multilayered parallax backgrounds, and evolved game design.
- Perfect your platforming skills as you take down each of the knights of the Order of No Quarter.
- Flip enemies! Leap over gaps! Duel with foes! Dig up treasure! Find Secrets! Upgrade! Shovel Knight is simple to learn and play, but challenge lies everywhere.
- Awesome soundtrack by Jake “Virt” Kaufman with additional songs by Manami Matsumae of Mega Man music fame!
- Master an array of magical Relic subweapons.
- Amass riches to upgrade your armor and weapons.
- Detailed, living background and animation! Big, beautiful pixels!
- Crazy bosses and lovable characters.
- Balanced gameplay is a warm welcome to newcomers, and an old embrace for experts.
- A light touch to narrative with humor, levity, and heart.
- Overworld Map allows your quest unfold in a unique order!
Shovel Knight System Requirements:
• Minimum PC Specs:
OS: Windows XP SP2
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.1 ghz or equivalent
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: 2nd Generation Intel Core HD Graphics (2000/3000), 256MB
DirectX: Version 9.0
Hard Drive: 200 MB available space
Welcome to the Shovel Knight walkthrough! Kwing & Amber will be your voice-over commentators showing you around the game’s levels.
Sharpen Thy Shovel. After the first The Plains level with the Black Knight boss battle, you get taken on a tour of the Village.
Tip: Destroying the checkpoint’s hourglass may mean you’ll gain one large pink diamond each time, but it also results in you losing the save location (yes, you’ll lose each checkpoint you destroy).
Money Bags Protip: The checkpoint system is nice and all, but it doesn’t help you recollect any floating money bags you lost whenever you die in a bottomless pit. For those situations you can whip out your Fishing Rod to drop a line down the bottomless pit where you fell to your death and it will help you recover your money again!
Let’s get shoveling in the Lair of King Knight. After this second level with the King Knight boss battle, you should explore the Village further to get Upgrades.
Tip: After Shovel Knight’s dream sequence is over and he wakes up, be sure to dig up your bonfire dirt to gain treasure.
Trick: Buy the Chaos Ball weapon as early as possible. This weapon is incredibly strong against most enemies and even some bosses, like this level’s early-game King Knight boss fight.
Ready, set, go! …into the undead Lair of Specter Knight. Then head to the Forest of Phasing for a bonus level.
Hint: Whenever you find a Meal Ticket in a treasure chest, visit the Gastronomer in the Village to Upgrade your Health!
It’s time for you to dig in! After entering the Lair of Plague Knight for the boss battle, go to Mona’s Mini-Game Madness.
Trick: The Explodatorium is the weapon hidden in this Plague Knight’s level. To get it you’ll need to possess the weapon from the Propeller Knight’s stage. Equipping this will make the jump at the start of the Explodatorium easier with the new horizontal dash move. (The ghost enemies make trying it any other way very difficult.)
Strike the earth and face off in the Treasure Knight boss battle, plus an encounter with “BAZ Knight” and Mr. Hat!
Tip: Once you get it, it’s wise to equip the Phase Locket at all times. You may need its quick invulnerability ability to pass by a troublesome enemy that pops up anywhere or avoid enemies that you cannot reach but can still hit you with ranged attacks.
Shovel Knight Walkthrough continues on Page 2 with Stage 6: Lost City.
Tags: Shovel Knight