The E3 2014 Nintendo Press Conference broadcast aired today, has revealed brand new information about Nintendo’s game lineup. Nintendo’s E3 2014 keynote conference started online-only as a Digital Event on June 10th at 9:00AM PDT / 12:00PM EDT / 5:00PM GMT and lasted 40 minutes. What follows is a bulletpoints roundup.
It started with the expected games: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U & 3DS, Yoshi’s Woolly World, The Legend of Zelda Wii U, Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, Bayonetta 2, Hyrule Warriors, and Xenoblade Chronicles X.
New surprise reveals this year were: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, Mario Maker, Splatoon, StarFox Wii U, and Mario Party 10.
Watch The Latest Gaming News:
Here’s the full E3 2014 Nintendo broadcast video:
E3 2014 Nintendo Press Conference Roundup:
- The Nintendo conference starts with Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. It’s introduced with Nintendo execs fighting an epic battle, which switches from live-action to in-game, as the new Mii Fighter character; it comes in three variaties, namely Mii Brawler, Mii Swordfighter & Mii Gunner (36 special moves in total, similar to 9 regular characters) and you can name each Mii so it’s introduced on-screen as your favorite named person. (Pac-Man was confirmed playable later in the day!) The Super Smash Bros. 3DS version is coming first, October 3rd, 2014. Wii U version set for the Holiday 2014. NFC figures called Amiibo you can put down on the Wii U GamePad for it to appear in-game; works with Smash Bros, Mario Kart 8, Mario Party 10, Captain Toad & Yoshi’s Woolly World & others. — Later in the Digital Event, an anime clip shows Kid Icarus battling Link when Palutena suddenly shows up. Palutena joins the Super Smash Bros. fight. Dark Pit from Kid Icarus teased too?
- Nintendo & Good Feel announce Yoshi’s Woolly World for Wii U (renamed from Yarn Yoshi). Strands of yarn are the basis for the 2D action-platformer game. 2-player mode added for co-op gameplay, handy for tough levels. Coming in 2015.
- Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker announced for Wii U. Looks like Super Mario Galaxy 3 starring only Toad on an adventure. Coming Holiday 2014.
- The Legend of Zelda Wii U finally shown off. Complete open world where you can go everywhere without bordered areas. Link battles a laser-shooting Octorock. Coming in 2015.
- Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire gameplay trailer shows the 3DS remakes now look exactly like Pokemon X & Y. Coming November 21, 2014.
- Bayonetta 2 gameplay trailer shows off new enemies and big chase sequences. Includes the original Bayonetta game! Link, Princess Zelda & Metroid costumes included. Coming in October 2014.
- Hyrule Warriors shows its Dynasty Warriors roots. Link, Zelda, Impa, and Midna are all playable. 2-player mode needs no split-screen as the second player gets his/her own screen on the Wii U GamePad. Coming in September 26, 2014.
- Kirby and the Rainbow Curse announced for Wii U. Sequel to Kirby: Canvas Curse aka Kirby: Power Paintbrush DS game. Clay-looking graphics! Coming in 2015.
- Epic JRPG from Monolith finally gets a name, it’s called Xenoblade Chronicles X. New gameplay trailer shows the story and action. Coming exclusively to Wii U in 2015.
- Mario Maker announced for Wii U. Allows you to make your own custom Super Mario Bros. levels. Visual style can be switched between 8-bit Super Mario Bros. & New Super Mario Bros. U. Coming in 2015.
- New IP called Splatoon announced for Wii U. 4 VS 4 online action shooter game. Switch between playing as a squid and a person on land VS ink surfaces. Enemy ink stops your fast surface, and you can hide in your own ink. Super fast traveling via the ink sprayed surfaces, and use your paintball ink gun on dry surfaces. Fast travel via the Wii U GamePad, which shows the game’s map at all times. Coming in 2015.
- StarFox Wii U gets shown by Shigeru Miyamoto. Uses the Wii U GamePad motion controls for your spaceship. Coming in the last half of 2015.
- Mario Party 10 announced for Wii U at the E3 showfloor. Starring Bowser. Coming in 2015.
- Mario VS. Donkey Kong for Wii U has been announced at the showfloor as well. Coming in 2015.
- Art Academy for Wii U sequel will (instead of only sketching) give you lessons to get better at drawing! Coming in October 2014.
- Code Name: STEAM has been announced for 3DS at the third day of E3 2014. Turn-Based Action Strategy from the Fire Emblem team at Intelligent Systems. Coming in 2015.
What’s your favorite E3 2014 Nintendo announcement?
Index of E3 2014 Pages:
- This Page: E3 2014 Nintendo Press Conference Roundup
- Next Page: E3 2014 Sony Press Conference Roundup
- Next Page: E3 2014 Microsoft Press Conference Roundup
- Next Page: E3 2014 Ubisoft Press Conference Roundup
- Next Page: E3 2014 EA Press Conference Roundup
- Next Page: E3 2014 Games List
- Next Page: E3 2014 Live Stream
- Next Page: E3 2014 Schedule
- Next Page: E3 2014 Dates
- Next Page: Top 10 Most Anticipated Games of E3 2014
Tags: Bayonetta 2, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Hyrule Warriors, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, Mario Maker, Mario Party 10, Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, Pokemon Omega Ruby, Splatoon, StarFox Wii U, Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, The Legend of Zelda Wii U, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Yoshi's Woolly World