Welcome to the Watch Dogs City Hotspots locations guide that helps you find the total of 100 City Hotspots locations for the PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PC & Wii U action-adventure game. This guide will especially help anyone who is stuck at 99/100 Hotspots to find the final Hotspot on the map!
Finding all 100 City Hotspot locations and checking into them will help unlock the following Achievement / Trophy:
* “Geolocated” (30 Gamerscore / Silver Trophy) — Check in at every Hotspot.
* Bonus: By checking into City Hotspots, you’ll see lots of beautiful landmarks. For finding them all you’ll receive gifts as well as earn badges for your username/gamertag.
Watch The Latest Gaming News:
The overview for all these in-game City Hotspots locations is shown below.
Index of Watch Dogs Guides:
- This Page: Watch Dogs City Hotspots Locations Guide
- Next Page: Watch Dogs QR Codes Locations Guide
- Next Page: Watch Dogs ctOS Towers Locations Guide
- Next Page: Watch Dogs Missing Persons Locations Guide
- Next Page: Watch Dogs Burner Phones Locations Guide
- Next Page: Watch Dogs Weapons Trade Shipping Crates Locations Guide
- Next Page: Watch Dogs ctOS Breaches Locations Guide
- Next Page: Watch Dogs Human Traffic Buyer Briefcases Locations Guide
- Next Page: Watch Dogs SongSneak Songs Locations Guide
- Next Page: Watch Dogs Privacy Invasions Locations Guide
- Next Page: Watch Dogs Collectibles
- Next Page: Watch Dogs Walkthrough
- Next Page: Watch Dogs Cheats
- Next Page: Watch Dogs Achievements Guide
- Next Page: Watch Dogs Trophies Guide
- Next Page: Watch Dogs Easter Eggs
- Next Page: Watch Dogs Glitches
- Next Page: Watch Dogs Endings Guide
- Next Page: Watch Dogs Tips and Tricks
- Next Page: Watch Dogs Money Cheat
- For Fun: Watch Dogs Wallpapers
Watch Dogs City Hotspots
How to unlock City Hotspots?: Once you have hacked into the 13 ctOS Towers you’ve opened up the whole map and can go after the marked City Hotspot landmarks right away. All parts of the city are available from the start of the game after you beat the prologue and then enter free roam.
The City Hotspots App is a tourist app that allows you to check in at City Hotspots. Discover history and information about the city of Chicago. Earn badges, pick up gifts left there, or leave gifts for other players. And if you do the most check-ins in a specific spot over a 7-day period, you’ll become its Mayor; but note that you must wait one hour before checking in again to become Mayor or claim badges.
How to find missing City Hotspots?: To access City Hotspots you’ll have to look at your world map for recommended in-game locations to travel to. To check in to all the landmarks in Watch Dogs, look at your world map where they show up as Little “V” Ticks. Once you get to the on the map marked Hotspot, you get an on-screen message saying “New City Hotspot nearby. Press up on the Directional-Pad to Check In.” and alternatively you can check in by walking up to the brown “V” Tick plaque on the wall and interacting with it. Each time you check in to a landmark, the Hotspot gets added to your current count out of the 100 you can visit in total.
Tip: None of the City Hotspots are missable and you can still get them in free roam after beating the story.
Does the game save each City Hotspot you hack?: Yes, the game will automatically save the City Hotspots you just visited if you checked in to the location — when the on-screen counter confirms it by opening up to show how many you’ve found so far — so you don’t have to play to the end of a mission if you’re in one. After logging into a Hotspot location you can safely quit the mission without losing unlock progress, but obviously you should wait for the auto-saving icon to stop loading and disappear. And if you’re even more worried about losing collectibles progress, you should always save the game before you shut it down by going to sleep in any of your Hideouts.
Where to find all City Hotspots in Watch Dogs? The in-game collectibles locations for the City Hotspots are described in this detailed video guide.
The City Hotspots are listed in the video in the normal order that they can be unlocked per District.
PROTIPS: Are you stuck at 99 City Hotspots? Here’s a tip to find #100! A Lighthouse way off the island is one of the places almost no one thinks to look for a City Hotspot at. Take a boat to the Lighthouse mini-island and once you get to the pier there, you’ll be asked to login to this (likely) final City Hotspot!
Additionally, sometimes one Hotspot icon will be hidden underneat another one on your map. To make only the Hotspots you have NOT yet visited show up on your map, press up on the Directional-Pad to access your smartphone, and open the City Hotspots app. In the app press the left or right shoulder button to select the not-visited Hotspots to be displayed.
Alternately, you might try and find more hidden underneath icons such as A) In Parker Square east side under a criminal convoy icon; or B) In The Loop zoomed in near Lasalle Station under a gang hideout icon.
The below video guide shows how to get to the 100th City Hotspot! 😀
• City Hotspot Locations found in the “Parker Square” District:
• City Hotspot Locations found in the “Mad Mile” District:
• City Hotspot Locations found in “The Loop” District:
• City Hotspot Locations found in the “Brandon Docks” District:
• City Hotspot Locations found in “The Wards” District:
• City Hotspot Locations found in the “Pawnee” District:
There you go! All City Hotspots in Watch Dogs are yours to find! 🙂
Please comment if you have any additional Watch Dogs City Hotspots location tips of your own, we’ll give you credit for it. – Thanks for visiting!
Tags: Watch Dogs