The Monument Valley walkthrough will guide you through the beginning to ending moments of gameplay with strategy tips and puzzle solutions for this puzzle game on Apple iOS & Android.
Monument Valley is a surreal exploration through fantastical architecture and impossible geometry. Guide the silent Princess Ida through mysterious monuments, uncovering hidden paths, taking advantage of optical illusions and outsmarting the enigmatic Crow People.
Let’s start the Monument Valley walkthrough with an introduction video!
Index of Monument Valley Guides:
- This Page: Monument Valley Walkthrough
- Next Page: Monument Valley Cheats
Monument Valley is available for $3.99 / €3,59 / £2.49 from the App Store on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch (iPad 2 / iPhone 4 minimum requirement). An Android version will follow soon in April 2014.
Monument Valley Walkthrough
Welcome to the Monument Valley walkthrough!
Inspired by the art of M.C. Escher, Japanese prints and minimalist 3D design, each level is a unique, hand-crafted combination of puzzle, graphic design and architecture. Like listening to an album or walking through a museum for the first time, Monument Valley is about discovery, perception and meaningful beauty.
Monument Valley introduces new game mechanics subtly, allowing players intuitively to discover their abilities and the rules of the world. Balancing difficulty and delight, the developers want as many players as possible to complete the game and see Ida’s quest through to the end.
Players interact directly with the architecture of Monument Valley, twisting and dragging to reshape the world to help Ida to explore. As you manipulate the environment the audio reacts to provide a atmospheric and beautiful soundscape.
Every screen of Monument Valley has been carefully considered as graphic design, so that each one could be printed and framed. Players can enter ‘Camera Mode’ to zoom in and compose their own take on the artwork, which they can then save or share with friends.
Neil McFarland, director of games at ustwogames says, “We’ve focused our attention on the design of game alongside a lot of user testing, and we really hope Monument Valley is what people are looking for right now – a premium game of the highest artistic quality offering players a satisfying journey from start to end.”
Key Game Features:
- BEAUTIFUL — Inspired by minimalist 3D design, optical illusions and palaces and temples from around the world, every monument is a unique, hand-crafted world to explore.
- EASY TO USE — Twist and drag to reshape the world and help Ida to explore. Designed to be easy for everyone to pick up, enjoy and complete.
- SOUND — Audio reacts to your manipulation of the world to provide a surreal and beautiful soundscape. Best experienced with headphones.
- ICLOUD — Synchronize your game across all your devices.
Timeline in minutes for the video walkthrough of all 10 Chapters:
• 0:00 — Chapter 1: Tutorial
• 0:32 — Chapter 2: The Garden
• 1:29 — Chapter 3: Hidden Temple
• 3:57 — Chapter 4: Water Palace
• 7:11 — Chapter 5: The Spire
• 10:48 — Chapter 6: The Labyrinth
• 15:16 — Chapter 7: The Rookery
• 18:45 — Chapter 8: The Box
• 22:30 — Chapter 9: The Descent
• 27:57 — Chapter 10: Observatory
Note: More levels will be added to the game for free through a future version update!
Do you need help anywhere? Please don’t hesitate to ask in the comments section below. We’re here to help out!