Our The Banner Saga walkthrough will guide you through the beginning to ending moments of gameplay with strategy tips for this tactical RPG on the PC, Mac and soon Xbox 360, PS3 & iOS.
The Banner Saga, an epic Viking RPG game where your choice in travel, conversation and combat determines the outcome of your own personal story as well as the survival of an entire civilization. Immerse yourself in a world brought to life by stunning 2D animation and art, a unique tactical combat system and a cast of unforgettable characters.
Let’s start the The Banner Saga walkthrough with an introduction video!
Table of Contents
- Intro: Tutorials
- Chapter 1: Only The Sun Has Stopped
- Chapter 2: Cut With Keen-Edged Sword
- Chapter 3: Little Did They Sleep
- Chapter 4: Lest They Not Come Home
Index of The Banner Saga Guides:
- This Page: The Banner Saga Walkthrough
- Next Page: The Banner Saga Cheats
The Banner Saga Walkthrough
Live through an epic role-playing Viking saga where your strategic choices directly affect your personal journey. Make allies as you travel with your caravan across this stunning yet harsh landscape. Carefully choose those who will help fight a new threat that jeopardizes an entire civilization. Every decision you make in travel, conversation and combat has a meaningful effect on the outcome as your story unfolds. Not everyone will survive, but they will be remembered.
Key Game Features:
- Player choice that drives your own narrative – every decision you make in travel, conversation and combat has a meaningful effect on the outcome as your story unfolds.
- Over 25 playable characters from 2 different races, human and varl, the horned giants – embark on your epic journey with a variety of characters from 7 different classes, each with unique abilities and upgrade options to fit your play style.
- Strategic combat with consequences – victory or defeat and even the permanent loss of a character depends on which characters you choose to take into battle and what decisions you make afterwards.
- The journey is as important as battle – your role in building and managing your caravan as you travel the vast frozen landscape is critical to not only your own survival but the survival of an entire civilization.
- An epic Viking saga brought to life in 2D glory – beautifully hand drawn combat sequences and animations, accompanied by an evocative score from Grammy-nominated composer Austin Wintory, will immerse you into a fantasy realm inspired by Norse mythology.
- Multiplayer Combat Enhanced – sharpen your combat skills in the free multiplayer game “Factions”. Compete against other players with many of the character classes you see in The Banner Saga.
Part 1 is a rough guide to Combat.
This first tutorial covers the basics that someone new to the game needs to consider when preparing for battle, and the tactics they need to think about while in the heat of combat. It includes a useful overview of the hero stats a player should keep an eye on as well as a focus on how ‘willpower’ can also be used strategically to boost various actions in combat to take out an enemy. Watch it to find out more.
Part 2 is a rough guide to Travel.
The second tutorial summarizes the key attributes you’ll need to take into consideration when deciding the travel strategy during your journey in the game. The tutorial explains how managing morale, supplies and population can greatly affect your personal experience, as well as each other. Watch the video guide to find out more.
Welcome to the The Banner Saga walkthrough! Rangris will be your guide showing you around the game’s areas.
Part 2 of Chapter 1:
The conclusion to Chapter 1 is shown at the start of the next chapter.
Lots of battles here, some battles are quite challenging even on normal difficulty mode.
Part 2 of Chapter 2:
The ending of Chapter 2 is shown at the top of the next page.
The Banner Saga Walkthrough continues on Page 2 with Chapter 3: Little Did They Sleep.
Tags: The Banner Saga