Our Super Mario 3D World walkthrough will guide you through the beginning to ending moments of gameplay with strategy tips for this platformer on the Wii U.
Super Mario 3D World is the latest entry in the series of 3D Mario action games. Like Super Mario 3D Land before it, this game is fun and accessible to all – anyone can play!
Super Mario 3D World supports multiplayer with up to four players – in addition to Mario, Luigi and Toad, you can now play as Princess Peach & Rosalina too! The fun, chaotic multiplayer mode is a new way for players to enjoy 3D Mario games, as the four players help (or hinder!) each other through the game. Super Mario 3D World also includes a new power-up, Cat Mario. This form brings with it new abilities, such as climbing walls and attacking enemies with your claws.
Let’s start the Super Mario 3D World walkthrough with an introduction video!
Suitable for viewers age 3 and up. This game includes Mild Cartoon Violence.
Table of Contents
- World 1
- World 2
- World 3
- World 4
- World 5
- World 6
- World 7 / World Castle
- World 8 / World Bowser
- World 9 / World Star
- World 10 / World Mushroom
- World 11 / World Flower
- World 12 / World Crown
Index of Super Mario 3D World Guides:
- This Page: Super Mario 3D World Walkthrough
- Next Page: Super Mario 3D World Green Stars Locations Guide
- Next Page: Super Mario 3D World Stamps Locations Guide
- Next Page: Super Mario 3D World Cheats
- Next Page: Super Mario 3D World Easter Eggs
- Next Page: Super Mario 3D World Glitches
Super Mario 3D World Walkthrough
Leap into the first multiplayer Mario platformer set in a 3D world! Play as Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, and Toad—each with their own special skills—in the all-new Sprixie Kingdom. Scamper up walls with the new cat power-up to find secrets or pounce from above to claw enemies. Enjoy a solo romp or add friends on the fly for instant Mario multiplayer* magic!
Freely roam the world map and each sprawling stage alone or team up with friends to find hidden stars while competing to take the crown for most coins and points found. Tap the Wii U GamePad controller’s touch screen to freeze enemies and reveal invisible secrets. Or, use the GamePad for off-TV play while tilting it to spot hidden nooks and crannies with the moveable camera. All this and more makes Mario’s world deeper than ever. Jump on in!
Key Game Features:
- The first multiplayer Mario platformer set in a 3D world.
- Play as Mario, Luigi, Peach, Toad or Rosalina and master their special talents.
- Cat Mario can climb high to find secrets, pounce from above, and claw enemies.
- Play off-TV on the Wii U GamePad or touch its screen to freeze enemies and reveal invisible objects.
How The World Map Is Split Up:
- Standard Level: These feature platforms, enemies, and various obstacles for you to overcome. At the end of every level, there is a Flag Pole for you to lower. Each level features around three Green Stars and a single Stamp for you to collect. The Green Star that sits atop the Flag Pole outside the level signifies you’ve collected all the Green Stars in that level. And the Golden Flag means that you’ve reached the top of the Flag Pole at the end of the level.
- Boss Levels: These are almost always at the end of every World and are required to complete in order for you to progress. Once the boss if defeated, you rescue a Sprixie who will give you Stamps and other items periodically throughout the game.
- Enemy Blockades: Enemies block your path throughout the game, forcing you to defeat them. These guys are normally a bit tougher than you regular baddie, so you get a Green Star once you kill them.
- Captain Toad Levels: These mazes let you take control of the Toad Brigade Captain. You navigate through a small, puzzle-like level where you goal is to collect Green Stars. The main trick here is that Captain Toad cannot jump, forcing you to heavily rely on the camera in order to see hidden passages and ramps.
- Mystery Boxes: Another returning element from 3D Land, except they’re drastically different this time around. Instead of a single, 10 second challenge to complete, there’s now multiple challenges within one box. Another new change is that they aren’t gathered through Streetpass and now stay stationary on the World Map, just like any regular old level.
- Toad Houses: You walk inside and collect a Power Up. Nothing much else to say about them.
What The Characters Skills Are:
- Mario: The Mushroom Kingdom’s greatest hero! The balanced character.
- Luigi: The hero’s brother! Awesome in his own right. Has a higher jump.
- Princess Peach: The fair ruler of the Mushroom Kingdom. Usually the damsel in distress, but now the heroine. Ability to float.
- Toad: One of the humble servants to the Princess. Runs really fast — good for speed runs!
- Captain Toad: Leader of the Toad Brigade, better known from the Mario Galaxy games. Has his own specially-designed levels.
- Rosalina: Watches over the Lumas in the Comet Observatory. Her special move is the Spin Attack, which also helps her float longer. — Unlocked by completing “World Star-2: Super Galaxy”.
Welcome to the Super Mario 3D World walkthrough! Tilmen will be your guide showing you around the game’s levels.
Story: “On a starry night in the Mushroom Kingdom, Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, and Blue Toad take a walk outside of Princess Peach’s Castle when they discover a slanted Clear Pipe along the path. Mario and Luigi fix the Clear Pipe with hammers and wrenches, and the Sprixie Princess, a green fairy-like creature, pops out in front of them and starts to frantically ask for help. Suddenly, Bowser, who emerges from the pipe; finds the Sprixie Princess and captures her inside a bottle before disappearing back down the pipe with her. Mario and the group enter the pipe to pursue Bowser. They end up in the Sprixie Kingdom, where the journey mainly takes place.”
Let’s walk you through this first World, the Grass World.
The second World brings a familiar Desert World theme.
The third World is an ice-cold Snow World.
The fourth World is the Mountain World.
The fifth World might as well be named Beach World.
Super Mario 3D World Walkthrough continues on Page 2 with World 6.