The Assassin’s Creed 4 achievements guide lists every achievement for this Xbox 360, Xbox One & PC action-adventure game and tells you how to get and unlock them.
There are 50 Achievements (5 Secret) with a total of 1,000 Gamerscore points to earn in the Xbox 360, Xbox One and PC versions.
Index of Assassin’s Creed 4 Guides:
- This Page: Assassin’s Creed 4 Achievements Guide
- Next Page: Assassin’s Creed 4 Walkthrough
- Next Page: Assassin’s Creed 4 Cheats
- Next Page: Assassin’s Creed 4 Outfits: How To Unlock
- Next Page: Assassin’s Creed 4 Weapons Guide
- Next Page: Assassin’s Creed 4 Mayan Stela Locations Guide
- Next Page: Assassin’s Creed 4 Collectibles
- Next Page: Assassin’s Creed 4 Multiplayer Characters: How To Unlock
- Next Page: Assassin’s Creed 4 Easter Eggs
- Next Page: Assassin’s Creed 4 Money Cheat
- Next Page: Assassin’s Creed 4 Trophies Guide
Assassin’s Creed 4 Achievements Guide
1. Heroes Aren’t Born (10G) — Complete memory sequence 1.
2. Good While It Lasted (20G) — Complete memory sequence 2.
3. A Pirate’s Life For Me (20G) — Complete memory sequence 3.
4. No Apologies (20G) — Complete memory sequence 4.
5. Death Of A Salesman (20G) — Complete memory sequence 5.
6. Mixing Up The Medicines (20G) — Complete memory sequence 6.
7. The Hammer Falls (20G) — Complete memory sequence 7.
8. Adrift (20G) — Complete memory sequence 8.
9. A New Hope (20G) — Complete memory sequence 9.
10. My Elusive Fortune (20G) — Complete memory sequence 10.
11. Been Down So Long… (20G) — Complete memory sequence 11.
12. Just Like Starting Over (20G) — Complete memory sequence 12.
13. Saw That One Coming… (50G) — Complete memory sequence 13.
14. By The Book (50G) — Complete 100% of all main mission constraints.
15. Silence, Fool! (5G) — Kill a guard ringing a bell.
Location: This can be done wherever a warehouse is. Warehouses are at farms and have a restricted area around them (shown with red color on world map). They will be marked on your map if you synchronize viewpoints. One can be found in Nassau, at coordinates: 633, 784.
Once you enter the restricted area you should see the alarm bell on your HUD. Get noticed by an enemy and wait for him to ring to the bell. Quickly kill him with a melee attack when he starts ringing the bell to unlock this achievement.
You can also do this at warehouses that have already been looted. The enemies will respawn after a while.
16. Owned (10G) — Complete every activity in a single location.
Location: A great place to do this is the island called “Florida” at coordinates 409,815.
When you scroll over an island on the world map, you can see which activities it has to offer. That’s usually just some collectibles and viewpoints. Luckily, Florida has very few of them. Synchronize the viewpoint, collect the two animus fragments, open the treasure chest, and pick up the bottle message to unlock this achievement.
17. Vault Raider (30G) — Unlock the secret door in Tulum.
18. Killer Killer (10G) — Harpoon a killer whale.
Location: Killer whales can be found in the ocean part named “Cruz”.
First off, you should capture the fort of this area to see the killer whale symbol on your map. The fishing locations can vary, so check your map. Also upgrade the harpooning statistic of your ship by upgrading the harpoon strength and harpoon storage.
Fishing locations are highlighted on the ocean when you get close. Interact with one of these spots to start fishing. Defend your boat and keep throwing harpoons at the whale until it dies.
19. Help A Brother Out (20G) — Complete a Templar Hunt sequence.
The following video guide shows how completing a Templar Hunt works. Covered is “The Maroon Assassin” Templar Hunt on Kingston.
20. Sea Legs (30G) — Complete all naval contracts.
21. King Of The Castle (30G) — Capture all forts.
22. Employee Of The Month (30G) — Complete 25 Abstergo challenges.
This next video guide shows how completing Abstergo Challenges works.
23. Business And Pleasure (20G) — Earn 50,000 reales.
24. Mer-man (10G) — Swim a total of 1 nmi.
Swim one nautical mile in the sea. You can achieve this either through normal gameplay or choose to swim for a while in a straight line or circle.
25. Redingote Up! (10G) — Craft the Hunter outfit.
Go to any general store and buy the red howler monkey skin (5,000R) & white jaguar pelt (6,000R). Now open up the crafting menu, scroll to the very bottom and choose to craft this outfit.
Short on money? The locations of the needed 1 Red Howler Monkey & 1 White Jaguar can be found anywhere on the map where there is a Howler Monkey or Jaguar symbol, although they are extremely rare. Monkeys can be brought down from trees by shooting them with a sleep dart.
26. Thug Life (30G) — Plunder 30 ships.
27. Devil Of The Caribbean (40G) — Defeat all 4 legendary ships.
28. Destroyer (40G) — Fully upgrade the Jackdaw.
29. Seven Deadly Seas (10G) — Explore all underwater shipwrecks.
30. Barfly (30G) — Unlock all taverns.
There are a total of 8 taverns that need to be unlocked. You simply walk up to the barkeeper, watch a short cutscene and beat up the bandits. You can see the taverns on your map if you synchronize the viewpoints for the respective area.
The tavern locations and their coordinates are:
#1 – Andreas Island (573,720) – 0:05
#2 – Salt Key Bank (496, 629) – 0:27
#3 – Crooked Island (808, 545) – 0:46
#4 – Arroyos (192, 565) – 1:06
#5 – Corozal (37, 266) – 1:25
#6 – Grand Cayman (392, 325) – 1:42
#7 – Kingston (623, 172) – 2:00
#8 – Ile à Vache (839, 137) – 2:20
31. Cannon Fodder (5G) — Recruit 500 crew members.
32. FTFY (10G) — Fully upgrade your hideout.
33. Cartographer (20G) — Visit every location of the game.
34. Ghost In The Machine (10G) — Hack 15 computers in Abstergo Entertainment.
Here’s a video guide that shows where the 15 computers are that you can hack at Abstergo Evil Inc.
35. Roped In (10G) — Perform 5 air assassinations from a swinging rope.
Location: This can be done as early as in Sequence 3.
Attack & board some ships at sea, and do your thing from the rope as you swing aboard. Then as the rope is let loose keep tapping the hidden blade attack button to perform an air assassination before you land. Now do this five times.
36. Sharing Is Caring (10G) — Share each type of discovery with friends once.
37. All Aboard! (30G) — Board a ship without losing any crew members.
Location: Can be done in Sequence 3 when you’re plundering for metal cargo, but it works on any ship Memory.
Damage an enemy ship enough so it doesn’t sink. Then board one of the smaller ships with only around 5 to 10 crew on it, since they can be easily defeated. The trick here is to kill as many enemies before your ship is close enough to the other ship that your crew starts boarding on their own, so while the enemy ship is being pulled in closer you have to grab a swivel mini-cannon and take out as many enemies as you can.
38. Siren Song (20G) — Rescue pirate hostages by distracting enemies with “dancers.”
To do this you must let some of your crew members die. Just board an enemy ship and sit back while your crew does the fighting. Many will die. After that, head to Kingston and go to coordinates 623,172. There is a restricted area where two enemies are aiming at captured pirates. You can hire some dancers nearby, just up the street. Send the dancers to these two enemies and once they are distracted sneak behind their backs and free the pirates.
If this event does not appear (despite having lost a lot of your own crew), then fast travel to another island and come back later.
39. Wild West Indies (20G) — Kill 4 enemies in a row using multi-pistols.
Craft all the upgrades for your pistol holster, to be able to carry 4 pistols (max). Make sure you have fully reloaded your guns before an enemy battle (and equipped). Walk up to a group of at least 4 enemies with the pistols selected in your weapon wheel and press the Y button on your Xbox 360 controller without aiming manually. Each shot should kill an enemy.
40. Excavator (10G) — Find a buried treasure.
To find a buried treasure you must first obtain a treasure map. One of these maps can easily be found on Mariguana Island, at the coordinates 878, 539. Go pick it up and you will be shown a picture and the coordinates of a treasure. This particular treasure can be found on Andreas Island, at the coordinates 575, 717.
To unlock the locations of other treasure maps, you can talk to the barkeepers of taverns or just explore the world and synchronize viewpoints.
41. Committed To The Cause (20G) — Reach level 55 in Multiplayer.
42. Personal Bag Of Tricks (10G) — Finish a game session with an ability set that you customized in Multiplayer.
43. Master Of The Caribbean (20G) — Complete the Discovery Mode of Wolfpack in Multiplayer.
44. Lab Technician (10G) — Play and complete a game session of Game Lab in the Multiplayer Public playlist.
45. All Rounder (20G) — Play on every game mode, and use every ability and ranged weapon once in Multiplayer.
46. Routine Hacking (20G) — Complete present day mission 2.
47. Getting Weird Around Here (20G) — Complete present day mission 3.
48. Bunker Buddies (20G) — Complete present day mission 4.
49. It’s All Good (20G) — Complete present day mission 5.
50. Hungover (10G) — Wake up in a haystack.
Location: The first tavern you encounter can be found in Nassau or Havannah.
Walk up to the bar and interact with the bottle to start drinking. If you drink 5 rums or more at a tavern you’re bound to pass out and wind up in a haystack.
Please comment if you have any Assassin’s Creed 4 achievement unlock tips of your own. Kudos will be given. – Thanks for visiting!