The Grand Theft Auto 5 achievements guide lists every achievement for this Xbox 360 open world action-adventure game and tells you how to get and unlock them.
There are 49 Achievements (11 Secret) with a total of 1,000 Gamerscore points to earn in the Xbox 360 version.
Watch The Latest Gaming News:
Index of Grand Theft Auto 5 Guides:
- This Page: Grand Theft Auto 5 Achievements Guide
- Next Page: Grand Theft Auto 5 Spaceship Parts Locations Guide
- Next Page: Grand Theft Auto 5 Letter Scraps Locations Guide
- Next Page: Grand Theft Auto 5 Stunt Jumps Locations Guide
- Next Page: Grand Theft Auto 5 Nuclear Waste Locations Guide
- Next Page: Grand Theft Auto 5 Hidden Packages Locations Guide
- Next Page: Grand Theft Auto 5 Submarine Parts Locations Guide
- Next Page: Grand Theft Auto 5 Under the Bridge Locations Guide
- Next Page: Grand Theft Auto 5 Knife Flights Locations Guide
- Next Page: Grand Theft Auto 5 Collectibles
- Next Page: Grand Theft Auto 5 Weapons Guide
- Next Page: Grand Theft Auto 5 Vehicles Guide
- Next Page: Grand Theft Auto 5 Walkthrough
- Next Page: Grand Theft Auto 5 Cheats
- Next Page: Grand Theft Auto 5 Money Cheats
- Next Page: Grand Theft Auto 5 Easter Eggs
- Next Page: Grand Theft Auto 5 Glitches
- Next Page: Grand Theft Auto 5 Map
- Next Page: Grand Theft Auto 5 Endings Guide
- Next Page: Grand Theft Auto 5 Trophies Guide
- For Fun: Grand Theft Auto 5 Soundtrack
- For Fun: Grand Theft Auto 5 Wallpaper
Grand Theft Auto 5 Achievements Guide
1. Solid Gold, Baby! (50G) — Earn any 70 Gold Medals on Missions, Strangers and Freaks.
2. Career Criminal (100G) — Attain 100% Game Completion.
3. San Andreas Sightseer (30G) — Explore all of Los Santos and Blaine County
4. All’s Fare in Love and War (10G) — Purchase Downtown Cab Co. and complete a private fare.
To start, you’ll need to spawn as Franklin and buy the “Downtown Cab & Co.” business for $200,000. The ability to buy property and the money will come through natural progression.
Next, you’ll want to get into one of the taxis, and drive around until you receive a call on your cellphone, from your boss asking you if you’d like to work on a “Private Fare” to earn some extra money. This call is unique because it happens on your cellphone and NOT through the dispatcher. Accept the request on the cellphone, and then complete the “Private Fare” mission which will be marked on your map. After completing the short mission, you will get some money and also unlock this achievement!
5. TP Industries Arms Race (10G) — Purchase McKenzie Field Hangar and win the arms race.
6. Multi-Disciplined (30G) — Attain a gold medal in all applicable hobbies and pastimes.
7. From Beyond the Stars (15G) — Collect and return all spaceship parts.
Tip: To find all 50, check out our Grand Theft Auto 5 Spaceship Parts Locations Guide.
8. A Mystery, Solved (15G) — Solve the mystery of Leonora Johnson.
Tip: To find all 50 clues, check out our Grand Theft Auto 5 Letter Scraps Locations Guide.
9. Waste Management (15G) — Purchase the old dock and collect all nuclear waste.
Tip: To find all 30, check out our Grand Theft Auto 5 Nuclear Waste Locations Guide.
10. Red Mist (20G) — Complete all Rampages.
Tip: To find all 5, check out our Grand Theft Auto 5 Rampages Locations Guide.
11. Show Off (30G) — Complete all Stunt Jumps.
Tip: To find all 50, check out our Grand Theft Auto 5 Stunt Jumps Locations Guide.
12. Kifflom! (30G) — Complete your path to enlightenment… or not.
13. Three Man Army (20G) — Survive 3 minutes on at least a 3 star Wanted Level with all three characters together off mission.
14. Out of Your Depth (5G) — You’re gonna need a bigger boat…
Location: Go to the pier and hijack a boat.
Pilot your boat from the pier out into the deep sea. Eventually a shark will spawn on your radar as a red dot. Once this happens, jump in the water and dive underwater. Wait for the shark to kill you, and once it does, achievement unlocked!
15. Altruist Acolyte (5G) — Deliver an unsuspecting victim to the Altruist Cult.
Location: In the story campaign, right after after you’re introduced to Trevor, go to a nearby road-side “Restaurant with Chinese Food: Open 24 Hours” on Niland Avenue.
On the side of the restaurant you’ll find a drunk couple of which the women is celebrating her birthday. After talking to them, get into the the car next to them (it’s theirs) to drive them home ‘safely’. Stepping into the drivers seat will trigger a Random Event; Trevor can sometimes deliver Random Event passengers to the Altruist Cult, the road to which is indicated on your map with the A icon. It’s a 10-minute drive, but you’ll get a $2,000 reward on top of unlocking the achievement!
16. A Lot of Cheddar (20G) — Spend a total of $200 million across all three characters.
17. Trading Pure Alpha (10G) — Make a profit over your total investments in the stock market.
To start trading stocks, you’ll first need to bring up your mobile phone and go to the internet app. From the eyefind.info internet search page, click on the Money And Services tab to visit the lcn-exchange.com
Here’s an easy way to make profit in the GTA 5 stock market by only buying a few stocks that have green arrows (indicating they are going up), then waiting one day to check and see if you’ve made a profit in the sock website’s My Portfolio section, by selling the profitable stocks.
18. Pimp My Sidearm (10G) — Fully mod a weapon.
Can be done at the start of the game as Michael (who has the most money of the main characters early on). Go into an Ammu-Nation gun shop and fully upgrade a weapon of your choice. Upgrading the Pistol will only cost you about $3,400.
19. Wanted: Alive or Alive (10G) — Deliver a bail bond target alive.
As Trevor, go talk to Maude, and she’ll give you your first bail jumper called Ralph Ostrowski to deliver to her. Once you reach his location he’ll try and flee in his car, shoot one front and one back tire to stop him from running and aim your gun at him as he steps out of the car to prevent him running away. Next he’ll surrender peacefully, so don’t melee him in the face or shoot him because both acts of violence will kill him instantly. Get into a nearby car and he’ll follow you and step into the passenger seat, so you can deliver him to Maude.
20. Los Santos Customs (10G) — Fully mod a vehicle.
When available to do: You have to beat the story mission “Father/Son” to unlock the car repair shop.
Requirement: You will also need quite a bit of money to fully upgrade a vehicle.
The modifiable car to buy: Not all vehicles can be modified! So open the internet browser on your in-game mobile phone and go to “southernsanandreassuperautos.com” from the Travel And Transport tab on your in-game internet browser. Buy the Weeny Issi for $18,000 and retrieve it from your garage.
Now enter the Los Santos Customs (car repair shop) and buy the following upgrades:
1. Armor — Armor Upgrade 20%
2. Brakes — Street Brakes
3. Brakes — Sport Brakes
4. Bumpers — Custom Front Splitter
5. Bumpers — Custom Rear Bumper
6. Engine — EMS Level 1, Level 2, Level 3
7. Exhaust — Dual Exit Exhaust
8. Hood — Vented Hood
9. Horn — Truck Horn
10. Lights — Xenon Lights
11. Plate — Blue on White 2 (buy what you don’t have)
12. Respray — Primary Color — Chrome
13. Repsray — Secondary Color — Chrome
14. Skirts — Custom Skirts
15. Suspension — Lowered Suspension
16. Transmission — Street Transmission
17. Turbo — Turbo Tuning
18. Wheels — Wheel Type — SUV — Benefactor
19. Wheels — Wheel Color — Black
20. Wheels — Wheel Accessories — Custom Tires
21. Wheels — Wheel Accessories — Bulletproof Tires
22. Wheels — Wheel Accessories — Black Tire Smoke
23. Windows — Light Smoke
Note: Once you have all of that stuff, leave the shop to unlock the achievement. It won’t unlock while you are in the shop!
21. Close Shave (20G) — Complete all Under the Bridge and Knife Flight challenges.
Tip: To find and complete both these challenges, check out our Grand Theft Auto 5 Under the Bridge Locations Guide and Grand Theft Auto 5 Knife Flights Locations Guide.
22. Off the Plane (5G) — GTA Online: Complete the Introduction.
Note: GTA Online takes place after the main story. The goal is to do whatever it takes to get more money, cars, and real estate.
23. Three-Bit Gangster (10G) — GTA Online: Reach Rank 25.
24. Making Moves (30G) — GTA Online: Reach Rank 50.
25. Above the Law (80G) — GTA Online: Reach Rank 100.
26. Numero Uno (20G) — GTA Online: Obtain first place in all competitive game types.
27. The Midnight Club (20G) — GTA Online: Use custom vehicles to win 5 races.
28. Unnatural Selection (20G) — GTA Online: Complete all 10 waves of a Survival.
29. Backseat Driver (10G) — GTA Online: Direct a driver to 1st place as co-driver in Rally Mode.
30. Run Like The Wind (20G) — GTA Online: Survive with a Bounty on your head.
31. Clean Sweep (10G) — GTA Online: Finish a Gang Attack without dying and kill at least 10 enemies.
32. Decorated (50G) — GTA Online: Earn 30 Platinum Awards.
33. Stick Up Kid (10G) — GTA Online: Hold up all 20 Stores.
Tip: You will not be able to set up heists, like those hold ups in the solo campaign, from the start. Instead, you’ll have to wait until you have enough money to buy a “high end residency”. It should become available relatively fast, since after each GTA Online mission cash rewards and Reputation Points are awarded, especially when you realize the crew leader can hog the loot (not that the others take kindly to that).
34. Enjoy Your Stay (20G) — GTA Online: Participate in everything Los Santos has to offer.
Note: Almost everything you can do in the single-player campaign is available in GTA Online: “heists, missions, robberies, assaulting gang hideouts, hijacking armored vehicles, races, as well as tennis, golf and base jumping”.
35. Crew Cut (5G) — GTA Online: Complete a Job as a member of a Crew.
36. Full Refund (10G) — GTA Online: Kill the thief that mugged you.
37. Dialling Digits (5G) — GTA Online: Call for gang backup for the first time.
Tip: Biker gangs will support you during missions if you become friendly with them.
38. American Dream (10G) — GTA Online: Own an Apartment, Garage and an Insured Vehicle
Here are some GTA Online gameplay tips from the fancy Rockstar voice-over lady:
39. Welcome to Los Santos (10G) — You repo’d a car and raced it through the heart of a sun-soaked metropolis.
Unlocked upon completion of “Mission 1: Franklin and Lamar”.
Here’s a step-by-step video guide:
40. A Friendship Resurrected (10G) — With friends like this who needs enemies?
41. A Fair Day’s Pay (10G) — It’s time for a little getaway.
42. The Moment of Truth (10G) — You have uncovered the truth about Brad.
43. To Live or Die in Los Santos (40G) — Completed the final mission.
44. Diamond Hard (20G) — You cleaned out Vangelico to pay back Martin Madrazo.
45. Subversive (20G) — You stole an experimental super weapon from Merryweather… and gave it back.
46. Blitzed (20G) — You performed a classic blitz play.
47. Small Town, Big Job (20G) — You made a big impression at the Paleto Bay Chicken Festival.
48. The Government Gimps (20G) — You recovered sensitive information from a highly defended federal building.
49. The Big One! (20G) — This ain’t no dream no more.
Please comment if you have any Grand Theft Auto 5 achievement unlock tips of your own. Kudos will be given. – Thanks for visiting!