Our Lost Planet 3 walkthrough will guide you through the beginning to ending moments of gameplay with strategy tips for this third-person shooter on the PC, Xbox 360 & PS3.
Lost Planet 3 is a combination Third and First-person Shooter, that is the 2013 prequel to the entire Lost Planet game franchise. The extreme and unpredictable conditions that characterized the Lost Planet series return, harsher than ever before as new truths about the foreboding planet and the colonial history of E.D.N. III are revealed. Game features include a new protagonist, a variety of player perspectives, ever-changing weather, tactical combat against Akrid enemies, and multiplayer support.
Watch The Latest Gaming News:
Let’s start the Lost Planet 3 walkthrough with a monologue introduction video!
Please note that viewers must be at least 16 to watch, so no harm comes to those with innocent eyes. This game includes Blood, Mild Language, Violence.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Helping Hand
- Chapter 2: Rolling Out
- Chapter 3: To the Rescue
- Chapter 4: Saving the Day
- Chapter 5: Dish It Out
Index of Lost Planet 3 Guides:
- This Page: Lost Planet 3 Walkthrough
- Next Page: Lost Planet 3 Cheats
- Next Page: Lost Planet 3 Achievements Guide
- Next Page: Lost Planet 3 Trophies Guide
- Next Page: Lost Planet 3 Logs Locations Guide
- Next Page: Lost Planet 3 Mementos Locations Guide
- Next Page: Lost Planet 3 Albino Tarkaas Locations Guide
- Next Page: Lost Planet 3 Collectibles
Lost Planet 3 Walkthrough
Lost Planet 3 introduces Jim Peyton, a rig pilot who leaves Earth to take on a hazardous but lucrative contract on E.D.N. III. Working for Neo-Venus Construction (NEVEC) who are preparing the planet for colonization, Jim joins his fellow pioneers at the Coronis base and begins surveying the uncharted terrain and obtaining samples of the planet’s energy supply – thermal energy. With NEVEC’s existing thermal energy reserve running low, the fate of the Coronis mission depends on the natural source of the energy supply being located. Realizing that this is a great opportunity for a huge payoff and an early ticket home to his family, Jim braves the risk of the treacherous environment.
Lost Planet 3 delivers a mix of both first and third-person action. Acting as a home away from home and offering protection from the ever changing climate, Jim soon discovers the utility rig’s array of tools are just as useful at taking out Akrid as they are at helping him fulfill his contract work. Outside the rig, the action switches to third-person with Jim at the mercy of the elements. He’ll need to battle against hostile enemies with a mix of gun and melee based combat while also surviving the forces of nature. With a number of multiplayer modes and a compelling single player experience, Lost Planet 3 delves deeper into the Lost Planet universe, uncovering hidden truths within the unique and dynamic environment of E.D.N. III.
Key Game Features:
- Return to Extreme Conditions – Taking the series back to its roots, Lost Planet 3 returns to E.D.N. III, delivering a dynamic game world that’s more dangerous than ever before.
- Brave the Terrifying – Play as blue collar worker Jim Peyton, risking assignments in treacherous conditions to earn his hazard pay and return home to his family.
- Home Away From Home – Protect yourself from hostile Akrid and the unpredictable ice storms on E.D.N. III with your utility rig. Equipped with an assortment of tools you’ll need to learn to use the rig to your advantage in order to survive.
- Gameplay Variety – Offering a mix of first-person combat in the rig, and third-person gunplay on foot.
- Stormy Weather – The ever-changing weather system of E.D.N. III affects the way you play with conditions that create an imposing environment players will need to adapt to.
- Intense, Cinematic Experience – Developed with the Unreal Engine 3, Lost Planet 3 presents a visually stunning and unique terrain that impacts the gameplay.
- Killer Enemies – The Akrid are back, bigger, angrier and demanding of a more tactical approach during combat.
- Save Your Energy – Harvest energy by planting thermal posts and use the supply to upgrade your weapons. The longer you leave your post in the ground, the more energy you’ll source… but this reward brings with it the threat of increasing Akrid reproduction, adding even more risks to the unstable environment. Will the reward be worth the risk?
- Reveal the Hidden Truths of E.D.N. III – The uncharted world has many secrets locked away. Jim’s search for thermal energy will ultimately reveal further mysteries.
- Lonely Planet? – Lost Planet 3 will support a full set of multiplayer modes that enhance players experience of the Lost Planet world.
Minimum PC Specs:
OS: Windows XP
Processor: Dual core CPU 2.5 GHz
Memory: 3 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 or better, ATI Radeon HD 4770 or better
Hard Drive: 16 GB available space
Sound Card: Standard audio device
Recommended PC Specs:
OS: Windows 7
Processor: Quad core 2.7 GHz or better
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 or better
Hard Drive: 16 GB available space
Sound Card: Standard audio device
Welcome to the Lost Planet 3 walkthrough! We’ll be showing you around the game’s frozen areas.
After the opening dialogue, at the start of the game you’ll get saved by Laroche.
• Explore the Crash Site
• Return to the Pod
Firing Tip: Your Pistol has unlimited ammo at all times. Equip your Pistol by holding down the Y button on Xbox 360 or the Triangle button on PS3.
Enemy Killing Hints: Armored Akrid are only vulnerable on their red glowing areas.
Skilled players should try throwing grenades into an Akrid’s mouth for high damage!
While on-foot, push back nearby Akrid with Melee attacks.
Next you’ll get your giant Rig! But first the team must reach Delta Station, a small secondary base (and your new home) built on an ice shelf directly above the Coronis Hangar.
• Stay Alive
• Repair the Drill
• Survive the Akrid attack
• Find Gale to get your Rig
• Locate the Quartermaster
Weapon Configuration Tip: Don’t forget to configure your weapons loadout at any Munitions Locker.
Hint: A red “X” on an interaction point indicates you don’t own the appropriate tool… Yet. Keep on playing.
Quartermaster Notes: Check back at the Quartermaster’s Shop often to see if new shipments have arrived. – T-Energy dropped by Akrid can be collected and used as currency at the Quartermaster’s shop.
Mission Tracking Note: Only one mission at a time can be tracked in your Job Log.
Gale’s Rig Workshop Note: Salvage specialized components to help create upgrades at Gale’s Workshop.
Considering he saved us after we crash-landed on the planet, let’s go search for, defended & rescue Laroche.
• Protect Laroche
• Enter the Ice Cave
• Locate and empty your first T-Energy Post
Ammo Tips: Don’t forget to access the Munitions Lockers attached to the outside of your Rig’s feet. Reloading next to a Munitions Locker replenishes all ammo and grenades; Also keep an eye out for ammo footlockers that refill your ammunition and grenades. Entering your Rig automatically replenishes all ammo and grenades. Your Rig provides unlimited regular ammo – specialty ammo, however, needs to be purchased. On that note, Hold down the X button on Xbox 360 or the Square button on PS3 to switch between regular and specialty ammo.
The team needs you to secure the base moorings with your Rig before the heavy storm hits.
• Return to the Rig
• Tighten the Moorings
• Dock the Rig
• Find Braddock at the upper level Command Center
• Repair the life support and rescue the trapped scientists
• Find the Thermal Pocket and plant your first T-Energy Post
• Get Sepia Samples (Optional Mission)
Part 2 of Chapter 4 sees Jim completing his “My First T-Energy Post” mission at Hanneman’s Basin.
Part 3 of Chapter 4 has us doing a side-job for Dr. Kovac, to kill 20 Sepia Akrid for him.
Tip: Lost while on-foot? Pulse your nav-markers to display breadcrumbs leading to Active Quests.
Health Tip: Stay within range of your Rig’s umbilical field to increase your health regeneration.
Additionally, proximity to the Rig provides an umbilical field powering your mini-map, radar, and loudout details.
Aim your reticule directly over a grappling point when firing your hook for a speed bonus.
Lost Planet 3 Walkthrough continues on Page 2 with Chapter 5: Dish It Out.
Continue Reading on: Page 1 Page 2
Tags: Lost Planet 3