75 Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z characters have been announced so far as part of the roster of the latest game in the DBZ series. Below we list them all. The game features many of your favorite fighter characters from throughout the manga & anime series.
According to the creators at Namco Bandai Games, Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z arrives for release on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 & PlayStation Vita in America/Canada & Europe/Australia during Holiday 2013.
Watch The Latest Gaming News:
NOTE: We also have a guide about how to unlock the 75 Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z secret characters.
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z Characters List
Take part in epic battles with new characters — both the Z Fighters & their antagonists — playable for the first time in Akira Toriyama’s world! For reference, each of the 47 unique listed character’s forms gets its own character slot on the 75-large character select screen.
- Adult Gohan (Super Saiyan)
- Android 16
- Android 17
- Android 18
- Android 19
- Bardock (Normal, Great Ape Bardock Boss)
- Bills AKA God of Destruction Bills AKA Beerus — Info: The purple cat-like humanoid Bills with godly powers is the main antagonist in the new Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods movie.
- Broly (Super Saiyan, Legendary Super Saiyan) — Info: The Legendary Super Saiyan form of Broly, that Paragas could not control, is uncontrollable with power and strong enough to destroy a planet easily.
- Burter — Info: A member of the Ginyu Force. Despite his large physique, he boasts being the fastest in the universe and calls himself Blue Hurricane.
- Captain Ginyu — Info: The captain of Frieza’s elite force, the Ginyu Force. He is the strongest in the force, but is comical, coming-up with fighting poses for his team.
- Cell (Imperfect Form, Semi-Perfect Form, Perfect Form, Super Perfect Form)
- Cell Jr.
- Cooler (Normal, Final Form)
- Dr. Gero
- Frieza (1st Form, 2nd Form, 3rd Form, Final Form, 100% Power) — Info: The final form of Frieza looks simple, but holds unbelievable power. Goku was unable to defeat this form even when using Kaioken or the Spirit Bomb.
- Frieza Soldier
- Future Trunks (Super Saiyan, Ultra Super Saiyan AKA Super Trunks)
- Future Trunks with Sword (Normal, Super Saiyan)
- Goku (Normal, Super Saiyan Goku, Super Saiyan 2 Goku, Super Saiyan 3 Goku, Goku Super Saiyan God) — Info: Goku has a pure heart and unlimited power, and has saved the Earth many times. He is an Earth-born Saiyan who is excited to fight powerful enemies. God Goku with the red hair is a new character who first appeared on the new “Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods” movie in Japan on March 30th, 2013.
- Goten (Normal, Super Saiyan)
- Gotenks (Normal, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 3) — Info: Gotenks is the result of Goten & Trunks successfully performing the Fusion Dance.
- Guldo — Info: A member of the Ginyu Force. He is not strong, but has powers such as stopping time or paralyzing enemies, which caused great pain onto Gohan and Krillin.
- Hirudegarn (Final Form) Boss
- Jeice — Info: A member of the Ginyu Force. He is ranks second in the force and calls himself Red Magma. He uses Crusher Ball, an attack volleying a ball of energy.
- Kid Buu
- Kid Gohan (Normal, Great Ape Gohan Boss) — Info: Goku’s son, who has a spirit of justice, was raised by Chi-Chi to be a polite child. He was a crybaby, but Piccolo trains him into a fine fighter.
- Krillin — Info: Goku’s best friend. He is a Master Roshi’s apprentice with Goku. Being brave and cares about his friends, Krillin is one of the strongest human martial artists.
- Majin Buu
- Majin Buu Evil AKA Super Buu (Normal, Gohan Absorbed Form)
- Metal Cooler (Nucleus) Boss
- Piccolo — Info: Namekian and reincarnation from the demon King Piccolo who attempted to dominate the world. Once a pitiless fighter, he came to have warm feelings as he spend time with Goku and Gohan.
- Recoome — Info: A member of the Ginyu Force. He has amazing power and resilience and to top it, a sense of humor. He took Vegeta’s attacks without taking much damage.
- Teen Gohan (Normal, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 2)
- Tien Shinhan — Info: This master of the martial arts studied under Master Shen to become an assassin, but through his encounters with Goku, his sense of justice awakens.
- Trunks (Normal, Super Saiyan)
- Ultimate Gohan
- Vegeta (Normal, Great Ape Vegeta Boss, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 2, Majin) — Info: Vegeta’s the Prince of the Saiyans warrior race, who invades Earth to seek the Dragon Balls. He’s an elite warrior with astounding power, when his pride gets harmed during the battle with Goku he creates an artifical Moon to transformed into his Great Ape form.
- Whis — Info: Whis is Bills’ martial arts master & attendant, who also debuted in the new Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods movie. His power exceeds that of the God of Destruction Bills, making him the most powerful character in Dragon Ball Z (not GT).
Pre-order Bonus DLC Playable Characters:
45. Super Saiyan Bardock
46. Super Saiyan Goku (Naruto Sage Mode costume)
47. Super Vegito — Info: Super Vegito is the result of Vegeta & Goku using the Potara Earrings fusion, and then transforming into a Super Saiyan.
Here is an artwork gallery of the Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z characters.
Watch the Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z trailer starring many of the characters:
Team-up to unleash your Super Saiyan Power. Since its beginning, Dragon Ball Z was the theater of amazing fights between Goku, his friends and their enemies, and once again they are all back for a new rumble. After amazing games such as the Budokai series, Tenkaichi series & Raging Blast, Dragon Ball Z returns for a brand-new game where cooperation will be your best ally to defeat terrible enemies. The more enemies you have, the more allies you need and the more fun you’ll get in all of the modes available.
Publisher: Namco Bandai Games
Platforms: Xbox 360 / PlayStation 3 / PlayStation Vita
Genre: Team Melee Action / Versus Fighting
Players: 1 offline / Up to 4 in online Co-op Mode / Up to 8 in online Battle Royale Mode
Rating: PEGI 12 years or older
Release: Holiday 2013 / Coming soon
* Try Goku’s new Super Saiyan God mode against his hardest enemies; such as Giant Ape Vegeta, Frieza and many more.
* Discover huge open areas to unleash your KI blast power.
* Revolutionary melee mode in a Dragon Ball game.
* Team Up online with 3 of your friends in coop mode.
* Rumble with up to 8 players online.