Welcome to The Last of Us Tools locations guide that helps you find the total of 5 Tool locations to level up / upgrade your weapons in the PS3 action-adventure survival-horror game.
Finding all 5 Tool locations and picking them up will help unlock the following Trophies:
* “For emergencies only” (Gold Trophy) — Fully upgrade all weapons.
* “Scavenger” (Gold Trophy) — Found all collectibles.
Watch The Latest Gaming News:
The Timeline for all these in-game Tools locations is listed below.
Index of The Last of Us Guides:
- This Page: The Last of Us Tools Locations Guide
- Next Page: The Last of Us Trophies Guide
- Next Page: The Last of Us Comics Locations Guide
- Next Page: The Last of Us Artifacts Locations Guide
- Next Page: The Last of Us Training Manuals Locations Guide
- Next Page: The Last of Us Firefly Pendants Locations Guide
- Next Page: The Last of Us Shiv Doors Locations Guide
- Next Page: The Last of Us Ellie’s Jokes Locations Guide
- Next Page: The Last of Us Optional Conversations Locations Guide
- Next Page: The Last of Us Walkthrough
- Next Page: The Last of Us Cheats
- Next Page: The Last of Us Easter Eggs
- Next Page: The Last of Us Glitches
The Last of Us Tools
Important Tip: The Tools have fixed locations and must be picked up in correct order in a single playthrough.
Finding all of the Tools is necessary to fully upgrade all weapons. Merely finding the toolboxes won’t earn you the weapons upgrade-related trophy though, because you’ve still got to upgrade every weapon in the game. Upgrading weapons in The Last of Us can be done at workbenches.
How to find missing Tools?: In-game the Tools will appear simply as metal Tools sitting in a toolbox for you to pick up with the action button that pops up when you stand next to it.
To find out where you’re missing Tools, press the Select button while playing in-game.
Or you can track your total progress in the “Collectibles” section of the Bonus Menu.
Does the game save each Tools you collect?: No, the game will only save the Tools you just collected if you picked them up after you reach each next checkpoint in the game. Only then can you safely quit the chapter without losing collectibles progress. If you die you’ll have to replay that section to collect it again.
Where to find all Tools in The Last of Us? The in-game collectibles locations for the Tools are described in this detailed video guide.
The Tools are listed in the video in the order that they appear.
Timeline in minutes per chapter for the Tools Locations Guide:
• Tool Location #1 – Bill’s Town (Graveyard) – 0:05
• Tool Location #2 – Pittsburgh (Alone and Forsaken) – 0:30
• Tool Location #3 – The Suburbs (Sewers) – 0:52
• Tool Location #4 – The University (Science Building) – 1:25
• Tool Location #5 – Bus Depot (Highway Exit) – 1:55
There you go! All Tools in The Last of Us are yours! 🙂
Huge thanks to Powerpyx for the guide video and tips.
Please comment if you have any additional The Last of Us Tools location tips of your own, we’ll give you credit for it. – Thanks for visiting!