The Last of Us walkthrough will guide you through the beginning to ending moments of gameplay with strategy tips for this action-adventure survival-horror game exclusively on the PS3.
The Last of Us is a third-person Survival-Action game and PlayStation 3 exclusive featuring a unique character action driven storyline focused on the unlikely pairing of a young girl and a hardened scavenger in a post-apocalyptic gameworld. The game utilizes multiple gameplay mechanics, including “Dynamic Stealth,” allowing differing possible strategies and techniques in conflicts, resulting in different possible outcomes. Additional game features include AI that adapts to choices and situations, a variety of enemies, a live inventory system, and beautiful graphics.
Watch The Latest Gaming News:
Let’s start the The Last of Us walkthrough with a story introduction video!
Please note that viewers must be at least 18 to watch, so no harm comes to those with innocent eyes. This game includes Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, Sexual Themes, Strong Language.
Table of Contents
- Prologue: Hometown
- Chapter 1: The Quarantine Zone
- Chapter 2: The Outskirts
- Chapter 3: Bill’s Town
- Chapter 4: Pittsburgh
- Chapter 5: The Suburbs
- Chapter 6: Tommy’s Dam
- Chapter 7: The University
- Chapter 8: Lakeside Resort
- Chapter 9: Bus Depot
- Chapter 10: The Firefly Lab
- Ending & Jackson Epilogue
Index of The Last of Us Guides:
- This Page: The Last of Us Walkthrough
- Next Page: The Last of Us Cheats
- Next Page: The Last of Us Trophies Guide
- Next Page: The Last of Us Comics Locations Guide
- Next Page: The Last of Us Artifacts Locations Guide
- Next Page: The Last of Us Training Manuals Locations Guide
- Next Page: The Last of Us Firefly Pendants Locations Guide
- Next Page: The Last of Us Tools Locations Guide
- Next Page: The Last of Us Shiv Doors Locations Guide
- Next Page: The Last of Us Ellie’s Jokes Locations Guide
- Next Page: The Last of Us Optional Conversations Locations Guide
- Next Page: The Last of Us Easter Eggs
- Next Page: The Last of Us Glitches
The Last of Us Walkthrough
The Last of Us is a third-person Survival-Action game that utilizes choices in gameplay action to develop the game storyline, as well as the relationship between the two main characters, Joel and Ellie. The game features a combination of combat, exploration, stealth and platforming game mechanics. Although Joel and Ellie are both residents of a post-apocalyptic world, they have had different experiences that affect the way they see the world around them, and feel about what they see and do. Joel had a life before the pandemic, while the world of the pandemic is all that Ellie has ever known. As part of Joel’s job to smuggle Ellie out of the quarantine zone, players have to make choices in how they deal with enemies, which include, roving gangs of human scavengers not unlike themselves, military elements and infected civilians. Player also have opportunity to together interact with elements of the world around them, which helps to build the bond between Joel and Ellie.
Resources in the game are scarce, making overwhelming use of firepower unlikely and unwise in conflicts, and resource gathering missions. In addition, most other residents of the ruined world that are encountered are just trying to survive – blurring the line between good guys and bad guys. Finally, game AI react differently depending on the specifics of the player’s actions, making choice in gameplay a major consideration.
Key Game Features:
- Third-person oriented gameplay that blends survival and action elements into a genre-defining video game experience.
- Character driven story about a population decimated by a modern plague, and the resulting ambiguity of good and evil.
- A unique blend of exploration, platforming, stealth, and combat game mechanics.
- “Dynamic Stealth,” which allows for multiple strategies and techniques to use in situations, resulting in different possible outcomes.
- AI (artificial intelligence) that adapts depending on the situation, player actions, and weapons/tactics used.
- A live inventory system in which the game actions and dangers continue as players organize, combine, and select items.
- Developed by Naughty Dog, creators of the best-selling Uncharted series.
O = Crouch
X = Climb
Square = Melee
Triangle = Interact / Pick up
L1 = Aim
L1 + R1 = Shoot / Throw
R1 = Quick Throw Bottles / Use Consumable / Reload
L2 = Sprint
R2 = Listen (Hold) / Switch Shoulders (Tap)
R3 / Press down on the Right Analog Stick) = Flashlight Toggle
Move the Right Analog Stick = Camera Angle
Move the Left Analog Stick = Move
Left on the Directional-Pad or Right on the Directional-Pad = Select Weapon
Up on the Directional-Pad or Down on the Directional-Pad = Consumable Items
Welcome to the The Last of Us walkthrough! It’s easy to get lost in this beautiful world, so here you’ll be shown the best path through the game’s areas.
The short Prologue fills out Joel’s backstory by introducing us to his daughter Sarah. The beginning of the game is quite sad.
20 years after a pandemic has radically changed known civilization, infected humans run wild and survivors are killing each other for food, weapons – whatever they can get their hands on.
In the first Chapter we are introduced to Joel’s partner in crime Tess. They go beyond the safe city walls to smuggle cargo into the city. While in the slums they have to kill some infected zombies and end up meeting the Fireflies rebels.
Health Kit Tip: Bind up your wounds with a Health Kit. Using a Health Kit takes time. Make sure you’re in a safe place.
Equip the Health Kit with Up on the Directional Pad and then hold the R1 button to start binding.
Part 1 of “The Outskirts” takes us ‘Outside’.
Joel, a violent survivor, is hired to smuggle a 14 year-old girl, Ellie, out of an oppressive military quarantine zone, but what starts as a small job soon transforms into a brutal journey across the U.S.
After meeting with Ellie, the escort mission begins!
Part 2 of “The Outskirts” takes us ‘Downtown’.
You’ll be sneaking past some annoying guards.
Part 3 of “The Outskirts” takes us further ‘Downtown’.
Going through downtown and reaching the museum. Clickers sure make disturbing sounds.
Part 4 of “The Outskirts” takes us to the ‘Museum’.
Getting through the museum and reaching the capitol building is very scary.
Tip: You can sneak up on the infected from behind and grab them by pressing the Triangle button, and then press the Square button to take them out quietly.
The Last of Us Walkthrough continues on Page 2 with Chapter 3: Bill’s Town.