The E3 2013 Nintendo Press Conference broadcast aired today, has revealed brand new information about Nintendo’s game lineup. Nintendo’s E3 2013 keynote conference started online-only as a Nintendo Direct on June 11th at 7:00AM PDT / 10:00PM EDT / 3:00PM GMT and lasted 40 minutes. What follows is a bulletpoints roundup.
It started with the expected games: Pokemon X & Y, Super Smash Bros. 4 for Wii U & 3DS, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD, Bayonetta 2, The Wonderful 101, and Project X.
New surprise reveals this year were: Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, and Art Academy for Wii U.
Watch The Latest Gaming News:
Here’s the full E3 2013 Nintendo broadcast video:
Index of E3 2013 Pages:
- This Page: E3 2013 Nintendo Press Conference Roundup
- Next Page: E3 2013 Sony Press Conference Roundup
- Next Page: E3 2013 Microsoft Press Conference Roundup
- Next Page: E3 2013 EA Press Conference Roundup
- Next Page: E3 2013 Ubisoft Press Conference Roundup
- Next Page: E3 2013 Schedule
- Next Page: E3 2013 Live Stream
- Next Page: E3 2013 Games List
- Next Page: E3 2013 Dates
- Next Page: Top 15 Most Anticipated Games of E3 2013
E3 2013 Nintendo Press Conference Roundup:
- Pokemon X & Y E3 2013 Trailer. “Go Fennekin!” Introducing the new Fairy type Pokemon, such as Sylveon, Gardevoir, Jigglypuff & Marill; it’s super effective against dragon type Pokemon! New Pokemon Mii Mode that lets you feed, pet and play with your Pokemon. Release on October 12th, 2013 worldwide.
- Super Mario 3D World Announced for Wii U. Graphic style looks like Super Mario 3D Land from the 3DS. New golden Cat Mario powerup that allows you to climb up walls and scratching enemeies. New multiplayer mode for up to 4 players. Luigi, Peach & Toad are playable at the same time too, Peach can hover, Toad can run faster, Luigi can probably jump higher. Coming in December 2013.
- Mario Kart 8 Announced for Wii U. Trailer shows karts & bikes / motorcycles that can transform from wheels to hover, ride on walls or upside down, dive underwater, and fly in the air. The best collection of online multiplayer modes promised. Coming in Spring 2014.
- Wii Party U Announced for Wii U. On-screen and tabletop multiplayer games. Coming after later in 2013.
- Wii Fit U delayed until Winter 2013. More quirky sports games being added.
- Art Academy Announced for Wii U. Additionally, Miiverse artists get some of the tools available to them on the Wii U from the Nintendo eShop. This Miiverse drawing tool that allows for color drawings coming in Summer 2013.
- 3rd party partners action reel shows upcoming Wii U & 3DS games in 2013 like: Batman: Arkham Origins, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Disney Infinity, Just Dance 2014 (October 1st, 2013), Rayman Legends, Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure, Disney’s Planes, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Skylanders Swap Force, Splinter Cell: Blacklist, Sonic Lost World, Watch Dogs.
- Digital games support will be expanded with Wii U & 3DS eShop games in 2013 like: Ballpoint Universe, Cloudberry Kingdom, Coaster Crazy Deluxe, DuckTales: Remastered, Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystera, Mutant Mudds Deluxe, Oddworld: New ‘N Tsty, Scram Kitty & His Buddy, Shover Knight, Spin the Bottle, A World of Keflings.
- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD E3 2013 Trailer. 1080p rendering, better shaders to improve the visuals. I like the newer cel-shaded look, but I’ve already played this game on GameCube, although that was 10 years ago. The Tingle Tuner for assisted play via the GameBoy Advance link has been updated to make the Tingle Bottle to send a message in a bottle (not on the Wii U GamePad?). Coming in October 2013.
- The Wonderful 101 E3 2013 Trailer. Unite More system allows you to draw a specific attack weapon on the Wii U GamePad, the larger you draw the specific symbols on the screen the bigger the attack. Multiplayer for up to 5 players included. Coming on August 23rd, 2013.
- Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze Announced for Wii U. Looks like the Wii original-based Donkey Kong Country Returns 2. More side-scrolling platforming action, banana collecting, and barrel blasting incoming. HD graphics for the first time for Donkey Kong. New different camera angels that show dynamic scenes to provide new gameplay experiences. 2-player simultaneous multiplayer, play with either DK and Diddy or DK and Dixy! Coming later in 2013.
- Bayonetta 2 E3 2013 Trailer. CGI trailer shows “a little more” of the Wii U game. Bayonetta is as feisty as ever, saying to her enemies “no one said you could touch!” while standing there legs-spread and shooting her guns at them LOL! Bayonetta has new (shorter?) hair and a new costume. First gameplay shown. Coming in 2014.
- Project X E3 2013 Trailer. New trailer for the Wii U action-RPG from Monolith (based on the Xenosaga series?). More land and air-based mechs shown. Large-scale open world using the the team’s Xenoblade experience. Coming in 2014.
- Super Smash Bros. 4 for Wii U & 3DS Trailer shown. 3DS version uses cel-shading. Wii U version uses the normal CGI-like graphics. All the original fighters are back, they include: Mario, Link, Samus, Kirby, Donkey Kong, and Fox. A new character is the Villager from Animal Crossing! A new (non-Nintendo) challenger approaches, it’s Capcom’s Mega Man! He has lots of cool boss-based powerups. The games are coming in 2014.
What’s your favorite E3 2013 Nintendo announcement?
Tags: Batman: Arkham Origins, Bayonetta 2, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Pokemon X, Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD