The E3 2013 Sony Press Conference broadcast aired today, has revealed brand new information about Sony’s game lineup. Sony’s E3 2013 keynote conference started on June 5th at 6:00PM PDT / 9:00PM EDT / 2:00AM GMT and lasted an hour and a half. What follows is a bulletpoints roundup.
It started with the expected games: Beyond: Two Souls, Gran Turismo 6, Infamous: Second Son, Killzone: Shadow Fall, DriveClub.
New surprise reveals this year were: Kingdom Hearts III, Final Fantasy XV, Final Fantasy XIV, The Order: 1886, The Elder Scrolls Online. Once again missing was The Last Guardian. And the PlayStation 4 console was revealed as consumer-friendly, with the launch happening in the U.S. & Europe in Holiday 2013.
Here’s the full E3 2013 Sony broadcast video:
Index of E3 2013 Pages:
- This Page: E3 2013 Sony Press Conference Roundup
- Next Page: E3 2013 Microsoft Press Conference Roundup
- Next Page: E3 2013 Nintendo Press Conference Roundup
- Next Page: E3 2013 EA Press Conference Roundup
- Next Page: E3 2013 Ubisoft Press Conference Roundup
- Next Page: E3 2013 Schedule
- Next Page: E3 2013 Live Stream
- Next Page: E3 2013 Games List
- Next Page: E3 2013 Dates
- Next Page: Top 15 Most Anticipated Games of E3 2013
E3 2013 Sony Press Conference Roundup:
- 125 PS Vita games released in the first two years since launch. 620 games if you include digital download titles from PSone, PSP and other PS Vita PlayStation Network titles.
- The Walking Dead Game: 400 Days Episode announced. That episode and season 1 coming to PS Vita.
- The Last of Us E3 2013 Trailer. New trailer shown for PS3.
- Puppeteer E3 2013 Trailer. The next trailer shown for PS3.
- Rain E3 2013 Trailer. Another new trailer shown for PS3. Coming Fall 2013.
- Beyond: Two Souls E3 2013 Trailer. The next trailer shown for PS3. Coming October 8th, 2013.
- Gran Turismo 6 E3 2013 Trailer. The PS3 trailers keep running. Touts new physics model, with new tire and suspension, aerodynamics models, with adaptive tesselation, and a new rendering engine. “Not too shabby for a platform in its 7th year huh?” adds the PlayStation boss Jack Tretton.
- Batman: Arkham Origins E3 2013 Trailer. Bad guy Black Mask put a bounty on Batman’s head. It’s the first chapter in the Batman Arkham saga. The Joker returns! Coming October 25th, 2013. Nightfall DLC and 1960’s retro TV show skin are PS3 bonus extras.
- Exclusive $299 exclusive PS3 console bundle with Grand Theft Auto 5 packed in. Coming on September 17th, 2013.
- PlayStation 4 console unveiled. Looks very aerodynamic with its sleek flat surface and thin sides. PS4 console promises to offer “infinite power”, and of course uses “Cloud” stuff.
- Sony Entertainment CEO & Sony Pictures boss Michael Lynton came on the stage to reveal next-generation entertainment’s services like: Music Unlimited (20 million songs, stream to all mobile devices), Video unlimited (rent/own 350,000 movies & TV shows), Redbox Instant, Pay Per View content (live events viewer), Flixster, and Crackle. Original programming plan will be available exclusively on PlayStation Network and PS4. Is catered to gamers, list shows Breaking Bad, Community, James Bond 007, This Is The End, etc.
- Shu Yoshida, Sony Worldwide Studios boss, came on stage to talk. 20 exclusive games in development at Sony for PS4, 12 are brand new IPs.
- The Order: 1886 Announced for PS4. In-engine footage shown. Readyatdawn Studio developed. Steampunk theme where soldiers fight mysterious monsters that attack their horse and carriage.
- Reel of new E3 2013 gameplay footage was shown for Killzone: Shadow Fall, DriveClub, Knack (all 3 PS4 launch games), and Infamous: Second Son (Q1 2014 PS4 release). Full gameplay videos will be available at PlayStation.com once E3 2013 begins.
- The Dark Sorcerer is a Quantic Dream technical demo running in real-time on PS4. Nice showcase of the system’s power. Funny ending that shows how realistic the motion is.
- Transistor E3 2013 Trailer. Action-RPG from the Bastion creators. Console debut on PS4 in early 2014. Sounds like a timed console-exclusive from developer Supergiant Games.
- Indie games coming to PS4’s PlayStation Network as console-exclusives include: Don’t Starve, Scott Plilgrim’s Mercenary Kings. Octodad: Dadliest’s Catch. Secret Ponchos. Ray’s Dead zombie army game. Outlast horror game. Oddworld 1 remake: Oddorld: New and Tasty. Galak-Z 2D Shooter.
- Diablo III extras for PS3 & PS4 include Blizzard DLC items.
- Final Fantasy Versus XIII E3 2013 Trailer. Renamed as Final Fantasy XV for PS4! No multiplatform details here obviously at the Sony conference, but it has been confirmed for Xbox One as well. “This is a fantasy based on reality.” Prince Noct (the son of Regis) is the main character.
- Kingdom Hearts III Announced for PS4. Although it’s also confirmed for Xbox One. CGI trailer reveals it’s now in development.
- Final Fantasy XIV MMO Announced for PS3 & PS4. Console-exclusivity confirmed for PlayStation consoles. The game’s obviously still on PC too.
- Assassin’s Creed 4 Gameplay Trailer. Takes place in the 1717 West Indies. Looks lively.
- Watch Dogs Gameplay Trailer. Everything that’s connected can be hacked and used again your enemies. “Connection is power.” PS3 & PS4 exclusive hour of gameplay, and an extra outfit for protagonist Aiden Pierce.
- Lebron James talks to video game James and introduce the NBA 2K14 multiplatform game.
- The Elder Scrolls Online Announced for PS4. Coming Spring 2014. MMO promises to have beta first on PS4. New E3 2013 Trailer shown.
- Mad Max Game Announced for PS4. CGI trailer shown. Road Warrior survivor kit exclusively to PlayStation.
- PS4 supports used games, no DRM imposed restriction. *HUGE APPLAUSE FOLLOWED!* Trade in, sell it, lend it to a friend or keep it forever, Sony is clear, they love gamers. No online connection required to play, no periodically or any authentication needed, and no online check-in needed.
- 140+ PS4 games in development! 100 available in the first year on the market.
- PlayStation Plus benefits will be expanded. Membership will apply to PS3, PS4 & PS Vita all-in-one. Stays less than $5 per month. All media services and only gameplay in games remains free. DriveClub: PS Plus Edition will be free for PlayStation Plus members from the PS4 launch. Get a new title for free very month. Next games free in line are: Don’t Starve, Outlast, Ponchos.
- Destiny E3 2013 Trailer. Bungie & Activision show the world gameplay premiere of Destiny (unclarified Sony partnership). Note to self: Fly a Titan aircraft over the wall, don’t go through it. Once through the wall a public event starts that sees Fireteams of Guardians take on an enemy dropship trying to approach the wall that defends humanity’s last city on Earth. The short E3 trailer looks a lot better than the dark gameplay demo.
- Gaikai cloud computing clarified: All access gaming library. PS4 & PS Vita owners will get access to PS3 games via the cloud! First becomes available in America in 2014.
- PlayStation 4 will be available at a price of $399 / €399 / 349. Release Date: Coming first to the U.S. and Europe in the 2013 Holiday Season.
What’s your favorite E3 2013 Sony announcement?
Tags: Batman: Arkham Origins, Beyond: Two Souls, DriveClub, Final Fantasy XV, Gran Turismo 6, inFamous: Second Son, Killzone: Shadow Fall, Kingdom Hearts 3, Kingdom Hearts III, Knack, PlayStation Now, The Elder Scrolls Online, The Order: 1886