The E3 2013 Microsoft Press Conference broadcast aired today, has revealed brand new information about Microsoft’s Xbox 360 and Xbox One game lineup. Microsoft’s E3 2013 keynote conference started on June 10th at 9:30AM PDT / 12:30PM EDT / 5:30PM GMT and lasted an hour and a half. What follows is a bulletpoints roundup…
Xbox One exclusive surprises this year were: Halo 5, Killer Instinct 3, Dead Rising 3, Ryse: Son of Rome, Titanfall, Sunset Overdrive, Minecraft: Xbox One Edition, D4, Project Spark, Crimson Dragon, Below Game, plus a Black Tusk Game. And of course an even slimmer Xbox 360 redesign out now, with the Xbox One console launch happening in 21 countries in November 2013.
Watch The Latest Gaming News:
Here’s the full E3 2013 Microsoft broadcast video:
Index of E3 2013 Pages:
- This Page: E3 2013 Microsoft Press Conference Roundup
- Next Page: E3 2013 Sony Press Conference Roundup
- Next Page: E3 2013 Nintendo Press Conference Roundup
- Next Page: E3 2013 EA Press Conference Roundup
- Next Page: E3 2013 Ubisoft Press Conference Roundup
- Next Page: E3 2013 Schedule
- Next Page: E3 2013 Live Stream
- Next Page: E3 2013 Games List
- Next Page: E3 2013 Dates
- Next Page: Top 15 Most Anticipated Games of E3 2013
E3 2013 Microsoft Press Conference Roundup:
- Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain E3 2013 Trailer. Xbox One gameplay. Open World!
- Xbox 360 Redesign 2013: Small & Sleek. Release Date: Today!
- 2 Free Xbox 360 Games Per Month Program for Gold Subscribers: note: AC2 & Halo3 first games.
- World of Tanks: Xbox 360 Edition Announced. Popular MMO PC game jumps to a console for the first time.
- Max: The Curse of Brotherhood Announced for Xbox 360.
- Dark Souls 2 E3 2013 Trailer. Song fittingly says “Again and again I’ll come back”. March 2014 release date.
- Ryse: Son of Rome E3 2013 Trailer. Xbox One exclusive launch game. You play as the Marius Titus. Gameplay shows controller quick-time events, not Kinect-exclusive.
- Killer Instinct 3 Announced for Xbox One. Madcatz Killer joystick available for Killer Instinct. Upload Studio allows you to upload and edit your recorded (winning) match. Say Xbox Broadcast to Xbox Kinect to instantly broadcast your game on Twitch.
- Sunset Overdrive Announced for Xbox One. Insomniac Studios. Stylized open world shooter. Wacky weapons like an LP shooting gun and what looks like a Nuke gun.
- Forza Motorsport 5 E3 2013 Trailer. McClaren P1 featured. “Textures you can feel” blabla, except you can’t feel it, because it’s a video game. AI more human, learns how you drive the car, your driving is logged in the cloud so your AI becomes more human based on how you race; making for fair multiplayer. Hundreds of cars promised. World famous circuits.
- 200 Indie developers brought 400 Indie games to Xbox Live Arcade, generating over $1 billion in sales. This continues on Xbox One.
- Minecraft: Xbox One Edition Announced. 6 million Xbox 360 sales, Xbox One promises “more blocks” LOL!
- Quantum Break combines TV show and game to bring ultimate interactive experience. Real-time gameplay demonstration. Xbox One exclusive.
- D4 Announced for Xbox One. Cell-shaded game. Episodic murder mystery.
- Project Spark Announced for Xbox One. Game creator game. Allows you to share your own game with others online. Uses Smartglass touch-screen devices compatibility to sculpt the game world you’re creating with story. Unclear how many genres you can make games for, but the show example was a tower defense game. 2D shooter and platformer shown.
- Xbox Smartglass demonstration shows how touch-screen devices give you a second-screen Xbox Live experience while playing a game, adds timeline, tips, friends list, smartmatch for multiplayer (Killer Instinct shown).
- Xbox One moves from Microsoft points to real money in your local currency. Xbox Live Gold Sharing for your entire household even when you’re not at home.
- Crimson Dragon Announced for Xbox One. From Panzer Dragoon & Phantom Dust creator.
- Dead Rising 3 Announced for Xbox One. Xbox One exclusive for release in the holiday 2013 season! Ultimate open world zombie game from Capcom. No load times promised thanks to the Xbox One’s power. 100’s of weapons in the game world, which you can also make endless combinations with. Smartglass allows you to call in some artillery support to take out hordes of zombies.
- The Witcher 3 E3 2013 trailer. First gameplay footage. Inventory management via Smartglass only on Xbox One. “The last part of the legend.” Multi-region open world.Hot mermaids included.
- Battlefield 4 E3 2013 trailer. 60FPS uncut gameplay footage shown on land, sea, and air. Dynamic gameplay promised. “Battlefield 4: Second Assault” expansion pck launches on Xbox One before anywhere else. Footage shows a team of soldiers fighting aboard the sinking Titan aircraft carrier. Armed military speedboat explosive action follows.
- Below Game Announced for Xbox One. From Superbrothers indie game creators. Slogan: “What. Lies. Below.”
- Black Tusk Game Announced for Xbox One. Xbox One exclusive future title. Black Tusk one of five new Microsoft game studios. Brief real-time footage shown.
- Halo 5 Announced for Xbox One. Another Xbox One exclusive future title. Set for 2014 release. Cinematic shows a cloaked Master Chief with a giant mech rising up from the sand in the desert. Promises dedicated servers. 60FPS for the first time.
- Xbox One Release Date = November 2013. You can reserve the “Day One Edition” for a price of $499 / €499 / £429. Launches in 21 countries across the world.
- Titanfall Announced for Xbox One. Exclusive on Xbox, could be both an Xbox 360 and Xbox One game. Story-driven multiplayer mechs game when humanity travels to a new planet. Wall-running and stealth gameplay video shown. Live gameplay demo shows the different fighters on a mission. Calling one of the Titan mechs to your location is what’s called “Get ready for Titanfall”.