What are the top 10 bestselling video games in America, Japan, and Europe? Thanks to Amazon online sales data here are the video games that are the hottest worldwide right now.
What follows is a listing of the Top 10 bestsellers per region, for all systems combined.
Watch The Latest Gaming News:
North America’s Top 10 Games:
1. StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm (PC/Mac)
2. SimCity (PC)
3. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Xbox 360)
4. God of War: Ascension (PS3)
5. Halo 4 (Xbox 360)
6. Just Dance 4 (Wii)
7. StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Collector’s Edition (PC/Mac)
8. SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition (PC/Mac)
9. NBA 2K13 (Xbox 360)
10. Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty (PC/Mac)
Blizzard’s 4.5-million-selling RTS StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty has received its first expansion pack with StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm. So it’s no surprise it is the #1 bestseller this week on the all-platforms chart.
Take a look at the StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm launch spot.
Heck, even Google Search went crazy this week if you typed in “Zerg Rush”!
Japan’s Top 10 Games:
1. Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS)
2. Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX (PS3)
3. Sword Art Online: Infinity moment – Limited Edition (PSP)
4. Far Cry 3 (PS3)
5. Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F (PS3)
6. Soul Sacrifice – Limited Edition (PS Vita)
7. Dragon Quest VII: Warriors of Eden (3DS)
8. Dynasty Warriors 7 – Limited Edition (PS3)
9. Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies (3DS)
10. Darkstalkers Resurrection (PS3)
Four months after launch Nintendo of Japan has sold over 2.8 million copies (2.802.940 according to Media Create). This makes it the first 3DS game to sell over 2 million this fast! No doubt this was helped by the half a million digital eShop sales, since it provided an alternative to get the game when right after launch retail stores sold out.
Here are the relaxing new Japanese Animal Crossing: New Leaf TV commercials.
The Nintendo 3DS-exclusive life-simulation game “Animal Crossing: New Leaf” is titled “Animal Forest: Jump Out” in Japan.It’s developed by the same creators as the previous DS & Wii versions. Making full use of the 3DS’ abilities, the game features much more customization around town on: your house’s walls & furniture, other people’s houses if you become town mayor, and even down to your character’s shirt, hat & accessories can all be changed at will. Oh and you can now swim in the ocean too!
Europe’s Top 10 Games:
1. Tomb Raider (PS3)
2. Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm (PC/Mac)
3. Tomb Raider (Xbox 360)
4. God of War: Ascension (PS3)
5. Simcity (PC/Mac)
6. The Sims 3: University Life (PC)
7. FIFA 13 (PS3)
8. Tomb Raider (PC)
9. FIFA 13 (Xbox 360)
10. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (PS3)
Square Enix launched the Crystal Dynamics-developed Tomb Raider reboot worldwide two weeks ago. Widely acclaimed as a breath of fresh air for the franchise, fans have been flocking to the action-adventure platforming title.
The company reported 1 million copies of the game were sold within 2 days of launch! 😮
Here’s the Tomb Raider TV commercial starring none other than Lara Croft.
To recap the top games per system:
- StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm debuts on first place on the PC & Mac charts worldwide.
- God of War: Ascension ties with Tomb Raider on the global PS3 chart.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II returns atop the Xbox 360 chart.
- Just Dance 4 rocks the 1st place on the Wii chart.
- Fire Emblem: Awakening rules the 3DS charts in the West, in the East Animal Crossing wins.
- New Super Mario Bros. reappears as #1 on the DS chart.
- New Super Mario Bros. U remains a bestseller on the Wii U chart.
- Lastly, Call of Duty: Black Ops: Declassified returns on the PS Vita chart.
Since last month PS2 & PSP game sales are no longer being tracked. But for years now 90% of the time they consisted out of all the Kingdom Hearts games appearing on the #1 spot on both classic PlayStation platforms, so it’s not like you’re missing out with no new games being released for them anymore.