What were the Top 10 best selling games in February 2013 in the United States?
The newest NPD numbers are in, and so are the top lists of the highest selling game systems and games for February in America.
Watch The Latest Gaming News:
Here is the full Top 10:
1. Dead Space 3 (360, PS3, PC) Electronic Arts — Sold 605,000 Units.
2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (360, PS3, Wii U PC)** Activision Blizzard
3. Crysis 3 (360, PS3, PC) Electronic Arts — Sold 260,000 Units.
4. NBA 2K13 (360, PS3, Wii, Wii U, PSP, PC)** Take-Two Interactive
5. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (PS3, 360)** Konami
6. Aliens: Colonial Marines 2013 (360, PS3, PC)** Sega
7. Just Dance 4 (Wii, 360, PS3, Wii U) Ubisoft
8. Far Cry 3 (360, PS3, PC) Ubisoft
9. Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (PS3, PSV) Sony
10. Madden NFL 13 (360, PS3, Wii, PSV, Wii U) Electronic Arts
11. Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS) — Sold 117,000 at retail + 63,000 digital.
** Includes CE, GOTY editions, bundles, etc. but not those bundled with hardware. Physical retail copies only.
The multiplatform Dead Space 3 release was a success for the survival-horror series! Here’s the TV commercial set to Phil Collins’ “In The Air Tonight” music:
System Sales in February 2013:
1. Xbox 360 — Sold 302,000 Units. (-29.1%)
2. PlayStation 3 — Sold 263,000 Units. (-26.9%)
3. Nintendo Wii U — Sold 66,000 Units.* (70% were Deluxe consoles)
* Based on previous months, the unknown sales of the other systems likely stack up to the 3DS, Wii and DS selling more than the Wii U, with the PS Vita and PSP selling the least.
More and more gamers are getting connected through Xbox Live and using Xbox 360 for both gaming and as a multimedia box.
Analysis of the game and hardware sales numbers:
Although NPD doesn´t by far track all digital sales, retail still gives a good impression of last month´s bestselling video games.
To quote NPD industry analyst Liam Callahan: “Though there was the same number of February launches in the top ten ranking as last February, collectively, February launches performed worse than last year with unit sales down 30 percent.”
On the hardware side the Xbox 360 claims king of the consoles. Holding 41 percent share of current-generation console sales.
During the month of February, Xbox 360 held five of the top 10 console game titles including: “Crysis 3,” “Aliens: Colonial Marines,” “Dead Space 3,” “Call of Duty: Black Ops II” and “NBA 2K13.”
To quote Mr. Callahan further: “Looking at hardware sales on an average per week basis, all platforms showed an increase from January into February. Specifically, new platforms like the Wii U and PS Vita demonstrated some momentum from the typical January hardware lull with increases of over 40 percent and 30 percent, respectively.”
[SKU = Stock Keeping Unit. In other words: each game sold.]