Top 10 Bestselling Video Games Worldwide in Week 10, 2013
What are the top 10 bestselling video games in America, Japan, and Europe? Thanks to Amazon online sales data here are the video games that are the hottest worldwide right now.
What follows is a listing of the Top 10 bestsellers per region, for all systems combined.
North America’s Top 10 Games:
1. SimCity (PC)
2. SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition (PC)
3. Halo 4 (Xbox 360)
4. Tomb Raider (PS3)
5. SimCity – Limited Edition (PC)
6. Tomb Raider (Xbox 360)
7. MLB 13 The Show (PS3)
8. The Sims 3: University Life (PC/Mac)
9. Just Dance 4 (Wii)
10. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Xbox 360)
EA’s 18-million-selling city-building SimCity series debuts high on the charts worldwide with SimCity (2013) for PC. While it’s recommended you wait a week to buy the game until the launch issues with the always-on online waiting times on busy servers have been ironed out, that certainly hasn’t stopped the likely million-plus fans from diving in after a decade-long wait for a sequel*. As a result it’s the #1 bestseller this week on the all-platforms chart.
Take a look at the funny SimCity TV spot with Mayor Pantsless.
*Over the first weekend EA fixed 80% of the issues. As an apology to SimCity players who have activated their game during these issues, on March 18th they will receive an email telling them how to redeem their free EA PC game download.
Japan’s Top 10 Games:
1. Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS)
2. Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F (PS3)
3. Far Cry 3 (PS3)
4. Soul Sacrifice – Limited Edition (PS Vita)
5. Dragon Quest VII: Warriors of Eden (3DS)
6. Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies (3DS)
7. Dynasty Warriors 7 – Limited Edition (PS3)
8. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance – Limited Edition (PS3)
9. Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus: The Girls’ Proof – Limited Edition (PS Vita)
10. Tales of Hearts R (PS Vita)
Four months after launch Nintendo of Japan has sold over 2.7 million copies (2.739.654 according to Media Create). This makes it the first 3DS game to sell over 2 million this fast! No doubt this was helped by the half a million digital eShop sales, since it provided an alternative to get the game when right after launch retail stores sold out.
Here are the relaxing new Japanese Animal Crossing: New Leaf TV commercials.
The Nintendo 3DS-exclusive life-simulation game “Animal Crossing: New Leaf” is titled “Animal Forest: Jump Out” in Japan.It’s developed by the same creators as the previous DS & Wii versions. Making full use of the 3DS’ abilities, the game features much more customization around town on: your house’s walls & furniture, other people’s houses if you become town mayor, and even down to your character’s shirt, hat & accessories can all be changed at will. Oh and you can now swim in the ocean too!
Europe’s Top 10 Games:
1. Tomb Raider (PS3)
2. Tomb Raider (Xbox 360)
3. SimCity (PC)
4. The Sims 3: University Life – Limited Edition (PC/Mac)
5. The Sims 3: University Life (PC/Mac)
6. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 (Xbox 360)
7. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 (PS3)
8. Halo 4 (Xbox 360)
9. Tomb Raider (PC)
10. FIFA 13 (PS3)
Square Enix launch the Crystal Dynamics-developed Tomb Raider reboot worldwide this week. Widely acclaimed as a breath of fresh air for the franchise, fans have been flocking to the action-adventure platforming title.
The company reported 1 million copies of the game were sold within 2 days of the Tuesday launch! 😮
Here’s the Tomb Raider TV commercial starring none other than Lara Croft.
To recap the top games per system:
- SimCity debuts on first place on the PC chart.
- Tomb Raider debuts atop the Xbox 360 & PS3 charts.
- The Sims 3: University Life debuts as #1 on the Mac chart.
- Just Dance 4 rocks the 1st place on the Wii chart.
- Fire Emblem: Awakening jumps on the 3DS chart at numero uno.
- Pokémon Black & White Version 2 reappear as #1 on the DS chart.
- New Super Mario Bros. U remains a bestseller on the Wii U chart.
- Lastly, MLB 13: The Show debuts with a homerun on the PS Vita chart.
Since last month PS2 & PSP game sales are no longer being tracked. But for years now 90% of the time they consisted out of all the Kingdom Hearts games appearing on the #1 spot on both classic PlayStation platforms, so it’s not like you’re missing out with no new games being released for them anymore.
Sales data collected from Amazon’s US, JPN (PC) & UK / DE / FR websites.
Tags: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, SimCity, Tomb Raider
Categories: 3DS News, DS News, Mac News, News, PC News, PS Vita News, PS3 News, Videos, Wii News, Wii U News, Xbox 360 News