How to unlock all Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 characters? That question will be answered in this guide that shows you how and who to unlock to get the full roster of characters on PS3 & Xbox 360.
To unlock all of the 80 playable and support characters in the game you basically have to finish the Story Mode. If you skip the cutscenes this can be done much faster. Or you can get them all by earning a lot of Ryo in-game. Details below.
Watch The Latest Gaming News:
This video shows the giant cast of characters in Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3. It’s got faces from the past VS the newcomers.
Index of Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Guides:
- This Page: How To Unlock All Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Characters
- Next Page: Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Costumes
- Next Page: Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Cheats
- Next Page: Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Walkthrough
- Next Page: Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Achievements Guide
- Next Page: Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Trophies Guide
How To Unlock Characters In Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3
Below we’ve listed the secret characters. Take the following steps to unlock them.
As mentioned before, almost all characters are unlocked once you encounter and beat them in Story Mode or finish their story completely. Up next we’ll reveal quicker methods to unlock them.
How To Unlock: To get Hokage Naruto, you must have Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations save data on the console you’re playing on.
How To Unlock: Have your own save data of the Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 and/or Generations game on your console to unlock almost all of those previous two games’ characters from the start.
Unlocking Method: If you want to try out the new characters right away without rushing through Story Mode to be able to play them. Then here’s a fast way to unlock all characters in under one hour.
Step 1) Go to Free Battle and select P1 vs P2;
Step 2) Set 1P handicap to Max;
Step 3) Pick Suigetsu for P1;
Step 4) Pick Hidden Rain Upper (this is a ringout stage);
Step 5) Instant awaken with him and spam jutsu at your opponent.
Step 6) The result: Using this fighting method successfully will Knock Out (KO) your opponent and at the same time knock them out of the stage. This will do two things for you that rack up your score: #1 is that each round will take less than 10 seconds to finish and earns you close to 14,0000 Ryo; #2 is that you’ll get a big bonus for winning via KO, jutsu, and being awakened.
Cool character milestones to reach by earning Ryo:
– Itachi, Madara and Nagato unlock at around 800,000 Ryo.
– Pain unlocks at 820,000 Ryo.
– The First Hokage and The Second Hokage unlock at 850,000 Ryo.
– The other of the playable 7 Jinchuuriki (Yugito Nii with 2-Tails Matatabi, Yagura with 3-Tails Isobu, Roshi with 4-Tails Son Goku, Han with 5-Tails Kokuo, Utakata with 6-Tails Saiken, Fu with 7-Tails Chomei & Killer B with 8-Tails Gyuki) unlock when around 870,000 Ryo is reached. For the rest you’ll have to finish “The Last Battle” in Chapter 10: The Way to Peace.
– Most of the rest of the characters unlock at about 1.2 Million Ryo.
– EMS Sasuke is the last unlock at 1.5 Million Ryo (confirmed by John).
Alternatively, try beating Nagato in Chapter 9: Fight of the Kage, and beating Madara in Chapter 10: The Way to Peace.
For the support characters (Cee, Ao, Akatsuchi, Chojuro, Kurotsuchi, Foo & Torune) beat Raikage & Mizukage in Chapter 1: The Five Kage Summit and beat Danzo in Chapter 2: Team 7 Assembles.
Here’s a close-up of the top image with all 9 Jinchuuriki and their tailed beasts. Click on the thumbnail to enlarge the picture:
This video shows the complete Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 roster of playable characters:
Big thanks for tips to: Namco Bandai, ShakaV & Joe.
Please share Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 character unlocking tips you’ve discovered in the comments section below, we’ll give you credit for it. And if you need help anywhere else, ask away.
Thanks for visiting!