Our Metal Gear Rising Revengeance walkthrough will guide you through the beginning to ending moments of gameplay with strategy tips for this hack ‘n slash action game on the PS3 & Xbox 360.
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance takes the renowned Metal Gear series into exciting new territory by focusing on delivering an all-new action experience unlike anything that has come before. The game introduces Raiden as the central character; a child soldier transformed into a half-man, half-machine cyborg ninja, equipped with a high-frequency katana blade and a soul fueled by revenge.
Let’s start the Metal Gear Rising Revengeance walkthrough with a story introduction video by Masaya Kobayashi!
Please note that viewers must be at least 18 to watch, so no harm comes to those with innocent eyes. This game includes Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, Strong Language.
Table of Contents
- File R-00: Guard Duty & Metal Gear RAY Boss Fight
- File R-01: Coup d’Etat & Mistral Boss Fight
- File R-02: Research Facility
- File R-03: Mile High & Monsoon Boss Fight
- File R-04: Hostile Takeover & Sundowner Boss Fight
- File R-05: Escape From Denver
- File R-06: Badlands Showdown AKA Jetstream Sam Boss Fight
- File R-07: Assassination Attempt, Metal Gear EXELSUS Boss Fight & Final Boss Fight
Index of Metal Gear Rising Revengeance Guides:
- This Page: Metal Gear Rising Revengeance Walkthrough
- Next Page: Metal Gear Rising Revengeance Cheats
- Next Page: Metal Gear Rising Revengeance VR Missions Walkthrough
- Next Page: Metal Gear Rising Revengeance VR Missions Locations Guide
- Next Page: Metal Gear Rising Revengeance Left Arms Locations Guide
- Next Page: Metal Gear Rising Revengeance Data Storage Devices Locations Guide
- Next Page: Metal Gear Rising Revengeance Men In Boxes Locations Guide
- Next Page: Metal Gear Rising Revengeance Costumes
- Next Page: Metal Gear Rising Revengeance Humanoid Dwarf Gekkos Locations Guide
- Next Page: Metal Gear Rising Revengeance Civilians Locations Guide
- Next Page: Metal Gear Rising Revengeance Gun Cameras Locations Guide
- Next Page: Metal Gear Rising Revengeance Achievements Guide
- Next Page: Metal Gear Rising Revengeance Trophies Guide
- Next Page: Metal Gear Rising Revengeance Easter Eggs
- Next Page: Metal Gear Rising Revengeance Weapons Guide
- Next Page: Metal Gear Rising Revengeance Money Cheat
Metal Gear Rising Revengeance Walkthrough
In the near future, cyborg technology has become commonplace throughout society. Three years have passed since the collapse of the Patriots system that had been secretly controlling the global power balance from the shadows. However, peace remains elusive. The dissemination of cybernetic technology has triggered instability and conflict as those who control the trade gain increasing power. Furthermore, large ‘Private Military Companies’, or PMC’s, that had been supported and controlled by the Patriots have collapsed, spawning countless rogue entities with origins to larger criminal organizations. These renegade PMCs employing cyborg technology have become increasingly more disruptive shifting policy and power at will. As a member of the peace-keeping PMC ‘Maverick Security’, Raiden lives by the mantra of protecting and saving lives. But as the world plunges further into asymmetric warfare, the only path that leads him forward is rooted in resolving his past, and carving through anything that stands in his way.
Combining world-class development teams at Kojima Productions and Platinum Games, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance brings two of the world’s most respected teams together with a common goal of providing players with a fresh synergetic experience that combines the best elements of pure action and epic storytelling, all within the expansive Metal Gear universe.
Key Game Features:
- The latest Metal Gear console experience featuring an all-new style of frenetic action gameplay and central character, Raiden, a cyborg ninja who uses his High Frequency katana blade to cut through any thing that stands in his vengeful path!
- New game design, the birth of a new type of MG experience: Combining development powerhouses Kojima Productions and Platinum Games together, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will offer a fast & fluid game style centered on katana-based combat within the METAL GEAR universe.
- Advanced technology: Produced by a hybrid team of renowned developers, the in-game technology promises to push the boundaries of graphics, style and lightning-speed action gameplay.
- ‘ZanDatsu’ cut mechanic: Within the game world, players will be able to take advantage of what has been created- “an all-encompassing cutting plane in real time”. Cut anything, anytime, anywhere.
- Epic story in the vein of what Metal Gear is known and loved for: The game takes place after the events of METAL GEAR SOLID 4 where the world has fallen into chaos with cyborg crimes & terrorism running rampant in society. Delves into the continuing story of Raiden, a child-soldier turned cyborg ninja who’s origins are connected to both Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty and Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots.
Four years have passed since the “Guns of the Patriots” and the collapse of the system that had been controlling world affairs from the shadows. Free from Patriot control, cyborg technology has proliferated the world’s major private military companies (PMCs) have splintered into countless smaller entities sparking new conflicts around the globe.
Raiden, retired from active battle, is a member of a peace keeping PMC known as Maverick Security Consulting. However, a routine mission to guard the prime minister of a developing African nation turns deadly when cyborgs from a rival PMC known as “Desperado Enforcement” attacks Raiden’s caravan.
Held at bay by a mysterious swordsman known as “Sam” Raiden can do nothing but watch helplessly as the prime minister is killed before his eyes. In the boss battle that ensues, he cannot win, and Raiden loses his left eye and left arm to Sam before barely escaping with his life.
Let’s get the Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance walkthrough started!
Guiding you with voice-over tips, shock & awe is Doug. 🙂
The first mission does not only have a Metal Gear RAY Boss Fight, but also ends with the first Sam sword fight encounter.
Tip: How do you open up silver crates? Instead of the usual red crates, there are silver crates with blue lights on them as well. You can open up these silver crates by going into Blade Mode and cutting through the lock.
In the weeks after the attack, Raiden learns that Desperado is leading a military coup in the nation of Abkhazia.
Equipped with a powerful new cyborg body, Raiden heads to Abkhazia capital, Sukhumi, on a mission to halt the coup and settle the score with Desperado once and for all.
Part 2 of File R-01 concludes this second mission.
Objective: Head to the indicated waypoint.
This mission ends with the Mistral Boss Fight.
Tip: How to open up the gate blocking your way?
Method 1 is to use Enhanced Mode to find out which soldier’s left arm to cut off to obtain the ID data you need to progress through the gate. It’s one of the soldier that come out of the APC near the gate.
Method 2 is to cut through the gate with your sword and eliminate all resistance, the hard way.
Objective: Find a way into the research facility.
Part 2 of File R-02 concludes this third mission, as Raiden goes to save the kids.
Objective: Search the research facility and find the captive children.
Metal Gear Rising Revengeance Walkthrough continues on Page 2 with File R-03.