What are the top 10 bestselling video games in America, Japan, and Europe? Thanks to Amazon online sales data here are the video games that are the hottest worldwide right now.
What follows is a listing of the Top 10 bestsellers per region, for all systems combined.
Watch The Latest Gaming News:
North America’s Top 10 Games:
1. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Xbox 360)
2. Just Dance 4 (Wii)
3. Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS)
4. Halo 4 (Xbox 360)
5. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (PS3)
6. Resident Evil 6 (PS3)
7. NBA 2K13 (Xbox 360)
8. NBA 2K13 (PS3)
9. Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (PS3)
10. The Sims 3: Generations (PC/Mac)
Activision’s 100-million-selling blockbuster Call of Duty series stays high on the charts worldwide with Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. It’s one of the biggest entertainment launches of 2012, selling over 7.5 million copies in the USA alone in its first two weeks on sale. In 2013 new DLC continues to add new players
Take a look at the funny Call of Duty: Black Ops II Revolution DLC trailer.
Japan’s Top 10 Games:
1. Dragon Quest VII: Warriors of Eden (3DS)
2. Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS)
3. Taiko Drum Master Wii: Do Don and the Second Generation! – Super Deluxe Edition including Drum (Wii)
4. Amnesia – Limited Edition (PSP)
5. Fantasy Life (3DS)
6. Monster Hunter 3 (Tri) G (3DS)
7. Call of Duty: Black Ops II – Dubbed Version (PS3)
8. Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney (3DS)
9. Amnesia Later – Limited Edition (PSP)
10. New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS)
Square Enix has released the Dragon Quest VII 3D remake with the subtitle “Warriors of Eden” in Japan last week, when it sold 827,922 copies! The biggest change aside from the new 3D graphics, is the random encounters being replaced with visible enemy encounters. Oh and you can exchange art via StreetPass. The meat of the game is of course that it can take 100’s of hours to complete!
No Western release announcement has been made, but the previous two games got English translations on DS, so fingers crossed.
Here are the live-action Japanese Dragon Quest VII TV commercials* in one long-form clip.
* The commercials are titled: “Town Square,” “The Mysterious Stone,” and “The Adventure Begins.” The cosplays you see are Prince Kiefer and Wolf boy Gabo, as they try to shake off the redhead dancer Aira.
Europe’s Top 10 Games:
1. FIFA 13 (Xbox 360)
2. FIFA 13 (PS3)
3. Aliens: Colonial Marines: Limited Edition (Xbox 360)
4. Halo 4 (Xbox 360)
5. Just Dance 4 (Wii)
6. Far Cry 3 (Xbox 360)
7. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Xbox 360)
8. Dead Space 3 (Xbox 360)
9. Aliens: Colonial Marines: Limited Edition (PS3)
10. Assassin’s Creed 3 (PS3)
Another year, another FIFA video game from EA Canada! Once again featuring gameplay improvements, FIFA 13 adds support for the PlayStation Move and Kinect controllers. Try cursing if you disagree with the ref and see how he likes it haha! I think you get a red card. 😉
Here’s the full FIFA 13 TV commercial starring Lionel Messi, Karim Benzema, Joe Hart, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and more.
To recap the top games per system:
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II becomes top dog on the Xbox 360 & PS3 charts.
- Just Dance 4 dances to 1st place on the Wii chart.
- Fire Emblem: Awakening jumps on the 3DS chart at numero uno.
- The Sims 3: Generations takes first place on the PC & Mac charts.
- Pokémon Black & White Version 2 reappear as #1 on the DS chart.
- New Super Mario Bros. U remains a bestseller on the Wii U chart.
- The Call of Duty: Black Ops: Declassified bundle is 1st on the PS Vita chart.
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted is still on the PSP chart.
- Lastly, Kingdom Hearts stays popular after 11 years in the PS2 chart’s Top 100!