What are the top 10 bestselling video games in America, Japan, and Europe? Thanks to Amazon online sales data here are the video games that are the hottest worldwide right now.
What follows is a listing of the Top 10 bestsellers per region, for all systems combined.
Watch The Latest Gaming News:
North America’s Top 10 Games:
1. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Xbox 360)
2. Just Dance 4 (Wii)
3. Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (PS3)
4. The Walking Dead Game (PC)
5. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (PS3)
6. Tera Online (PC)
7. Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition (PC)
8. Max Payne 3 (PC)
9. FIFA Soccer 13 (PS3)
10. Assassin’s Creed III (PS3)
Activision’s 100-million-selling blockbuster Call of Duty series stays high on the charts worldwide with Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. It’s one of the biggest entertainment launches of 2012, selling over 7.5 million copies in the USA alone in its first two weeks on sale. In 2013 new DLC continues to add new players
Take a look at the funny Call of Duty: Black Ops II Revolution DLC trailer.
Japan’s Top 10 Games:
1. Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS)
2. Fantasy Life (3DS)
3. Amnesia – Limited Edition (PSP)
4. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royal (PS3)
5. Call of Duty: Black Ops II – Dubbed Version (Xbox 360)
6. Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney (3DS)
7. Demon Gaze (PS Vita)
8. Monster Hunter 3 (Tri) G (3DS)
9. Hitman: Absolution (PS3)
10. DmC: Devil May Cry (PS3)
Over two months later Nintendo of Japan has sold almost 2.4 million copies (2.366.126 according to Media Create), making it the first 3DS game to sell over 2 million this fast! No doubt this was helped by the half a million digital eShop sales, since it provided an alternative to get the game when right after launch retail stores sold out.
Here are the relaxing new Japanese Animal Crossing: New Leaf TV commercials.
The Nintendo 3DS-exclusive life-simulation game “Animal Crossing: New Leaf” is titled “Animal Forest: Jump Out” in Japan.It’s developed by the same creators as the previous DS & Wii versions. Making full use of the 3DS’ abilities, the game features much more customization around town on: your house’s walls & furniture, other people’s houses if you become town mayor, and even down to your character’s shirt, hat & accessories can all be changed at will. Oh and you can now swim in the ocean too!
Europe’s Top 10 Games:
1. Just Dance 4 (Wii)
2. Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (PS3)
3. FIFA 13 (PS3)
4. Football Manager 2013 (PC/Mac)
5. Far Cry 3 (Xbox 360)
6. FIFA 13 (Xbox 360)
7. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Xbox 360)
8. Halo 4 (Xbox 360)
9. Hitman: HD Trilogy (Xbox 360)
10. Hitman: HD Trilogy (PS3)
Ubisoft’s 25-million-selling blockbuster Just Dance series stays high on the charts with Just Dance 4 on Wii, Wii U, Xbox 360 Kinect, and PlayStation 3 Move. Just Dance 3 sold over 7 million copies, so it’s still safe to say the newest dancing game is set to entertain millions more all year!
Take a look at the official Just Dance 4 TV commercial.
To recap the top games per system:
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II becomes top dog on the Xbox 360 chart.
- Just Dance 4 dances to 1st place on the Wii chart.
- Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch stays at #1 on the PS3 chart.
- The Walking Dead Game retakes first place on the PC chart.
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 jumps on the 3DS chart at numero uno.
- New Super Mario Bros reappears as #1 on the DS chart.
- New Super Mario Bros. U remains a bestseller on the Wii U chart.
- The Sims 3 Supernatural takes first place on the Mac chart.
- The Call of Duty: Black Ops: Declassified bundle is 1st on the PS Vita chart.
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted is still on the PSP chart.
- Lastly, Kingdom Hearts II stays popular after 7 years in the PS2 chart’s Top 100!