Gearbox Software’s latest Borderlands 2 title update and new videos have revealed the first details for the 4th Borderlands 2 DLC — after the Mechromancer Pack, Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate’s Booty & Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage — called Borderlands 2: Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt. Which has been given a release date of January 15, 2013 on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Windows PC and Mac.
Introduction: “Danger! Excitement! Mustaches! It’s time for another episode of Vault Hunter Adventures, featuring Sir Hammerlock! In this week’s tale, our hard-boiled heroes travel to the savage continent of Aegrus! Their goal? To uncover the most exotic creatures Pandora has to offer, and give ’em the old one-two!”
Watch The Latest Gaming News:
Here’s the first Borderlands 2: Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt teaser video:
Key Features of Borderlands 2: Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt:
- One new head and one new skin for each class. 30 new character customisation options in three packs including a new head and a new skin per character, known as the Domination, Supremacy and Madness Packs.
- A new vehicle – the fanboat (summoned from a Catch-A-Boat station), with 68 of its own skins and corrosive, incendiary, and shock weapon mods.
- Currently 12 side missions and 5 longer main story missions.
- A new raid boss (“Imagine, if you will, a Stalker the size of a small building. Now imagine yourself killing it.”).
- More new Seraph items.
- New kinds of enemies, like the borok and the scaylion.
- Lots of monster-tracking side missions assigned by Sir Hammerlock.
- A new swamp/jungle continent named Aegrus.
- A self-important but not-so-well-known new enemy who is “super-pumped we’re archenemies now”, and who leads a tribe of jungle savages and has an evil plan that might actually work.
- A new treasure room brimming with goodies… but with a time limit.
Watch the first 30 minutes of Borderlands 2: Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt here: