This Epic Mickey 2 walkthrough will guide you through the beginning to ending moments of gameplay with strategy tips for this Action-Adventure Platformer on the Wii, Wii U, Xbox 360, PS3, PC & Mac.
The Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two walkthrough shows you all of the Action-Adventure Platforming game set in the Disney themed gameworld of Wasteland. The game utilizes the same open-ended, environment-manipulating play mechanics of the original Disney Epic Mickey to create a unique experience that lets players create their own paths through game levels. The game features both Mickey Mouse and Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, each with their own tools of environment manipulation. Additional features include, forgotten Disney characters and attractions, all-new levels, professional voice acting, Disney-inspired music and lyric, drop-in and dropout two-player co-op support.
Watch The Latest Gaming News:
Let’s start the Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two walkthrough with an introduction video by the game’s creators!
Suitable to viewers of all ages. This game does include Cartoon Violence, so the recommended minimum age is 7 years old.
Table of Contents
- Prologue: Yen Sid’s Lab
- Episode 1: A Family Reunion
- Episode 2: A Small Mystery
- Episode 3: Into the Depths
Index of Epic Mickey 2 Guides:
- This Page: Epic Mickey 2 Walkthrough
- Next Page: Epic Mickey 2 Cheats
- Next Page: Epic Mickey 2 Pins Locations Guide
- Next Page: Epic Mickey 2 Achievements & Trophies Guide
Epic Mickey 2 Walkthrough
Unleash the “Power of the Brush” in a whole new way. Join Mickey and Oswald in an epic battle to save the magical world of Wasteland and change it forever. Interact with your favorite characters like never before in the most heroic adventure yet.
In Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two, gamers will play as Mickey Mouse and for the first time ever, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, Walt Disney’s first cartoon star, in an all-new adventure of creativity and discovery. Created by industry luminary Warren Spector and Disney Interactive’s Junction Point game development studio, Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two comes to Next-Gen game consoles for the first time.
Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two returns Mickey Mouse and Oswald the Lucky Rabbit to Wasteland, an alternate world filled with 80 years of forgotten Disney characters and theme park attractions. But for the first time, Mickey and Oswald will join forces as true partners – Mickey with his magical paint brush that wields paint and thinner, and Oswald with his powerful remote control that allows him to command electricity. This new co-op play combined with enhanced in-game physics will further enhance the idea that “PlayStyle Matters” – a unique approach to gameplay pioneered by Warren Spector where players dynamically tackle different challenges in order to explore all possibilities and storylines, but with consequences for their chosen actions.
Key Game Features:
- Players can play as Oswald in drop-in, dropout 2-player co-op mode. The Power of Two will be evident as Oswald participates in Mickey’s adventure every step of the way.
- All in-game characters — most notably Oswald The Lucky Rabbit whose voice will be heard for the first time ever — are fully voiced by the official voice actors of those characters. They are: Bret Iwan as Mickey Mouse, Frank Welker as Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, Audrey Wasilewski as Ortensia, and Cary Elwes as Gremlin Gus.
- Players will experience Disney’s forgotten characters and attractions in all-new levels and further explore levels from the original Disney Epic Mickey game, but now changed, impacted by world-changing events that have shaken Wasteland apart. New 2D levels based on classic Disney animated films and shorts will offer compelling puzzle-based, platforming gameplay.
- Players enjoy an original game story CO-written by award-winning American comic book writer, Marv Wolfman, and Junction Point. The storyline features a variety of new and returning characters that further immerse players in Disney’s rich history while adversaries familiar and new will challenge players.
- Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two is the first video game that can be described as a “musical,” where at various points during the adventure characters will express themselves and advance the plot by bursting into song. All songs feature original Disney-inspired music and lyrics. Players will also hear tunes and instrumentation that change based on their personal choices, which will ultimately allow each individual to “conduct” their own unique soundtrack.
- The Disney Epic Mickey franchise comes to Next Gen consoles with HD graphics for the first time.
The Mad Doctor
Oswald is approached by the Mad Doctor. He claims he comes to repair the damage done by the earthquake and the rising threat from evil creatures. Mickey is summoned to the Wasteland.
Find the entrance to the Mean Street Underground near the Mad Hatter.
How To Start 2-Player Co-Op In Epic Mickey 2?: First, turn on the second player’s controller. Second, to get two players on Wii just click the “2” button on the second Wii Remote to join the game in split-screen co-op mode. – Thanks for the hint about this frequently asked question, Oswald 2 player!
Mickey and Oswald make their way out of the crumbling castle.
Mad Doctor’s Song
The Mad Doctor sings about how Wasteland is in danger from Blotlings. Mickey’s first task is to find a way to fix the projectors.
Fixing the Windmill
Mickey interacts with the shopkeepers and gets some scrap metal for Gremlin Jamface to fix the windmill.
Mickey and Oswald need to get to Rainbow Falls but the DEC isn’t working. They ask Prescott how to fix it.
Devil and Angel Caverns
Mickey and Oswald navigate the treacherous Devil and Angel Caverns.
Mickey and Oswald go to Disney Gulch where they are introduced to the battery sphere. A spherical ball of energy used to power the contraptions hanging about Wasteland.
The Mad Doctor’s Lab & Dragon Robot Boss Fight
Mickey and Oswald get ambushed by a giant Dragon Robot. Afterwards, they learn that the Mad Doctor’s animatronic parts are breaking down.
Boss fight tips: When the boss fight starts, avoid the dragon’s fist slams, which are luckily announced in time by the dragon raising its fist and only have a small hit area, but if it does hit it can be enough to knock you into the lava.
There’s plenty of health and paint/thinner to keep you going easily, though. For example by smashing gears, or from the falling rocks after they smash open on the floor.
Be sure to avoid his second attack method too, which instead of breathing fire will breathe thinner that removes parts of the circle platform you’re standing on; so be careful to keep moving to avoid the thinner as the dragon tries to fire it at you.
To make it easier on yourself to fully paint/thin the dragon, you can use Oswald’s shock attack to stun the dragon or use Fairy Sketch from fallen rocks to daze the dragon. After you’re finished painting/thinning (each time) you’ll see a Splatter pilot appear from the dragon’s head and later chest, as soon as you see it paint/thin the Splatter pilot until it’s gone!
During the second part of the fight you’ll have to do a lot of running, as the dragon’s air/earthquake attacks will loosen the ceiling and will drop lots of rocks down onto you. Aside from avoiding them, a good tip here is to pick up all the powerups that come out of the rocks after they hit the floor, as they’ll contain Watch Sketch that you can use to slow down time for the next time rocks fall at you or for when the dragon attacks you with its dangerous tail.
How to defeat the Blotworx Dragon using paint: Fill in his entire toon shell with paint, you can tell it’s working when the color changes from see-through to green with yellow dots. Paint the toon shell twice to get a Friendly Dragon pin at Mean Street South. – Painting redeems the dragon instead of killing it.
How to defeat the Blotworx Dragon using thinner: During the fist slam attack stage of the fight, you must first thin out the dragon. Then later in the fight when that’s done, you follow it up by thinning out the pillars that are holding up the roof (well, they are until you remove them hehe!) and then the roof will come crashing down onto the dragon. Beating the dragon this way will get you a Ring of Fire pin.
Epic Mickey 2 Walkthrough continues on Page 2 with Episode 2.