Here’s the Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Perks Guide with the full Black Ops 2 Perks list for you to peruse and see how each Perk can be unlocked.
Black Ops 2 multiplayer designer, David Vondehaar, has been quoted as saying the new Perks System progress is simplified yet expanded.
Watch The Latest Gaming News:
To quote the C&VG Magazine interview: “Perks were pretty important for us to rethink, because they were getting too complex. You had perks, perk pros, perks that influence you, perks that influence your gun, perks that influence team mates. We’ve simplified that so perks only ever affect your character, and more importantly, Black Ops II’s perks aren’t absolutes. In Black Ops our only balancing options were to remove the perk or keep it; now we can tune any perk by increments to nerf it or improve it.
I can nerf perks and I will, mark my words. A perk should never be something you need just to compete. A perk is ‘I got a parking spot,’ or ‘the soda machine gave me free soda.’ Your life shouldn’t depend on it. The community helped me understand that, and that’s why our new system has no absolutes. We can try to make it the most balanced CoD ever.” This is why there’s no more Last/Final Stand nor Second Chance in multiplayer.
Index of Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Guides:
- This Page: Black Ops 2 Perks Guide
- Next Page: Black Ops 2 Weapons Guide
- Next Page: Black Ops 2 Intel Locations Guide
- Next Page: Black Ops 2 Cheats
- Next Page: Black Ops 2 Easter Eggs
- Next Page: Black Ops 2 Walkthrough
- Next Page: Black Ops 2 Achievements & Trophies Guide
- Next Page: Black Ops 2 Tower of Babble
Black Ops 2 Perks Guide
Here’s the Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Perks list in alphabetical order. This guide shows you when you can unlock each perk.
Tier 1 Perks / Blue Perks:
- 1. Blind Eye — Undetectable by enemy AI-controlled perks. Unlocks at Level 5.
- 2. Flak Jacket — Take less explosive damage. Unlocks at Level 32.
- 3. Ghost — Cannot be detected by enemy UAVs while moving. Unlocks at Level 55.
- 4. Hardline — Receive bonus score points. Unlocks at Level 4.
- 5. Lightweight — Move faster, take no fall damage. Unlocks at Level 4.
Tier 2 Perks / Green Perks:
- 6. Cold-blooded — Undetectable by targeting systems including Dual Band, Target Finder, Sensor Grenades and player-controlled aircraft. Unlocks at Level 4.
- 7. Fast Hands — Swap grenades faster, use grenades and equipment faster, and safely throw back frag grenades. Unlocks at Level 8.
- 8. Hard-wired — Immune to counter-UAV and enemy EMPs. Unlocks at Level 26.
- 9. Scavenger — Replenish ammo and grenades from fallen enemies. Unlocks at Level 44.
- 10. Toughness — Flinch less when shot. Unlocks at Level 4.
Tier 3 Perks / Brown Perks:
- 11. Awareness — Enemy movements are louder. Unlocks at Level 50.
- 12. Dead Silence — Move silently. Unlocks at Level 38.
- 13. Dexterity — Climb ladders and mantle over objects faster, recover from melee faster and aim faster after sprinting. Unlocks at Level 4.
- 14. Engineer — Show enemy equipment in the world, delay explosives, re-roll and booby trap care packages. Unlocks at Level 14.
- 15. Extreme Conditioning — Sprint for a longer duration. Unlocks at Level 4.
- 16. Tactical Mask — Reduce the effects of flash, concussion and shock charges. Unlocks at Level 20.
This video guide shows a breakdown of all the Perks in Black Ops 2: