Halo 4 Maps Guide
7 November 2012
Posted by:Ferry Groenendijk
In this Halo 4 Maps Guide you get a good look at all core Halo 4 Multiplayer (War Games) Maps!
For a full overview of the 13 multiplayer maps available in Halo 4 and to see at how many minutes they appear in this video guide, check the maps timeline and list below the video.
Halo 4 Maps Guide
Watch the introduction to each map:
Haven – 0:09 minutes
Adrift – 1:10 minutes
Longbow – 2:27 minutes
Exile – 3:08 minutes
Solace – 4:11 minutes
Complex – 5:06 minutes
Abandon – 5:49 minutes
Ragnarok – 6:44 minutes
Meltdown – 7:52 minutes
Vortex – 8:58 minutes
Top 13 Halo 4 Multiplayer Maps:
Halo 4 Maps List
- Haven — Map Description: Resting high above Requiem’s surface, harmonic-resonance platforms appear to facilitate the monitoring and management of the shield world’s solar preservation system. These elaborate machines enable artificial planets to support their immense populations of indigenous life.
- Adrift — Map Description: Although this CAA mining vessel was refitted as an ordnance transport, damage sustained during the Battle of Kholo has condemned it to an inescapable slide down the gravity well of a gas giant. On board, its automated systems continue unabated, their operations executed in eerie futility as they drift ever-closer to destruction.
- Longbow — Map Description: The frigid climate and unique gravitational conditions of Concord’s northern polar region provide an optimal perch for Longbow Station’s channel-based mass drivers. Before the Covenant War, the UEG launched deep space monitoring relays from here in an effort to study far-flung star systems.
- Solace — Map Description: According to data retrieved from these installations, Forerunner stellar engineers, colloquially dubbed ‘plasma jockeys,’ were capable of suspending the perilous death of certain stars. Due to the tremendous volumes of energy involved in this process, such endeavors were rarely entertained, much less executed.
- Abandon — Map Description: On the remote world of Erebus VII, at the very edge of human-occupied space, an ONI research facility which was once teaming with researchers now lies eerily vacant. Although the hostility of this world has been initially considered by its team leaders, it is tragically clear that a great many ‘things’ had simply not been taken into account..
- Exile — Map Description: Miraculously, the survivors of the UNSC Diadochi’s violent crash managed to not only recover provisions from the vessel’s debris field, but also use it as a makeshift shelter for several years. When rescue and recovery teams finally arrived, they were surprised to discover a healthy, burgeoning community thriving within the ship’s remains..
- Meltdown — Map Description: While most Forerunner technology appears to support safe usage over immense passages of time, the failure of specific systems can cause a cascading effect which dramatically impacts a site’s foundational composition. This frigid moon’s icy conditions once served to control a Forerunner reactor’s intense heat, but those days are now long gone.
- Vortex — Map Description: The Forerunner structures which occupy Requiem’s equatorial caverns appear to generate power by harnessing its violent squalls. Onsite personnel believe that a full understanding of such a technology would offer the UEG substantial amounts of affordable, clean energy. Nevertheless, its internal mechanisms remain enigmatic.
- Ragnarok — Map Description: Some scientists believe that the Forerunners placed spire beacons within deep chasms to protect them from offworld debris and other external threats, while others believe they used the steep environment’s natural harmonics to amplify signals when firing deep into space.
- Impact — Map Description: This observation outpost was established to examine the site of a spectacularly violent meteor collision recorded by an ONI patrol drone in 2547. When researchers first arrived, they were startled to find a non-native fragment of the impacting agent had actually survived and was of unknown origin. More recently, interest in the site has grown as the fragment has proven to have originated from long before the earliest of known Forerunner artifacts.
- Ravine — Map Description: When ONI dispatched its first expeditionary group to this sector, it was believed that these impressive citadels were individual constructs strategically organized to protect this portion of Requiem. Teams on the ground now believe that they are actually the ramparts and battlements of an impossibly large structure below the surface of the sea.
- Complex — Map Description: With the presence of numerous hostile entities on Requiem, ONI rigidly enforces a ‘Persistent Field Resilience’ mandate requiring that all science detachments (1) maintain onsite weapon caches, (2) optimize the site’s layout to meet ONI spec for defensive emergencies, and (3) retain an escort of well-trained military personnel.
- Erosion — Map Description: With hundreds of human colonies now razed in the wake of the Covenant War, the UNSC has dispatched large numbers of advanced pioneer groups to survey potential new worlds. The discovery of Eudemon X49-05 was considered lucky, but concerns remain about the moon’s structural integrity.
Credits: Xbox & 3plav3
What’s your favorite Halo 4 map to play on?
Tags: Halo 4
Categories: Guides, News, Videos, Xbox 360 Guides