Here are some of the recently discovered Assassin’s Creed 3 glitches.
Note that these can of course get patched by Ubisoft at any time. But you should be able to see the here-under listed glitches for yourself, if they look like fun to you. 🙂
Watch The Latest Gaming News:
Index of Assassin’s Creed 3 Guides:
- This Page: Assassin’s Creed 3 Glitches
- Next Page: Assassin’s Creed 3 Walkthrough
- Next Page: Assassin’s Creed 3 Cheats
- Next Page: Assassin’s Creed 3 Achievements & Trophies Guide
- Next Page: Assassin’s Creed 3 Almanac Pages Locations Guide
- Next Page: Assassin’s Creed 3 Easter Eggs
- Next Page: Assassin’s Creed 3 Outfits: How To Unlock
- Next Page: Assassin’s Creed 3 Multiplayer Characters: How To Unlock
- Next Page: Assassin’s Creed 3 Weapons Guide
- Next Page: Assassin’s Creed 3 Secrets
Assassin’s Creed 3 Glitches
Horses Like Hay Glitch
During “Mission 2: Johnson’s Errand” in “Sequence 2: Mystery Guest” you encounter horses eating hay pretty regularly (I hear horses like hay). Sometimes the game will glitch out as you walk by and have one of the horses stuck in its feeding area, standing with its hooves on the bail of hay instead of eating it! It’s like it’s trying to step on its food or something, haha.
The glitch takes it to the next level when you mount such a glitched horse, forcing the entire horse (and you with it) to stand on the bail of hay but leaving it unable to walk anywhere else but that tiny part of the game! Luckily you can still dismount the horse and carry on, but the horse will forever be stuck; and if it weren’t for all that hay it would surely die. 😛
Here you can see a horse stuck on bail of hay at 4:10 minutes into this video:
Mounting him glitches the horse to have spastic movements, while at the same time getting it stuck on top of the hay feeding bag/rack.
It’s in this same area, but a little later when you must retrieve the stolen chest in “Mission 2: Johnson’s Errand” after you blow up the gate with the explosive barrels next to it, that you’ll find a ragdoll psysics glitch in the game have left the dead enemies in some funny positions on the ground. Mostly with dead enemies pointing one of their arms straight up to the sky!
Exiting this area will often reveal a floating musket glitch, that leaves the weapon magically floating in the air for no apparent reason. It likely belonged to vanished enemies that tried to ambush you for your chest. So that’s another weird glitch.
Disappearing Enemies Glitch
Here’s a useful glitch if you’re looking to quickly help the hanging man during “Sequence 5: The Day the Templars Cried” in “Mission: A Boorish Man / The Whittler’s Weapons”.
As you try and save the hanging man from the enemies that are assaulting him, you must first climb the rocks to reach them, but instead of fighting them you may get pushed off the cliff. Survive the fall, and then when you climb back up the game can glitch on you making the enemies disappear! – At the end of talking to the man “you” saved, you’ll also get the “House Party” achievement/trophy.
Watch the step-by-step guide to see how to glitch the game into beating the enemies for you:
Rope Dart Air Launch Glitch
This air jump glitch was done after throwing a rope dart at an enemy, which resulted in being launched way up in the air as the video shows!
It was done during the “Reach Johnson (undetected) at the meeting hall atop the cliff” mission in Sequence 6. View the video to see where on the map this happens.
North Boston Liberation Map Glitch
For those with the map problem in Assassin’s Creed 3, this is the location of the “North Boston Liberation” mission in Sequence 8 that disappears often in a glitch.
Underground Wall Glitch
In the underground Boston tunnels there’s a glitched out wall. It’s next to the secret room that has a special door u have to open. There is a graphics glitch in the wall. It looks as if there is some missing code there. Can anyone figure out what it’s supposed to be?
Thanks for your glitch comments everyone, 25 and counting! With the glitches happening all over the game at random — making it difficult to pinpoint a reproduction method — I’m adding the glitches that have video footage of them. Luckily a lot of these have already been solved, because…
…Ubisoft has fixed many glitches during the game’s launch week. Here are the patch details:
General Glitch Fixes:
– Animus Synching tutorial, fixed an issue where the player could think he’s stuck in an infinite loading when getting to Boston after the end credits
– Fixed a bug where counter-killing with the bow does not always work
– NPCs spawned too far away could end up being of the wrong type
– Camera could remain stuck after the player being respawned
– Player could remain stuck after diving from a waterfall
– Player could remain stuck if he exits a slopped hay stack at a certain angle
– player would always get immediately detected when performing an unarmed stealth assassination in another guard’s back
– Under rare circumstances, the crowd would stop spawning
– Fixed an animation glitch when interrupting the reception from high profile jump
– Fixed various occurrences of missing sounds
– In some cases, the Animus Database sound ambiance was not stopped when exiting
– Various stats and leaderboards were not showing up properly
– Online shop could sometimes appear empty if fetching the data from Xbox Live is taking too long
– Possible crash that could happen if the player blends in a crowd group where some NPCs haven’t spawned yet, and while blended performs a kill.
– Possible crash that could happen if the player triggered a loading while being in a covert escort formation with his brotherhood trainees
– Possble crash that could happen when calling a brotherhood trainee with the snipe ability
Naval Mission Fixes:
– “OAK ISLAND” – Player could pass through the ground when diving into the cave
– “OAK ISLAND” – Wolves could stop attacking the player and remain stuck
– Possible crash if the player spams the swivel guns with the semi-automatic cheat enabled
– Mission “HAPPY EXPECTATIONS” – Game could remain stuck on a white screen when starting the mission
– On the Homestead, fixed a bug where the player could remain stuck if he performs a corner pose on the left side of Norris’ cave’s entrance
Side Quest Fixes:
– Brawler Challenges 3 – Task “Own every weapon available in the stores” would not complete when the player expects it to.
– Fort Monmouth and Fort Division – Quest objectives would fail too early without the fort resetting properly
– New York delivery mission – Game asked for a different item (deer heart) than what was showed to the player (venison)
– New York Liberation Missions – Possible that the game would wrongly display that 2 of the districts were completely liberated when it’s not the case yet
Spoiler-filled Mission Fixes:
– Mission “RETURN TO ABSTERGO” – fixed a bug where the player would lose control over Desmond during a fight if he lures and kills some guards in the wrong area
– Mission “A DEADLY PERFORMANCE” – Mission would not continue if the player decides to climb the wall instead of using the ladder
– Mission “JOHNSON’S ERRAND” – fixed a bug where the game would remain stuck if the player runs during the black screen that occurs after exiting the tavern
– Mission “THE SURGEON” – Charles Lee could fall in the water and die while following the player, causing the mission to fail, if the player decides to take a certain path that involves jumping over the water
– Mission “THE SURGEON” – fixed a bug where we would show the desync effect if the player throws one of the target in the water, even though the mission is not really failed
– Mission “WELCOME TO BOSTON” – The courier side-quest next to the general store would not start properly
– Mission “EXECUTION IS EVERYTHING”, fixed a bug where the mission would not continue if the NPCs you are eavesdropping react to a dead body
– Mission “THE BRADDOCK EXPEDITION” – Mission would not continue if the player kills all enemies in the camp, killing the required target last, without triggering open conflict
– Mission “FEATHERS AND TREES” – NPC’s would not detect beams properly, preventing them from performing the trunk around move
– Mission “FEATHERS AND TREES” – Mission would not continue if the player doesn’t follow the expected path
– Mission “HUNTING LESSONS” – Mission giver could not be there if the player goes away and comes back
– Mission “SOMETHING TO REMEMBER”, fixed a bug where the screen could become all white or black for the remainder of the mission if the player set his brightness option to anything else than the default value
– Mission “ON JOHNSON’S TRAIL”, fixed a bug that could cause the optional objective “Use powder kegs to destroy smuggled cargo” to not be saved properly if the player reloads during the mission
– Mission “THE TEA PARTY” – Optional objective “Dump crates of tea in the water” could not be completed if the player threw all crates before having killed all guards
– Mission “THE MIDNIGHT RIDE” – Mission could not be completed if the player interacts with the delivery quest giver along the way
– Mission “BRIDEWELL PRISON”, Player could remain stuck prison cells
– Mission “PUBLIC EXECUTION” – Crowd NPCs could be spawned in or walk through a cart during a cinematic
– Mission “SOMETHING ON THE SIDE” – Optional objective “Perform a successful static eavesdrop” could not be completed.
– Mission “MISSING SUPPLIES” – Optional objective “Do not hide in the hay cart while following the convoy” not being saved properly if the game is reloaded during second part of the mission
Have you encountered any Assassin’s Creed 3 glitches?
Tags: Assassin's Creed 3