What were the top 10 bestselling games in America, Japan, and Europe? Thanks to Amazon online sales data here are the games that are the hottest worldwide.
What follows is a listing of the Top 10 bestsellers per region, for all systems combined.
North America’s Top 10 Games:
1. Batman: Arkham Asylum: Game of the Year – Greatest Hits (PS3)
2. Batman: Arkham Asylum: Game of the Year – Platinum Hits (Xbox 360)
3. Batman: Arkham City: Game of the Year Edition (Xbox 360)
4. Batman: Arkham City: Game of the Year Edition (PS3)
5. Just Dance 3 (Wii)
6. Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance (3DS)
7. Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition (PS3)
8. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Xbox 360)
9. MLB 12 The Show (PS3)
10. The Witcher 2: Assassins Of Kings Enhanced Edition (Xbox 360)
The “Batman: Arkham” series has sold over 12 million units worldwide. The Game of the Year Editions of these two games that add all post-launch downloadable content, along with discounts, are making these sets real crowd-pleasers.
Here’s the GOTY TV commercial.
Japan’s Top 10 Games:
1. Dragon Quest X: Rise of the Five Tribes Online (Wii)
2. New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS)
3. Dragon Quest X: Rise of the Five Tribes Online – Bundle with 16GB Wii USB memory & Hat included Momon inclusion benefits of in-game items (Wii)
4. Pokemon Black 2 (DS)
5. Persona 4: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena (PS3)
6. Pokemon White 2 (DS)
7. Just Dance Wii 2 (Wii)
8. Kirby Special Collection 20th Anniversary (Wii)
9. Digimon World Re:Digitize (PSP)
10. Tales of Vesperia – The Best of PlayStation 3 (PS3)
This week Square Enix released the newest Role-Playing Game in the mega-popular Dragon Quest series in Japan, exclusively made for the Wii, with a Wii U HD release of the same game following in 2013. Titled “Dragon Quest X: Mezameshi Itsutsu no Shuzoku Online”, which translates as “Dragon Quest X: Rise of the Five Tribes Online”, is the first game in the series that’s only playable online (alone or by teaming up with other players in co-op) making it an MMORPG! — That’s why there’s even a Dragon Quest Slime keyboard available, and let’s not forget about the custom Dragon Quest Wii console and Special Edition of the game with 16GB USB stick.
Although this game has only been announced for Japan, the previous game in the series – the DS-exclusive Dragon Quest IX – had over 1 million of its 5+ million sales in America & Europe. So here’s to hoping it’ll be released outside Japan.
This time around you’ll start the game as a Human character, but after a certain point you’ll be able to change to one of the Ogre, Elf, Dwarf, Puklipo or Weddie races.
Here’s the Japanese TV commercial.
Europe’s Top 10 Games:
1. The Sims 3 (PC/Mac)
2. The Sims 3: Pets Expansion Pack (PC/Mac)
3. Diablo III (PC/Mac)
4. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PC)
5. The Sims 3 – Generations Expansion Pack (PC/Mac)
6. Football Manager 2012 (PC/Mac)
7. The Sims 3: Ambitions (PC/Mac)
8. Battlefield 3 (PC)
9. The Sims 3: Late Night (PC)
10. Flight Simulator X – Gold Edition (PC)
2009’s The Sims 3 for PC & Mac has received many expansion packs the last few years, and has gone on to sell a whopping 10 million copies (expansion pack sales excluded), making it the 6th bestselling game ever behind The Sims 2 (16 million) & The Sims (100 million)!
The new franchise slogan is: “Build, destroy, succeed, explore. Let your inner desires flourish. Play The Sims 3 and see what could be…”
Here’s The Sims 3 Franchise TV spot.
To recap the top games per system:
- Dragon Quest X debuts in Japan on 1st place on the 3DS chart.
- Batman: Arkham Asylum: Game of the Year returns on the Xbox 360 & PS3 charts for some quality summer game time.
- Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance comes in first on the 3DS chart.
- New Super Mario Bros. returns to #1 on the DS chart.
- The Sims 3 returns to the top of the PC & Mac charts.
- Gravity Rush floats back to the top of the PS Vita chart.
- Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep is still on the PSP chart.
- And lastly, Kingdom Hearts stays popular after 7 years in the PS2 chart’s Top 100!