What were the top 10 bestselling games in America, Japan, and Europe? Thanks to Amazon online sales data here are the games that are the hottest worldwide.
What follows is a listing of the Top 10 bestsellers per region, for all systems combined.
Watch The Latest Gaming News:
North America’s Top 10 Games:
1. Just Dance 3 (Wii)
2. Dead Island – Game of the Year (PS3)
3. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Xbox 360)
4. Final Fantasy XIII-2 (PS3)
5. Gears of War 3 (Xbox 360)
6. NCAA Football 13 (Xbox 360)
7. Assassin’s Creed: Revelations (Xbox 360)
8. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (PS3)
9. Assassin’s Creed: Revelations (PS3)
10. Battlefield 3 (Xbox 360)
The Just Dance series has sold over 25 million units worldwide. Just Dance 3 players alone are spending 23 million minutes per day playing the game, dancing to 7.5 million songs daily!
Here’s the Katy Perry Firework trailer.
Japan’s Top 10 Games:
1. New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS)
2. Persona 4: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena (PS3)
3. Pokemon Black 2 (DS)
4. JUST DANCE Wii 2 (Wii)
5. Demon Training: 5-minute train the brain demon training supervised by Professor Ryuta Kawashima terribly Institute of Development, Aging and Cancer, Tohoku University (3DS)
6. Rune Factory 4 – First print includes: Special Headphones and Drama CD To Listen To As You Go To Sleep (3DS)
7. Pokemon White 2 (DS)
8. Digimon World Re:Digitize (PSP)
9. Kirby Special Collection 20th Anniversary (Wii)
10. Super Dangan-Ronpa 2: Sayonara Zetsubou Gakuen – Chou Koukoukyuu no Super Limited Box 2 (PSP)
This week Nintendo released the newest 2D Mario side-scrolling platformer in the ‘new’ series in Japan, exclusively made for the 3DS. Titled “Ny? S?p? Mario Buraz?zu Ts?” or as we’ll know it three weeks from now: “New Super Mario Bros. 2”, it’s a direct sequel to 2006’s 29-million-selling DS original: “New Super Mario Bros.”
Here’s the Japanese TV commercial.
Europe’s Top 10 Games:
1. Halo: Combat Evolved – Anniversary (Xbox 360)
2. London 2012: The Official Video Game of the Olympic Games – Ltd Edition Steelbook, gift with purchase (Xbox 360)
3. Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games (Wii)
4. London 2012: The Official Video Game of the Olympic Games – Ltd Edition Steelbook with purchase (PS3)
5. Dead Island – Game of the Year Edition (Xbox 360)
6. Batman: Arkham City (Xbox 360)
7. Pokemon Conquest (Nintendo DS)
8. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Xbox 360)
9. Lego Batman 2 – Limited Lex Luthor Toy Edition (Xbox 360)
10. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Xbox 360)
Last year’s Halo: Combat Evolved – Anniversary edition is a 1.5-million-selling HD remake of the first Halo game exclusively for Xbox 360 with optional Kinect motion & voice controls and brand new online co-op added. — In the lead-up to this year’s Halo 4 release, fans are getting nostalgic and newcomers can’t resist the heavily discounted game at only £9/€10!
Here’s the Halo Anniversary launch trailer.
To recap the top games per system:
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 debuts in Japan on 1st place on the 3DS chart.
- Just Dance 3 comes in first on the Wii chart.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 returns on the Xbox 360 chart for some quality summer game time.
- Dead Island – Game of the Year debuts on the PS3 chart.
- New Super Mario Bros. returns to #1 on the DS chart.
- Diablo III stays on top of the PC & Mac charts.
- Mortal Kombat fights to the top of the PS Vita chart.
- Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep is still on the PSP chart.
- And lastly, Kingdom Hearts stays popular after 7 years in the PS2 chart’s Top 100!