E3 2012 Microsoft Press Conference Roundup: Xbox SmartGlass, Xbox Music, Internet Explorer for Xbox 360
The E3 2012 Microsoft Press Conference broadcast aired today, has revealed brand new information about Microsoft’s Xbox 360 game lineup. Microsoft’s E3 2012 keynote conference started on June 5th at 9:30AM PDT / 12:30PM EDT / 5:30PM GMT and lasted an hour and a half. What follows is a bulletpoints roundup.
Surprises this year were: Xbox SmartGlass, Xbox Music, Internet Explorer for Xbox 360, and Xbox 360 exclusives, Halo 4, Gears of War: Judgment and Dance Central 3 were shown, with Nike + Kinect Training and Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell: Blacklist revealed.
Here’s the full E3 2012 Microsoft broadcast video:
E3 2012 Microsoft Press Conference Roundup:
- The first Halo 4 gameplay trailer was shown for Xbox 360. Forerunner AI enemies put up a fierce fight. Master Chief meets up with UNCS vessel that lands on the same planet as him. Cortana fights her own corruption.
- Splinter Cell: Blacklist revealed with gameplay trailer. Story takes place on Iran/Iraq border where Sam Fisher must stop the next blacklist attack. Highlight multiple targets and do execute attacks to quickly & fluidly take out your targets. Lure enemies with Kinect voice recognition talk.
- Madden NFL 13 & FIFA 13 will be made better with Kinect voice commands support, without interrupting the gameplay (no menus). August 28th sees the launch of Madden NFL 13.
- Fable: The Journey for Kinect gameplay trailer was shown next. Shows the different magic attacks you can do in-game.
- Gears of War Judgment announced as prequel. Teaser shows a young Baird and Cole Train being imprisoned while the war is about to break out on the planet.
- Forza Horizon trailer shown. Release on October 23rd, 2012.
- A Kinect voice search update this Fall adds movie searching for genre and direct movie access. Support for many more languages like Spanish will be added. New video partners to be added are: Nickelodeon, Paramount, Machinima, Universion, NBA League Pass, NHL Game Center, and ESPN adds non-stop live HD coverage via ESPN 1/2/3/U.
- Xbox Music songs service coming to Xbox 360, Mobile & Tablets.
- Nike + Kinect Training announced for Xbox 360. “If you’ve got a body, you’re an athlete.” Xbox Live connects you with others for challenges
- Xbox SmartGlass announced for Xbox 360 and Windows 8. It connects all your mobile and tablet devices with your Xbox 360. Start watching your movie on your tablet on the road and continue watching it at home on your TV. And on top of that your internet-connected tablet or mobile phone will display additional info about the movie or a map for a traveling TV show, while you’re watching on the TV. Sherlock Holmes movie, Game of Thrones TV episode, Madden NFL 13 game play setup, and Halo 4 waypoint extras, were all used as examples of experiences that use the tablet as an extra screen.
- Internet Explorer for Xbox 360 announced. Coming in Fall 2012. Finally internet browsing arrives, use an Xbox 360 controller, Kinect voice controlled, or with Xbox SmartGlass enabled use your mobile phone’s or tablet’s touchscreen to move around your TV screen. This effectively transform any TV into a smart TV.
- Tomb Raider 2013 open gameplay shown. The seemingly innocent Lara Croft has turned into an efficient killer, using the environment to her advantage around every corner. Looks like a very exiting thrill ride! The first Tomb Raider DLC will be available first on Xbox 360.
- Ascend: New Gods, TwistedPixel’s LocoCycle & Matter announced. Coming in 2013. I’m guessing these are XBLA games.
- Resident Evil 6 gameplay shown by its creators. Leon takes his partner through a zombie infested area to try and save some BSAA agents. Lots of quick-time events and big action set-pieces await in China. — Again, the DLC will be available first on
- Wreckateer for XBLA announced for Kinect. Coming this summer. Basically a slingshot game akin to Angry Birds, but in 3D and in medieval times.
- Southpark: The Stick of Truth shown. You star as “The New Kid” to help save South Park. The TV show’s creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone helped create the Obsydian-developed game.
- Dance Central 3 announced for Xbox 360. Kinect-only again of course. Musician Usher helped the developers at Harmonix capture the right moves in-game. Then he performed his new single (that’s in the game) on-stage.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 trailer shown. Drones controlled by the enemy took out the global G20 leadership and hit the convoy transporting the U.S.’s Madam President to safety, both on foot and with a jetfighter. All DLC will appear first on Xbox 360. I’m guessing this is another one of those one-month-long timed exclusives.
The other E3 2012 Press Conference Roundups:
- E3 2012 Sony Press Conference Roundup
- E3 2012 Nintendo Press Conference Roundup
- E3 2012 Ubisoft Press Conference Roundup
- E3 2012 EA Press Conference Roundup
What’s your favorite E3 2012 Microsoft announcement?
Tags: Dance Central 3, Gears of War: Judgment, Halo 4, Nike + Kinect Training, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist
Categories: Mobile News, News, PC News, Videos, Xbox 360 News