E3 2012 EA Press Conference Roundup: Battlefield 3 Premium, Madden NFL 13, FIFA 13, UFC, Need for Speed: Most Wanted 2
The E3 2012 EA Press Conference broadcast aired today, has revealed brand new information about EA’s game lineup. EA’s E3 2012 keynote conference started on June 5th at 1:00PM PDT / 4:00PM EDT / 9:00PM GMT and lasted one hour. What follows is a bulletpoints roundup.
It started with the expected showings of Battlefield 3 Premium, Madden NFL 13, FIFA 13, Medal of Honor: Warfighter, and Crysis 3. Surprises this year were: Dead Space 3 and SimCity Social, with a UFC partnership, and Need for Speed: Most Wanted 2 being revealed.
Watch The Latest Gaming News:
Here’s the full E3 2012 EA broadcast video: (skip first 18 minutes)
E3 2012 EA Press Conference Roundup:
- Dead Space 3 was announced. Features drop-in/out co-op. Isaac goes to the Marker source together with Allie, loses her, and ends up with a co-op partner who may be in your imagination hehe. I liked him better when he was quiet, now he and his friend drop the F-bomb in every chat they have. Coming February 2012 on Xbox 360, PS3 & PC.
- Madden NFL 13 promo hopes to leave a mark. Infinity Engine gives run-time physics with no two plays looking or feeling the same. No more predetermined outcomes, you can even recover from almost falling! Hall of Fame mode adds RPG element with XP added to your players as you build your career. When you’re not behind your console, you can even build your league via your mobile phone, tablet & PC.
- Maxis announced SimCity Social for Facebook. Being both good & evil has its own rewards. Slogan is “less ville, more city” clearly mocking Zynga’s Cityville clone.
- SimCity 5 for PC was shown. Gameplay reveals city specialization, Maxis aiming for the “deepest, richest CimCity experience ever”. It’s the first multiplayer SimCity game, where your action influence not just your own city, but also the cities of others around you! Oh and there’s a T-rex too haha.
- Battlefield 3 Premium announced. Includes the 5 DLC packs with 4 maps, 2 weeks early access to Close Quarters, Armored Kill, Aftermath & Endgame, 20 new weapons, 10 new vehicles, exclusive dog tags, camo, kits, assignments & game modes. At $75 this is being released over nine months from today until March 2013. By the way, 1.6 trillions bullets have been fired in Battlefield 3 since launch.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic will soon add more PvP warzones, new robot companion, new playable species, increased level caps for all classes, a new planet Makeb. This July everyone can play the game for free up to level 15.
- Medal of Honor: Warfighter goes global, every action is connected to a real-life hotspot. Gameplay showed a beachfront Somalia battle zone. 12 different Tier-1 units from 10 different nations get started in global multiplayer on October 23rd, 2012. The tagline is “For honor, for country. Who will you fight for?”
- NBA Live 13 will change throughout the basketball season. Coming to PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U & PC in October 2012.
- The first FIFA 13 gameplay trailer was shown. The series connects millions of fans of the sport to each other, as they replay real-life matches on their own. 11 million people joined the FIFA Club. FIFA 13 on iPhone/iPad/Android will connect to the console/PC versions. Messi will appear on the FIFA 13 cover worldwide. The available versions on September 30th, 2012 will be PS3, PS Vita, PSP, PS2, Xbox 360, Wii, Wii U, 3DS, iOS & PC.
- UFC: Ultimate Fighting Championship multi-year partnership announced with EA Sports.
- Criterion Games’ Need for Speed: Most Wanted 2 announced with CGI trailer. Speed points drive you up the Most Wanted List, and that’s the premise of the game: To become the most wanted driver. Gameplay shows police chases. Luckily street lamps in this game are still made of paper instead of steel, as they don’t wrap around your car. The slow-motion take-downs are still looking awesome with sparks flying everywhere as your opponents crash. Single player & multiplayer demos will be at E3 2012. Releases on Xbox 360, PS3 & PC on October 30th, 2012.
- Crytek showed Crysis 3 gameplay. The words “Maximum firepower” were spoken as the player infiltrates a water dam to blow it up. Coming to Xbox 360, PS3 & PC on February 2013.
The other E3 2012 Press Conference Roundups:
- E3 2012 Microsoft Press Conference Roundup
- E3 2012 Sony Press Conference Roundup
- E3 2012 Nintendo Press Conference Roundup
- E3 2012 Ubisoft Press Conference Roundup