What were the top 10 bestselling games in America, Japan, and Europe? Thanks to Amazon online sales data here are the games that are the hottest worldwide.
What follows is a listing of the Top 10 bestsellers per region, for all systems combined.
Watch The Latest Gaming News:
North America’s Top 10 Games:
1. Diablo III (PC, Mac)
2. Tera Online (PC)
3. Max Payne 3 (Xbox 360)
4. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Xbox 360)
5. Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Xbox 360)
6. Max Payne 3 (PS3)
7. Just Dance 3 (Wii)
8. Battlefield 3 (Xbox 360)
9. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (PS3)
10. Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception (PS3)
The Diablo series has sold over 8 million units worldwide. So it’s no surprise Blizzard expects to sell 3.5 million copies in 2012 of the this week released Diablo III.
Twenty years have passed since the Prime Evils were defeated and banished from the world of Sanctuary. Now, you must return to where it all began – the town of Tristram – and investigate rumors of a fallen star, for this is the first sign of evil’s rebirth, and an omen that the End Times have begun.
Here’s one of the many Diablo III TV commercials.
Japan’s Top 10 Games:
1. Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS)
2. Mario Party 9 (Wii)
3. Hyperdimension Neptunia V – Early Summer God Limited Edition (PS3)
4. Battle & Get! Pokemon Typing DS: Black Version – Includes Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard (DS)
5. Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)
6. Mario Kart 7 (3DS)
7. Diablo III – Import Version: North America (PC, Mac)
8. Final Fantasy XIII-2 (PS3)
9. There’s No Way “My Little Sister Can’t Be This Cute Portable” Could Continue – Special Edition (PSP)
10. There’s No Way “My Little Sister Can’t Be This Cute Portable” Could Continue (PSP)
What’s keeping Fire Emblem: Awakening selling strong on 3DS since it came out one month ago? It’s the regularly released downloadable content (DLC) of classic characters with accompanying scenarios that add to the game.
The image below (click for full-size) shows 1 of 3 new characters (Micaiah from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) from the May 2nd DLC packs. Each DLC is priced at around $3.50 / €3 (300 Yen). For Nintendo’s first ever DLC, fans sure seem to enjoy it! So it’s good to know the game will be coming to America and Europe later this year. Expect confirmation at E3 in June.
Here are the Japanese TV commercials.
Europe’s Top 10 Games:
1. Max Payne 3 (Xbox 360)
2. Max Payne 3 (PS3)
3. Diablo III (PC/Mac)
4. FIFA 12 (Xbox 360)
5. Moshi Monsters: Moshling Zoo (DS)
6. Sniper Elite V2 (Xbox 360)
7. FIFA 12 (PS3)
8. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Xbox 360)
9. Football Manager 2012 (PC/Mac)
10. Battlefield 3 (PS3)
The Max Payne game franchise has sold over 7.5 million units worldwide. The long-awaited sequel Max Payne 3 came out this week on Xbox 360 & PlayStation 3, with a PC version following in 3 weeks time. Get ready for a Hollywood movie-style action-packed story with plenty of Bullet Time sequences!
No longer a cop, close to washed up and addicted to pain killers, Max takes a job in São Paulo, Brazil, protecting the family of wealthy real estate mogul Rodrigo Branco, in an effort to finally escape his troubled past. But as events spiral out of his control, Max Payne finds himself alone on the streets of an unfamiliar city, desperately searching for the truth and fighting for a way out.
Here’s Max Payne 3’s cinematic TV commercial, featuring the original soundtrack song “Tears” by Health.
To recap the top games per system:
- Diablo III debuts on top of the PC & Mac charts.
- Max Payne 3 debuts #1 on the Xbox 360 & PS3 charts.
- Just Dance 3 stars on the Wii chart.
- New Super Mario Bros. shows up on the DS chart.
- Mario Kart 7 races to 1st place on the 3DS chart.
- Mortal Kombat stays atop the PS Vita chart.
- Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep takes top spot on the PSP chart.
- And lastly, Kingdom Hearts returns on the PS2 chart.