Top 10 Bestselling Games Worldwide in Week 17, 2012
What were the top 10 bestselling games in America, Japan, and Europe? Thanks to Amazon online sales data here are the games that are the hottest worldwide.
What follows is a listing of the Top 10 bestsellers per region, for all systems combined.
North America’s Top 10 Games:
1. Mass Effect 3 (Xbox 360)
2. Guild Wars 2 (PC)
3. The Witcher 2: Assassins Of Kings Enhanced Edition (Xbox 360)
4. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Xbox 360)
5. Mass Effect 3 (PS3)
6. Just Dance 3 (Wii)
7. Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure Character Ignitor (Wii/3DS/Xbox 360/PS3/PC/Mac)
8. Mass Effect – Platinum Hits (Xbox 360)
9. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (PS3)
10. Nickelodeon Fit (Wii)
Mass Effect 3 is the final game in the Mass Effect Trilogy. Being highly anticipated, and still getting plenty of exposure over a month after release because of its ending controversy and subsequent free ending DLC announcement. It must be true what they say: even bad publicity is still publicity. Regardless of how you feel about the situation, EA is quickly selling through the 3.5 million copies it shipped worldwide.
Here’s the game’s live-action TV commercial.
Japan’s Top 10 Games:
1. Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS)
2. Mario Party 9 (Wii)
3. Resident Evil: Raccoon City Operations (PS3)
4. Final Fantasy XIII-2 (PS3)
5. Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)
6. Mario Kart 7 (3DS)
7. Battle & Get! Pokemon Typing DS: Black Version – Includes Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard (DS)
8. Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS)
9. Resident Evil: Raccoon City Operations (Xbox 360)
10. Prototype 2 – Import Version (PS3)
Last week Nintendo released the newest strategy-RPG in the Fire Emblem series in Japan, exclusively made for the 3DS, it’s titled “Faia Emuburemu Kakusei” which translates to “Fire Emblem: Awakening”. For the second week in a row it stays the #1 bestselling game! Dragons are at the centre of the story, love-interests you can marry debut, and fan-favorite Marth will return in this game.
Here are the Japanese TV commercials.
What’s keeping Fire Emblem: Awakening selling strong is the regularly released downloadable content (DLC) of classic characters with accompanying scenarios that add to the game. The image below (click for full-size) shows 1 of 3 new characters (Micaiah from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) coming in the May 2nd DLC packs. Each DLC is priced at around $3.50 / €3 (300 Yen). For Nintendo’s first ever DLC, fans sure seem to enjoy it, so it’s good to know the game will be coming to America and Europe later this year.
Europe’s Top 10 Games:
1. Prototype 2: Amazon Exclusive Wrecking Ball Radnet Edition (Xbox 360)
2. Mass Effect 3 (Xbox 360)
3. FIFA 12 (Xbox 360)
4. Star Wars Kinect (Xbox 360 Kinect)
5. FIFA Street (Xbox 360)
6. Skylanders: Spyro’s Adventure Starter Pack (Wii)
7. Prototype 2: Amazon Exclusive Wrecking Ball Radnet Edition (PS3)
8. Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games (Wii)
9. FIFA Street (PS3)
10. Battlefield 3 (Xbox 360)
Prototype 2 has made its way to Xbox 360 & PlayStation 3 this week. The anticipated sequel stars new lead character, which is always a risky move. However, its live-action promo set to the tune of Johnny Cash’s Hurt caught people’s eyes suggesting a story we’ll get invested in.
Here’s the game’s “The Power of Revenge” TV trailer.
To recap the top games per system:
- Mass Effect 3 is #1 this week on the Xbox 360 & PS3 charts.
- Guild Wars 2 rules the PC chart.
- Just Dance 3 stars on the Wii chart.
- Mario Kart 7 returns on 1st place on the 3DS chart.
- New Super Mario Bros. shows up on the DS chart.
- The Sims 3: Pets entertains many households on the Mac chart.
- Uncharted: Golden Abyss plays atop the PS Vita chart.
- Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep takes top spot on the PSP chart.
- And lastly, Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne appears on the PS2 chart.
Sales data collected from Amazon’s US, JPN (PC) & UK / DE / FR websites.
Tags: Fire Emblem: Awakening, Mass Effect 3, Prototype 2
Categories: 3DS News, DS News, Mac News, News, PC News, PS Vita News, PS2 News, PS3 News, PSP News, Videos, Wii News, Xbox 360 News