What were the top 10 bestselling games in America, Japan, and Europe? Thanks to Amazon online sales data here are the games that are the hottest worldwide.
What follows is a listing of the Top 10 bestsellers per region, for all systems combined.
Watch The Latest Gaming News:
North America’s Top 10 Games:
1. Just Dance 3 (Wii)
2. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Xbox 360)
3. Zumba Fitness (Wii)
4. Zumba Fitness 2 (Wii)
5. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (PS3)
6. Battlefield 3 (Xbox 360)
7. Kinect Sports (Xbox 360 Kinect)
8. Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Xbox 360)
9. Assassin’s Creed: Revelations (Xbox 360)
10. Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012 (Xbox 360 Kinect)
The “Just Sweat” mode in Just Dance 3 is no doubt proving popular this New Year, with gamers spending 23 million minutes per day playing the game, dancing to 7.5 million songs daily! So far Just Dance 3 has sold 7 million copies in just 3 months since its October 2011 release, no doubt helped by Katy Perry´s songs being included and having her promoting it.
Ubisoft announced that the Just Dance series have sold 25 million units worldwide. That number includes: Just Dance 3, Just Dance 2, Just Dance, Just Dance Summer Party, Just Dance 2: Extra Songs, Just Dance Kids, and Just Dance Kids 2.
Here’s the Katy Perry Firework trailer for the game.
Japan’s Top 10 Games:
1. Resident Evil Revelations (3DS)
2. Armored Core V (PS3)
3. Mario Kart 7 (3DS)
4. Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)
5. Monster Hunter 3G (3DS)
6. Rhythm Thief R & the Emperor’s Treasure – Includes Special Soundtrack CD (3DS)
7. Just Dance Wii (Wii)
8. Armored Core V – including original headset (PS3)
9. Armored Core V (Xbox 360)
10. Final Fantasy XIII-2 (PS3)
In Japan, on Thursday Capcom released the Nintendo 3DS-exclusive survival-horror game Biohazard Revelations, known to us Westerners as Resident Evil Revelations.
Part of the Capcom team that developed the game, previously made Resident Evil 5 and has said in interview that if it weren’t for this game taking place between Resident Evil 4 & 5, that they would have named Revelations #6. And it shows in that they went all-out to bring a huge console experience (with both singleplayer as well as local and online multiplayer) to the Nintendo portable.
Here’s the game’s extended Japanese TV commercial.
Europe’s Top 10 Games:
1. Zumba Fitness (Wii)
2. Battlefield 3 (Xbox 360)
3. Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)
4. Football Manager 2012 (PC/Mac)
5. Battlefield 3 (PS3)
6. Zumba Fitness 2 (Wii)
7. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Xbox 360)
8. Forza Motorsport 4 (Xbox 360)
9. FIFA 12 (Xbox 360)
10. Assassin’s Creed Revelations (Xbox 360)
The publisher announced over 6 million copies of the dance/fitness series have been sold so far. The Zumba Fitness games have been popular for over year now, and in 2012 everyone once again wants to stay fit. The sequel, Zumba Fitness 2, that appeared on Wii last year, will be coming to Xbox 360 Kinect as Zumba Fitness Rush on February 12, 2012.
Here’s the launch trailer for Zumba Fitness 2.
To recap the top games per system:
- Just Dance 3’s stardom stays #1 on the Wii chart.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is at the top of the Xbox 360 & PS3 charts.
- Mario Kart 7 finishes on 1st place on the 3DS chart.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic is now at the top of the PC chart.
- The Sims 3: Pets remains at the top of the Mac chart.
- New Super Mario Bros. DS shows up on the DS chart.
- Tales of Innocence R does well on the PS Vita chart (in Japan).
- Kingdom Hearts appears on the PS2 chart, where it’s been for 10 years now.
- And lastly, Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep takes top spot on the PSP chart.
Tags: Just Dance 3