What were the top 10 best-selling games in America, Japan, and Europe this week? Thanks to Amazon online sales data here are the games that are the hottest.
The bestsellers likely indicate the gaming gifts you found under the Christmas tree! 🙂
What follows is a listing of the Top 10 bestsellers per region, for all systems combined.
North America’s Top 10 Games:
1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Xbox 360)
2. Just Dance 3 (Wii)
3. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (PS3)
4. Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Xbox 360)
5. Battlefield 3 (Xbox 360)
6. Kinect Sports: Season Two (Xbox 360 Kinect)
7. Dance Central 2 (Xbox 360 Kinect)
8. Kinect Sports (Xbox 360 Kinect)
9. Saint’s Row: The Third (Xbox 360)
10. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword with Music CD (Wii)
Activision may have pulled off the biggest media launch ever with 9 million copies of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 sold worldwide in its first 3 weeks in America alone. Crazy as it sounds, that may mean that in the coming year it’s set to have more than 25+ million worldwide sales!
Here’s Modern Warfare 3’s TV commercial.
Japan’s Top 10 Games:
1. Mario Kart 7 (3DS)
2. Musou Orochi 2 – Limited Edition (PS3)
3. Monster Hunter 3G (3DS)
4. Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)
5. Just Dance Wii (Wii)
6. Final Fantasy XIII-2 (PS3)
7. Once in love … and Guam AKB1/48 Idol – Limited Edition: Be left in the auction, please! BOX (PSP)
8. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Xbox 360)
9. Disgaea 4: Fuca and Began Desuko – Append Edition Limited: Original Soundtrack Special Bundle Desuko Figures & Maxi (PS3)
10. Mobile Suit Gundam: EXTREME VS. (PS3)
In Japan, neither Final Fantasy XIII-2’s 524,000 debut week nor PlayStation Vita’s 321,407 launch week, made a dent in the Nintendo-ruled charts. The only portable Sony games that came close to showing up were “Uncharted: The Beginning of an Adventure Without a Map” and “Everybody’s Golf 6”.
Nintendo brings the Mario racing series to the 3DS handheld with Mario Kart 7. Nintendo EAD who developed the game, previously made Mario Kart DS & Mario Kart Wii. And it shows in this cross between all previous six Mario Kart games.
Here are the game’s Japanese TV commercials.
Europe’s Top 10 Games:
1. Just Dance 3 – Special Edition (Wii)
2. Zumba Fitness (Wii)
3. Skylanders: Spyro’s Adventure – Triple Character Pack – Drobot and Stump Smash and Flameslinger (Wii/PS3/Xbox 360/PC)
4. Saints Row The Third (Xbox 360)
5. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Xbox 360)
6. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Xbox 360)
7. FIFA 12 (Xbox 360)
8. Skylanders: Spyro’s Adventure – Triple Character Pack – Hex, Zap and Dinorang (Wii/PS3/Xbox 360/PC)
9. Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games (Wii)
10. Battlefield 3 (Xbox 360)
Did you know Just Dance 3 has 8.4 million players? Ubisoft has made quite a splash with the series that’s now gone multiplatform, although the favorite version is still on Wii.
Here’s the launch trailer for the game.
To recap the top games per system:
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 stays at the top of the Xbox 360 & PS3 charts.
- Just Dance 3’s stardom stays #1 on the Wii chart.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic is now at the top of the PC chart.
- Mario Kart 7 finishes on 1st place on the 3DS chart.
- The Sims 3 Pets remains at the top of the Mac chart.
- New Super Mario Bros. DS shows up on the DS chart.
- Uncharted: Golden Abyss does well on the PS Vita chart.
- Kingdom Hearts appears on the PS2 chart, where it’s been for 9 years now.
- And lastly, Need for Speed: Most Wanted returns at the top spot of the PSP chart.