This Kingdom Hearts 3D preview will give a quick look at what can be expected from Square Enix’s upcoming action-RPG title.
Taking place after the events of Kingdom Hearts: Coded, players will journey -on King Mickey’s orders- across worlds that were saved from the Heartless’ attack but are now disconnected. Sora and Riku must awaken the world’s from their deep slumber and become true Keyblade Masters!
Also known as Kingdom Hearts 3D, “Dream Drop Distance”, is an upcoming action-adventure, RPG title in the beloved Kingdom Hearts series.
The game is once again begin developed by Square Enix and will release exclusively on the Nintendo 3DS console.
The game will launch March 2012 in Japan. Overseas, it is expected to surface sometime in 2012.
Kingdom Hearts in 3D is coming to the Nintendo 3DS. Check out this gameplay trailer as Disney and Square team up once again!
Key Features of Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
Here is a list of key features that will be available in Square Enix’s Kingdom Hearts 3D based on news and announcements made so far.
- The gameplay from Dream Drop Distance will be similar to the mechanics present in Final Fantasy Versus XIII.
- Players will be able to play as both Sora and Riku and a new “Drop Gauge” has been added to gameplay.
- The game sees the return of the “Command Deck” system introduced in “Birth by Sleep”.
- A “free-flow” mechanic will allow the player to utilize the environment.
- Players will also have the opportunity to hunt Dream Eaters, which provide Sora and Riku to new abilities, attacks, and co-operative actions!
- These Dream Eaters that you can catch, you can also play around with, because the game comes with AR functionality enabling that.
- Several worlds have been confirmed including Traverse Town, La Cité des Cloches (The Hunchback of Notre Dame), Prankster’s Paradise (Pinocchio), Destiny Islands, Disney Castle, Keyblade Graveyard, Radiant Garden and The County of The Musketeers.
- It’s compatible with the Nintendo 3DS Expansion Slide Pad (AKA Circle Pad), adding dual analog controls support to the game!
Take a look at the subbed trailer!
Excited for this game? Can’t wait for the next chapter in Sora and Rikku’s story? Leave your comments and opinions in the section below!
Be sure to check out our Kingdom Hearts 3D Screenshots Gallery!