What were the best-selling games in America, Japan, and Europe this week? Thanks to Amazon online sales data here are the games that are the hottest. Think of it as a games weather report.
Thanks to Cyber Monday the bestsellers seemed to have mostly been family-friendly and social multiplayer games.
Watch The Latest Gaming News:
What follows is a listing of the Top 10 bestsellers per region, for all systems combined.
North America’s Top 10 Games:
1. Just Dance 3 (Wii)
2. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Xbox 360)
3. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (PS3)
4. Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Xbox 360)
5. Mario Kart 7 (3DS)
6. Dance Central 2 (Xbox 360 Kinect)
7. Kinect Sports Season Two (Xbox 360 Kinect)
8. Madden NFL 12 (Xbox 360)
9. Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception (PS3)
10. Just Dance 3 (Xbox 360 Kinect)
Just Dance 3 has made its debut and finally there’s a game out-shaking Just Dance 2 on the weekly charts! Ubisoft has made quite a splash with the series that’s now gone multiplatform, although the favorite version is still on Wii.
Here’s the launch trailer for the game.
Japan’s Top 10 Games:
1. Mario Kart 7 (3DS)
2. Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)
3. Mobile Suit Gundam: EXTREME VS. (PS3)
4. Kirby of the Stars Wii (Wii)
5. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword – Special CD Limited Edition Bundle (Wii)
6. PokePark 2: Beyond the World (Wii)
7. Just Dance Wii (Wii)
8. Troopers Boost Cardboard (PSP)
9. Mario Kart Wii – Bundle with Wii Wheel (Wii)
10. Rhythm Heaven for Everyone (Wii)
Nintendo brings the Mario racing series to the 3DS handheld with Mario Kart 7. Nintendo EAD who developed the game, previously made Mario Kart DS & Mario Kart Wii. And it shows in this cross between all previous six Mario Kart games.
Here are the game’s Japanese TV commercials.
Europe’s Top 10 Games:
1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Xbox 360)
2. Just Dance 3 – Special Edition (Wii)
3. Professor Layton and the Spectre’s Call (DS)
4. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (PS3)
5. Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games (Wii)
6. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Xbox 360)
7. Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception (PS3)
8. Forza Motorsport 4 (Xbox 360)
9. Assassin’s Creed Revelations (Xbox 360)
10. Mario Kart 7 (3DS)
Activision pulled off the biggest media launch ever with 4.7 million copies of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 sold worldwide on its first day alone. Crazy as it sounds, in the coming year it’s set to sell more than Black Ops’ 25+ million worldwide sales!
Here’s the awesome TV launch commercial!
To recap the top games per system:
- Just Dance 3 stays #1 on the Wii chart.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 stays at the top of the Xbox 360 & PS3 charts.
- Mario Kart 7 debuts at #1 on the 3DS chart.
- Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim right away captured the top of the PC chart.
- Kirby Mass Attack shows up on the DS chart.
- The Sims 3 Pets remains at the top of the Mac chart.
- Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep wakes up on the top spot of the PSP chart.
- And lastly, Kingdom Hearts II appears on the PS2 chart, where it’s been for 5 years now.
Tags: Just Dance 3