This UFC Undisputed 3 preview gives a quick look at what can be expected from Yuke’s upcoming sports title.
UFC Undisputed 3 takes you inside the Octagon, delivering intense UFC action focused on brutal toe-to-toe combat, impressive visual presentation, increased accessibility and raw fight emotion.
UFC Undisputed 3 ups the intensity with the addition of PRIDE Mode, a brand new submission system, new ways to finish the fight and increased accessibility through both traditional and simplified gameplay controls that, along with significant enhanced visuals, new camera positions and personalized fighter entrances, let you step right inside the Octagon!
The newest title in the series is due to hit the shelves on February 14, 2012 (NA) and February 17, 2012 (EU) on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 platforms.
Learn all about the improved ground game and new submission system in this UFC Undisputed 3 gameplay trailer!
Hear the latest updates on UFC Undisputed 3 in this interview with producer Neven Dravinski.
And in this video, THQ’s Senior Designer Wes Bunn walks and talks us through Undisputed 3’s Pride mode, which looks to add to the franchise’s already massive arsenal of features!
Key Features of UFC Undisputed 3
Here is a list of key elements that will be available in Yuke’s UFC Undisputed 3 based on news and announcements made so far.
New Elements and Changes
UFC Undisputed 3 is expected to have many new changes from UFC Undisputed 2010, these will include:
- Pride Mode, with Pride rules, ring, and fighters. Commentary will be provided by Bas Rutten and Stephen Quadros. Lenne Hardt will announce the fighters in Pride.
- A brand new submission system.
- Mo-capping used for fighters giving more realistic movement and striking.(This doesn’t apply for all fighters. Some will still use archetypes.)
- New Stats: Footwork, Ground Grapple Top and Bottom for offense and defense.
- Two gameplay control options: traditional and simplified. (Pro and Amateur controls)
- Additions of Featherweight and Bantamweight division.
- New submission moves including the standing rear naked choke, standing guillotine, and the flying scissor heel hook.
- Damage recovery between rounds. Cuts also affect stamina and energy recovery rate.
- Redesigned striking game emphasizing jabs, quick strikes, and combinations.
- New Stamina system. Your stamina can only come back up so far until you are fully rested. Stamina depletion will also effect fighter’s stats.
- New navigation system. You can close the distance to keep from getting knee’d to the head. (This also helps in other areas)
- Stat decay removed in Career Mode and Auto-Block removed.
- Roster fighters from the UFC and Pride can now be taken through career mode.
- New options, such as Stamina Simulation mode, Competition Spec mode (Removes all random elements such as flash KOs and doctor stoppages), and Stat Equalizer (Equalizes all stats to 80 for both fighters).
- Fighters are now able to sway on the ground to avoid strikes.
- “Finish the Fight” allows you to continue striking until the ref pulls you off.
Elements such as Elbow spamming, ref and sub-cancelling have been fixed.
The UFC Roster, as revealed by ESPN, is as follows:
- Heavyweights: Pat Barry, Travis Browne, Shane Carwin, Mirko Cro Cop, Junior dos Santos, Gabriel Gonzaga, Cheick Kongo, Brock Lesnar, Sean McCorkle, Frank Mir, Roy Nelson, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, Ben Rothwell, Brendan Schaub, Stefan Struve and Cain Velasquez.
- Light Heavyweights: Ryan Bader, Jason Brilz, Phil Davis DLC, Cyrille Diabate, Rashad Evans, Rich Franklin, Forrest Griffin, Matt Hamill, Dan Henderson, Quinton Jackson, Jon Jones, Chuck Liddell, Lyoto Machida, Vladimir Matyushenko, Antonio Rogerio Nogueira, Tito Ortiz, Mauricio Rua, Thiago Silva and Brandon Vera.
- Middleweights: Yoshihiro Akiyama, Alan Belcher, Vitor Belfort, Michael Bisping, Kendall Grove, Chris Leben, Demian Maia, Nate Marquardt, Court McGee, Jason Miller DLC, Mark Munoz, Yushin Okami, Rousimar Palhares, Jorge Rivera, Anderson Silva, Wanderlei Silva, Chael Sonnen and Brian StannDLC.
- Welterweights: Thiago Alves, Carlos Condit, Nate Diaz, Nick Diaz DLC, Jon Fitch, Dan Hardy, Matt Hughes, Martin Kampmann, Dong Hyun Kim, Josh Koscheck, Chris Lytle, Diego Sanchez, Matt Serra, Jake Shields, Georges St-Pierre, Mike Swick and Paulo Thiago.
- Lightweights: Donald Cerrone, Evan Dunham, Frankie Edgar, Takanori Gomi, Clay Guida, Melvin Guillard, Benson Henderson, Gray Maynard, Jim Miller, Ross Pearson, BJ Penn, Anthony Pettis, Sean Sherk, Dennis Siver, George Sotiropoulos and Joe Stevenson.
- Featherweights: Jose Aldo, Raphael Assuncao, Mike Brown, Kenny Florian, Manvel Gamburyan, Leonard Garcia, Josh Grispi, Mark Hominick, Erik Koch, Chad Mendes, Diego Nunes, Fredson Paixao, George Roop, Cub Swanson, Javier Vazquez and Tiequan Zhang.
- Bantamweights: Antonio Banuelos, Renan Barao, Joseph Benavidez, Brian Bowles, Chris Cariaso, Dominick Cruz, Urijah Faber, Demetrious Johnson, Scott Jorgensen, Takeya Mizugaki, Damacio Page, Brad Pickett, Miguel Torres, Charlie Valencia, Eddie Wineland and Norifumi Yamamoto.
The PRIDE Roster
PRIDE plays by a different set of rules and moves than the UFC. Soccer kicks, knees to the head and face stomps are all legal moves in this Mode and PRIDE matches also consist of three rounds with irregular times. Round 1 lasts 10 minutes, while Rounds 2 and 3 each last five minutes.
The PRIDE Roster is as follows:
- Heavyweight: Mark Coleman, Mirko Cro Cop, Don Frye, Gary Goodridge, Heath Herring, Mark Hunt, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, Kevin Randleman, Bob Sapp, Dan Severn and Gilbert Yvel.
- Middleweight: Vitor Belfort, Royce Gracie, Dan Henderson, Quinton Jackson, Chuck Liddell, Kazuhiro Nakamura, Antonio Rogerio Nogueira, Mauricio Rua, Murilo Rua, Anderson Silva, Wanderlei Silva and Rameau Sokoudjou.
- Welterweight: Phil Baroni, Murilo Bustamante, Ryo Chonan, Denis Kang, Paulo Filho, Akihiro Gono and Carlos Newton.
- Lightweight: Marcus Aurelio, Takanori Gomi and Jens Pulver.
Take a look at the trailer!
Can’t wait to play this game? Don’t forget to leave a comment and share your opinion.
Be sure to check out our UFC Undisputed 3 Screenshots Gallery!