This Ninja Gaiden 3 preview gives a quick look at what can be expected from Team Ninja’s upcoming sandbox-style action-adventure video game.
Ninja Gaiden 3 will again feature Ryu Hayabusa as the main character. His right arm, having been cursed in Ninja Gaiden II, will play an integral role in the game’s story.
After receiving a request from the Japanese Self-Defense Force, the Ministry of External Affairs, Ryu is sent to London where he fights unidentified terrorists.
Ninja Gaiden 3 is an upcoming action-adventure video game developed by Team Ninja and published by Tecmo Koei. It is the sequel to Ninja Gaiden II and will be released in early 2012.
It will be the first title in the series not to be directed by franchise mainstay, Tomonobu Itagaki. In his place will be the designer of the Sigma series, Yosuke Hayashi.
Team Ninja talk about the latest and greatest, Ninja Gaiden III. Learn to unmask the challenge of Ninja Gaiden III!
In this video, Yosuke Hayashi talks about the dark Japanese hero Ryu Hayabusa.
And watch Ryu kick some ass in this awesome, full-length demo that was showcased at E3 2011!
Key Features of Ninja Gaiden 3
Here is a list of key elements that will be available in Team Ninja’s Ninja Gaiden 3 based on news and announcements made so far.
The new Kunai Climb involves Ryu climbing onto certain walls with the use of his kunai, which he can use to attack enemies from above. In other situations the player will have to be stealthy, as Ryu can now sneak up on an enemy and kill him with a single strike. Enemies also do not die quickly; they are no longer decapitated or dismembered, instead they will just bleed and weaken.
- The slide maneuver will replace the Reverse Wind Technique from the previous games. Ryu will use it to get through small passages as well as to attack enemies.
- The Ultimate Technique concept has slightly changed in the form of Ryu’s cursed right arm known as the Grip of the Murder. When he kills a specific number of enemies his arm will glow red. Then, the player can charge up for an ultimate attack that is fueled by absorbing nearby fallen bodies instead of essence.
- The HUD will appear only when Ryu is engaged in battle, then fade out later.
- The Muramasa store is no longer present; Ryu’s weapons will be upgraded over time, and items are now only found in chests and in certain enemy corpses.
- The Dragon Statues that allowed Ryu to save and heal will be replaced by a scripted Falcon who swoops down to Ryu’s hand and saves at specific points in the level.
Take a look at the trailer!
Excited for the newest installment in the series? Don’t forget to leave a comment and share your opinion.
Be sure to check out our Ninja Gaiden 3 Screenshots Gallery!