This LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 spells list gives a quick look at the “Hocus Pocus” hi-jinx we can expect from Traveller’s Tales’ upcoming action-adventure title.
Definitely a title to get excited about, the game will be released for the following consoles: PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, PC, DS, 3DS, and PSP on November 1st 2011!
Watch The Latest Gaming News:
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 is the sequel to LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4. It is based on Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Part 1 and 2).
A variety of spells have been confirmed, including:
- Expecto Patronum: the Patronus Charm is a charm that evokes a partially-tangible, positive energy force known as a Patronus (pl. Patronuses, not Patroni). Patronuses are also called spirit guardians, though this may only refer to corporeal Patronuses. It is primarily designed for defence against otherwise unbeatable Dark creatures like Dementors and Lethifolds, though there are other uses.
- Reducto or Confringo: the Reductor Curse is a spell used to blast solid objects into pieces. The incantation for this spell is Reducto. The number of pieces may vary, depending on the power of the curse. If used with extreme force, the object may disintegrate. The Blasting Curse is a spell that causes anything that the spell comes into contact with to explode. A possible lesser version of it might be the Blasting Charm.
- Aguamenti: Aguamenti is a charm that creates a jet of clear, pure water or a fountain from the caster’s wand. It is taught to sixth year students at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in Charms class.
- Diffindo: the Severing Charm is a spell that rips, divides, and separates objects into parts. The incantation for this spell is Diffindo. At Hogwarts, it is learned in the second year. It can cut human flesh if used inappropriately.
- Avada Kedavra: the Avada Kedavra Curse (also known as the Killing Curse) is a spell that causes instantaneous death and is one of the three Unforgivable Curses. The Killing Curse, as a unblockable” Curse, cannot be intercepted by another spell, except in circumstances of Priori Incantatem, where the caster and his opponent’s wands and spells are locked together.
- Crucio: the Cruciatus Curse (also known as the Torture Curse) is one of the three Unforgivable Curses of the wizarding world. It is a curse of torture, inflicting excruciating pain on a victim. This makes it popular among the Death Eaters for use on both fellow wizards and Muggles.
- Wingardium Leviosa: the Hover Charm (Wingardium Leviosa) is a charm used to make objects levitate that is taught to first years at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. The Hover Charm appears to be an improvement on both the Levitation and Locomotor spells, being able to lift objects high in to the air but also allowing one to magically move them through it as well.
- Imperio: the Imperius Curse is one of the three Unforgivable Curses. When cast successfully, it places the victim completely under the caster’s control, though a person with exceptional strength of will is capable of resisting it. This makes it unique among the unforgivable curses, as it is the only one of them with a known, reliable method of resistance.
Learn more spells in this Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7 video.
Check out this interview, in which game director Arthur Parsons talks about what we can expect from Years 5-7!
So are you excited for this game? Don’t forget to leave your comments and opinions in the section below!