A Sonic Generations special collector’s edition has been announced for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 confirmed Sega, who will be giving fans a number of cool goodies in celebration of Sonic’s 20th Anniversary. Sadly it is European-exclusive. Which makes no sense, hopefully Sega will change their minds.
This marks the first time that a Sonic game has been given a special edition release, marking the significance of the game and the fact that Sega has a lot of confidence that Sonic Generations will be a winner (something not always attributed to modern Sonic titles, with many previous games being lackluster).
Watch The Latest Gaming News:
Here is what is inside the Sonic Generations Collector’s Edition:
- A collectable Sonic figurine featuring both Classic and Modern Sonic.
- A “20 Years of Sonic” exclusive collectable art book containing never before seen sketches and images from the past 20 years.
- A “20th Anniversary Sonic Soundtrack” CD featuring Sonic tracks handpicked by Sonic Team from throughout the franchises storied history.
- An exclusive “The History of Sonic: Birth of An Icon” documentary video. An exclusive collection of interviews and footage charting Sonic’s life from inception through to becoming one of the most iconic characters in videogame history.
- An individually numbered commemorative “Sonic Ring”.
- Limited Edition lenticular packaging and cover artwork.
- Additional bonus Downloadable Content included free of charge.
Sadly the 3DS version of Sonic Generations, which will be different from the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions, will not be getting a Special Edition release. Additionally a downloadable minigame based on Sonic 2’s Casino Night Zone will be given to those who pre-order the game in the United States at GameStop. A PC version of Sonic Generations has also been heavily hinted at (given the fact that a Sonic Generations Beta demo of the game was released on Steam) although still unconfirmed.
Pricing details on the Sonic Generations Collector’s Edition have yet to be revealed. The game will be released on November 1st, 2011 in the USA and in Europe on November 30th.
Here is a video showing off tons of awesome gameplay footage of both the Modern and Classic Sonic modes.