Many Soul Calibur 5 characters return for this seventh installment in the long-running weapon-based fighting game. The game features some of your favorite Soul Calibur V characters as well as all-new characters. It takes place 17 years after Soul Calibur IV with many characters aging.
So far 28 characters have been officially confirmed, with the last 2 mimic characters being Elysium & Kilik.
NOTE: We have a guide about how to unlock the 7 Soul Calibur 5 secret characters
Here is a trailer for Soul Calibur 5 showing gameplay footage of many of the characters, including Xiba, Cervantes, Aeon and Yoshimitsu’s best moves.
Soul Calibur 5 characters list
- Aeon Calcos (AKA Lizardman)
- Cervantes de Leon
- Edge Master – Fights with all characters’ styles (mimic)
- Elysium – Angelic woman who looks like Sophitia – Fights with all female characters’ styles (mimic) – *NEW*
- Ezio Auditore da Firenze – Guest Character from Assassin’s Creed series – *NEW*
- Hildegard “Hilde” von Krone
- Isabella “Ivy” Valentine
- Kilik – Fights with all male characters’ styles (mimic)
- Lord Geo Dampierre – Best Buy Pre-order Bonus in USA, Collector’s Edition Extra in EU & Future DLC Character. He’s from Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny
- Natsu – Taki’s disciple – *NEW*
- Patroklos Alexandra – Sophitia’s son – *NEW*
- Alpha Patroklos – Ultimate version of Patroklos wielding Soul Calibur – Fights with Setsuka style – *NEW*
- Pyrrha Alexandra – Sophitia’s daughter – *NEW*
- Pyrrha Omega – Possessed version of Pyrrha wielding Soul Edge – Fights with Sophitia style – *NEW*
- Raphael Sorel
- Siegfried Schtauffen
- Viola (AKA Amy?) – Antagonist with a memory blackout who serves Z.W.E.I. – *NEW*
- Yan Leixia – Xianghua’s 15-year-old daughter – *NEW*
- Xiba – Spiritual successor of staff-wielding Kilik – *NEW*
- Z.W.E.I. – Antagonist who can summon E.I.N. werewolf *NEW*
Rumored Bonus Character
- Katsuhiro Harada – He’s Producer/Director of the Soul Calibur/Tekken series and a Quick Battle Mode challenge – Fights with the Character Creation’s Devil Jin style *UNKNOWN IF PLAYABLE*
Here is an artwork gallery of the Soul Calibur 5 characters.
Thanks to CommieStorm for the Elysium & Kilik confirmation.
Aside from new characters, in 2012 Soul Calibur 5 promises to deliver exhilarating 3D fighting mechanics, breathtaking visuals, 8-way run for true 3D movement during matches, as well as expanding the online + character creation modes. Namco Bandai Games says that, developed by Project Soul Team, SOULCALIBUR V is set to advance the series’ legacy of white-knuckled weapons-based combat with a refined battle system for newcomers and long-time fans alike.
Let’s take a look at the character creator. Tago-San himself (the game’s producer) shows you around the character creation that you’ll find in SoulCalibur V!
Watch this new battle match between Leixia Vs Zwei!
Soul Calibur 5 will be released on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on January 31st in America and in Europe on February 3rd, 2012.
Who do you want to see in Soul Calibur 5?