Table of Contents
Index of Portal 2 Guides:
- This Page: Portal 2 Achievements & Trophies Guide
- New Page: Portal 2 Walkthrough
- New Page: Portal 2 Co-op Walkthrough
- New Page: Portal 2 Secrets
- New Page: Portal 2 Codes & Tips List
- For Fun: Portal 2 Comics
- For Fun: Portal 2 Wallpapers
Earn the Achievement to get the corresponding amount of GamerPoints added to your GamerScore.
1. Pit Boss (30G) – Show that pit who’s boss.
2. Preservation of Mass (20G) – Break the rules in Test Chamber 07. — Grab that Companion Cube and take it to the elevator while the emancipation grid is down! Do so and you’ll earn this Preservation of Mass Achievement.
3. Pturretdactyl (5G) – Use an Aerial Faith Plate to launch a turret. — This can be done in Chapter 2, Test Chamber 6.
4. Lunacy (20G) – That just happened.
5. Drop Box (20G) – Place a cube on a button without touching the cube. — It can be done in Chapter 2, Test Chamber 6. How do you do this? Well you could shoot a portal below the box and one above the button, therefore dropping the box onto the button without touching it! Alternatively you may be able to get a co-op friend to drop the cube on the button in place of you. Leave a comment if you can confirm that either of these are the right way to go to get this “Drop Box” Achievement.
6. Overclocker (30G) – Complete Test Chamber 10 in 70 seconds. — This will also give you the Turret Shirt Avatar award.
7. No Hard Feelings (10G) – Save a turret from redemption. — By earning this “No Hard Feelings” Achievement you’ll also unlock a Turret Shirt Avatar Award.
8. Schrodinger’s Catch (20G) – Catch a blue-painted box before it touches the ground. — Use the Blue Paint which is known as “Repulsion Gel” and makes objects bounce much higher.
9. Ship Overboard (10G) – Discover the missing experiment. — The Aperture Science Borealis ship can be found in Chapter 6.
10. Final Transmission (20G) – Find the hidden signal in one of the Rat Man’s dens. — This is in Chapter 2, Test Chamber 6. The radio comes with the rest of the garbage you get the first time you press the button for the cube.
11. Good Listener (5G) – Take GLaDOS’ escape advice. — This takes place in chapter 4. You should create a save before crossing over to the test area where the achievement dings to prevent from having to backtrack too much.
12. Scanned Alone (5G) – Stand in a defective turret detector.
13. The Part Where He Kills You (20G) – This is that part. — Could it be Wheatley? It has made disparaging comments about humans in the past!
14. Bridge Over Troubling Water (10G) – Complete the first Hard Light Bridge test.
15. SaBOTour (10G) – Make a break for it.
16. Stalemate Associate (15G) – Press the button!
17. Wake Up Call (5G) – Survive the manual override. — Doing so to earn this “Wake Up Call” Achievement will also unlock the Portal 2 Hat Avatar Award for surviving the manual override!
18. You Monster (5G) – Reunite with GLaDOS.
19. Undiscouraged (10G) – Complete the first Thermal Discouragement Beam test.
20. White Out (15G) – Complete the first Conversion Gel test.
21. Tunnel of Funnel (15G) – Master the Excursion Funnel.
22. Dual Pit Experiment (15G) – Do the same test twice.
23. Tater Tote (15G) – Carry science forward.
24. Vertically Unchallenged (15G) – Master the Repulsion Gel.
25. Stranger Than Friction (15G) – Master the Propulsion Gel.
26. Professional Portal (75G) – After completing co-op, complete Calibration Course online with a friend who hasn’t played before. — Better plan ahead for this one. Make sure you have a friend who has the game and be sure that person doesn’t play online until they play with you and complete the Calibration Course with you to get this “Professional Portal” Achievement. You’ll also unlock the Portal 2 Cooperative Avatar Award Shirt for beating the game in Co-Op Mode.
27. Air Show (20G) – Perform 2 aerial gestures before touching the ground in co-op.
28. Portal Conservation Society (20G) – Complete Chamber 3 in the Hard-Light Surfaces co-op course using only 5 total portal placements.
29. Empty Gesture (25G) – Drop your co-op partner in goo while they are gesturing by removing the bridge under them.
30. Party of Three (25G) – Find the hidden companion cube in co-op test chamber.
31. Narbacular Drop (25G) – Place a portal under your co-op partner while they are gesturing. — A reference to the Digipen game “Narbacular Drop” that inspired Portal.
32. Asking For Trouble (10G) – Taunt GLaDOS in front of a camera in each of the five co-op courses.
33. Rock Portal Scissors (20G) – Win 3 co-op games of rock-paper-scissors in a row.
34. Friends List with Benefits (50G) – While playing co-op, hug 3 different people on your friends list. — Earning this Achievement will also unlock the Portal 2 Love Avatar Award Shirt. Yay!
35. Four Ring Circus (25G) – Enter 4 different portals without touching the ground in co-op.
36. Triple Crown (15G) – Solve 3 co-op chambers in the Mass and Velocity course in under 60 seconds each.
37. Still Alive (15G) – Complete Course 4 with neither you nor your co-op partner dying.
38. Can’t Touch This (10G) – Dance in front of a turret blocked by a hard light bridge in co-op.
39. Smash TV (75G) – Break 11 test chamber monitors.
40. High Five (5G) – Celebrate your cooperative calibration success.
41. Team Building (10G) – Complete all test chambers in the Team Building co-op course.
42. Door Prize (20G) – Examine all the vitrified test chamber doors. — Can be done in Chapter 6.
43. Portrait of A Lady (10G) – Find a hidden portrait. — Can be found near the end of Chapter 7.
44. You Made Your Point (10G) – Refuse to solve the first test in Chapter 8.
45. You Saved Science (100G) – Complete all test chambers in all courses of co-op.
46. Iron Grip (20G) – Never lose a cube in Chamber 6 of the Mass and Velocity co-op course.
47. Gesticul-8 (15G) – Perform all 8 gestures of your own volition in co-op.
48. Confidence Building (10G) – Complete all test chambers in the Mass and Velocity co-op course.
49. Bridge Building (15G) – Complete all test chambers in the Hard-Light Surfaces co-op course.
50. Obstacle Building (15G) – Complete all test chambers in the Excursion Funnels co-op course.
Note: Beating the game in Single Player Mode will unlock the Portal 2 Companion Cube Avatar Award which you can see in action in this video.
Continue Reading on: Page 1 Page 2